PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Tomoko Schum
02/13/2003, 12:29 AM
Hi,

I am new here. I recently started a very small reef aquarium (15G). I am new to reef keeping (I have many years of experience with planted fresh water tanks.) I have been reading many articles and a few books to study up on reef keeping since last summer. So far things are going pretty well.

My reef tank has only a few muchroom corals and a cleanup crew (snails and hermit crabs mainly) right now. I am looking for a source for a pink Xenia. I just fell in love with the looks of Xenias on GARF. Does anyone know a shop that has a pretty pink Xenia in North Alabama? I live in the Huntsville-Madison area. I went to Captive Bred Corals last Saturday but they did not have a pink Xenia.

TIA,

Tomoko

edsiajb
02/13/2003, 09:42 AM
Welcome! I have a pink xenia elongata that I can frag for you. It seems to be one of the hardier xenia's and grow's well. None of the xenia ships well. A while back, I ordered a box of frags from GARF. Everything survived except the four xenia frags.

Anyway, if you are coming to the Birmingham area, let me know and I will have you a piece ready.

Tomoko Schum
02/13/2003, 11:23 AM
Wow, thank you for your wonderful offer! I would love to have a hardy pink Xenia frag in my tank. Since I do not have anything to trade yet, please let me know how much you would like for it off list at tomokoschum@knology.net . Since I am only one and a half hours away from Birmingham, I can come down on a weekend when it's convenient for you.

Thank you again,

Tomoko

Leviathan
02/14/2003, 06:32 PM
Tomoko Schum,

Welcome to our little corner of RC. Hopefully you will be able to attend a few club meetings in the future.:)

Chris

Tomoko Schum
02/14/2003, 07:35 PM
Thank you. I would love to attend club meetings. Do you have one every month? I am in Madison, AL. Where do you hold your meetings? Do any of you know a few good shops in North Alabama outside of Huntsville-Madison area?

Tomoko