PDA

View Full Version : Logos for signature

Bruce
02/14/2003, 11:43 AM
Greetings all,

I have received requests to have a logo of reef club appear after our messages on RC, like in the days of past. To that end I suggest we have a logo competition here on reef central. Winner gets a gift certificate or something, we'll work on the details. We will vote on a winner at the next meeting. We are finalizing the date for the meeting and I hope to announce it this weekend.

To the end of starting the logo competion, I've made two of my own. They need work. But if no one else submits anything, I guess I win;)

Just a note. The logos have to small for RC to display them. I read somewhere, sometime that 5K was the max. size. They may have changed it with the new server, because I can't find where I read about the size restriction. Bottom line, is to keep it small.

(For some reason logo1 appears too large, it will appear smaller in the signature area).

Logo1
http://soda.myfileserver.net/logo1.jpg

and Logo 2

http://soda.myfileserver.net/logo3.jpg

Best,

Bruce

peege
02/14/2003, 11:01 PM
Hey bruce, I have literally thousands of pictures of reef stuff and you guys are welcome to use one for the logo. Out of all of them a few gotta be worth something.

TTYL

minh_han
02/15/2003, 05:10 AM
That sounds like a good idea. Mike and I will try to come up with something.

Mike_Kealey
02/15/2003, 10:52 AM
Bruce,

Sounds like a great idea. I was wondering though, which acronym should we be using to come up with these logo ideas: CARS or CTARS?

Just wondering.

Thanks,
Mike

minh_han
02/15/2003, 08:07 PM
I tried a few large ones and tried to shrink it down, but it didn't work out nearly that well. So, I started to work with pics that originally start out small. Please let me know what you think and how it can be revised. Or if it's totally stupid and should be trashed outright! I won't mind an honest answer.

minh_han
02/15/2003, 08:08 PM
Here's another one

minh_han
02/15/2003, 08:09 PM
And here's a third. I wish I knew how to get it to just show up instead of doing it as an attachment.

peege
02/15/2003, 10:39 PM
That first one looks good, wish it was bigger so I can see better. My 1400+ resolution makes it small.

To get it to show without being an attachment you need to have it hosted somewhere and then put the url here.

HTH

Bruce
02/15/2003, 11:27 PM
Minh,

Nice logos. I will talk to John about getting all of the entries posted on our web site and a way we can all link to the logos as easily as possible. Also make a nice announcement of the next meeting at our web site.

The web site is www.ctars.org, but we are CARS. A bit unfortunate, but such is life. Cars.org is owned by The Cuyahoga Amateur Radio Society, go figure:rolleyes:. cars.net appears to have a squatter on it:confused: , and cars.com, is well, cars.com:p .

As peege said, you generally need a web provider to host the pictures that will allow linking. This problem keeps comming up on RC. Most of the free picture hosters don't allow linking to sites outside their domain.

Bruce

ThingsReef
02/17/2003, 09:19 PM
My entry...see if it works this time.

ThingsReef
02/17/2003, 10:04 PM
Another entry I also thought about making a shape of CT and edges of the surrounding states but I didn't have it in me tonight. I'm kinda figuring out photoimpression as I go along (I've only had it for a couple years).

minh_han
02/18/2003, 12:14 AM
I've created an MSN Community called CT Area Reef Society so I can post some of these larger images that I have been asked to do. It might also be a place to put our pics until one is elected as our official logo. It's too bad RC is doing away with signatures, but we can still have a logo. I was asked to post some pics without the words on it, so they're in there too. Bruce, I like yours as well. It's not as "busy" as my first attempt, which is why I tried several pics with just a flame angel. But, that was when I thought we were going to have to use small pics to put on our signature. So, I guess the pics can be larger to give more definition. You can find the new pics <a href="http://groups.msn.com/CTAreaReefSociety/possiblecarslogos.msnw?Page=1">here</a>.