PDA

View Full Version : Reefland.Com Online Store Order Experience.

bajathree
02/09/2001, 08:05 AM
This e-mail sent out after the clean-up should explain;
Hi
I got my shipment this morning. It came early but that is about where the good news ends. Seem's that the bag inside leaked combined with the styro container being broken. I don't know if the box got dropped and cracked the styro or what. The box was delivered in a giant plastic bag. The Fed-Ex guy said he brought it early because it was leaking all over his truck. The bottom of the box was soaked. You know what wet cardboard is like, so needless to say the bottom fell out. I thought ok, not so bad the inner bag (thin black garbage bag) was intack, so not a complete disaster. Well wrong, trying to pick up the bag the best way I could, it broke from the weight and sand and rock all over my floor. I am then to find out that the LR is(or I should say was) wrapped in paper. The paper being wet was shredded into a thousand pieces all through out the sand. So now I have a pile of sand and rock on my wood floor with shredded newspaper mixed in. It took me over an hr. to pick it up, and I must of lost at least 5 lbs in the process. I tried to pick the paper out of the sand as best as I can and placed it in my container. Needless to say my wife freaked. My PH's have already clogged three times because of the shredded news paper in the water and I spent another half hr running a net through the water to try to get it out.
This was a disaster, I am sorry to complain but I am very frustrated. I still now have my floor to deal with. FED-EX noted that the box was wet for whatever that is worth.
Steve

KenT
02/09/2001, 09:25 AM
I am sure your order was not shipped damaged, it was probably the fault of Fed X. You can file a claim and at least get your shipping cost refunded. As far as the clean up, you could have scooped up the sand and put it in a bucket of tank water and the paper would have floated to the surface, or separated from the sand and rock and removed. It is a common practice to rap rock in wet newspaper for shipping. My $.02

bajathree
02/09/2001, 01:37 PM
KenT
Yes your right it is common practice to wrap LR in newspaper but is it common practice to ship it in a single thin garbage bag mixed with LS. Try putting a combined weight of 60lbs or rock and sand in a thin single garbage bag and see if it holds not to even mention being waterproff. I am sure part of the blame lies on Fed-Ex dropping the box causing the styro liner to crack but I am not sure all the blame is there's. Mixing rock wrapped in newspaper with wet sand one does not have to be a brain surgon to figure it is going to shread into a thousand pieces. Then there is still the question of using a thin garbage bag to hold all that weight and be waterproff. Yes I did put it into a container of water but sorry it did not all float to the top.

[Edited by bajathree on 02-09-2001 at 12:42 PM]