PDA

View Full Version : MARSH March Meeting Notice

baron_vonklyff
02/17/2003, 01:34 PM
Hi there all. Just a note to remind you of the upcoming meeting on March 5th at Texas Southern University. Directions, if you have not been there before, are on the MARSH website.

This meeting was originally supposed to host Steve LeJeune from Marineland. He would have been talking about the Marineland variety of products and would be bringing some in to raffle off. Unfortunately that has fallen through. He has to be in Carolina on that day and therefore will be unable to make it. I talked with him this morning and have tentatively scheduled him for the May Meeting.

That said, we will still have a good meeting and I hope that every one will show up. Since we had an opening, I am taking the opportunity to give my talk on "Common Pitfalls in Keeping a Saltwater Aquarium." This will be a presentation that I made up, but I will also be looking for participation in the discussion with all of you own pitfall experiences.

Just to sweeten the pot though...because I know that I am not as big a draw as the Maroneland Rep...I have talked to one of our sponsors. Precision Marine has offered to donate some of their product to raffle off at the meeting. Some words that were bandied about included "Bullet Skimmer," "Waste Collectors," ...etc.

Check out their website at www.precisionmarine.com and you will all recognize the quality of their product. We will have a few things to raffle off to entice you all to my presentation.

I hope to see you all then.

Jim

baron_vonklyff
02/17/2003, 03:35 PM
I just added another part to the monthly meeting. I just got off the phone with Chris Borden from Kent Marine, and he will be coming in and doing a presentation on the Kent line of products for saltwater systems. He will attend the March meeting and will be the main speaker. I will use my presentation to supplement his talk if needed. He will also have a variety of Kent product to raffle off too.

So we will have a great meeting and a great raffle at the end. I hope as many of you can make it as possible.

Jim

baron_vonklyff
02/17/2003, 07:39 PM
OK....Due to several upheavals throughout the day the presentation has been modified for the March Monthly Meeting.

Chris Borden from Kent Marine will be providing the presentation at the March meeting, and will be providing product to be raffled off to those in attendance.

My presentation will be moved to a meeting at a later date (TBD).

Jim

baron_vonklyff
02/19/2003, 01:30 PM
OK....Here is the latest and greatest on the March meeting. I believe that this is the final version:

Hi there all. Just a note to remind you of the upcoming meeting on Wednesday, March 5th at Texas Southern University, at 7:30 pm. Directions, if you have not been there before, can be found on the link on the left side, under MARSH Club Information. The meeting will be held in the C S Lane Building, Room 122. (located off Cleburne, just west of Tierwester).

Chris Borden, from Kent Marine, will be giving a presentation on the Kent line of products for Saltwater systems. He will also be bringing product to raffle.

Precision Marine has offered to donate some of their product to raffle off at the meeting. Some words that were bandied about included "Bullet Skimmer," "Waste Collectors," ...etc.

Check out their website at www.precisionmarine.com and you will all recognize the quality of their product.

I hope to see you all then.