PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for LFS's

christyf5
02/10/2003, 02:40 AM
Hey all!

Me and a few friends are heading down your way (from Vancouver) for Eric's talk Feb 22 and would like to do a tour of any worthy LFS's. We know we can't buy but we still like to look :)

Please post name of store and the address so I can map them all out. Starting from Blaine to Seattle.

Thanks!

Christy :)

Gordo
02/10/2003, 05:57 PM
Christy,

All the stores listed on our web site are nice. Each store has a good selection and they all seem to have strong and weak points. The only other store that might be worth your time is Salt Water City in Bellevue. Coming from the border, I would go with the following order. What's nice is all off these stores are really close to the interstate so you won't be driving all over town.

Aquarium Concepts
Below Sea Level
Salt Water City
Blue Sierra

~Gordo~

christyf5
02/10/2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks! Thats exactly what I was looking for :D

Zack S
02/10/2003, 09:38 PM
let me know hen u going to any of those stores love to meet you there:) zanyzack2@aol.com

MtnDewMan
02/11/2003, 12:16 AM
Christy

One Divided contacted me via email ... Are you guys going to check out some local tanks? I know he wanted to stop by here and see mine. You all are more than welcome to stop by ... I am probably the furthest north so probably your first stop :)

Chuck

christyf5
02/11/2003, 01:02 AM
Oh WOW Chuck,
That would be awesome. I was thinking about asking you but I thought maybe with the meeting it would be a bit much for us to just drop by. Wow! That would be awesome. Oh I can't wait even more now!http://www.crazypics.de/smilies_froehlich/froehlich018.gif

Yes we're planning on doing a LFS tour but I wasn't sure how hard it would be to do tank tours since everyone is all over the place by the looks of it (plus i have no idea where I'm going :P). Theres just so much stuff to cram in, in a day. I'm picking a Calgarian up at the airport at 8:20 and we're gung ho from there hopefully. We're hammering out the fine details. I'm hoping to make a full day of it. Guess I should probly tell the others ;)

PS Chuck if you're ok with us stopping by could you send me your address so I can put you on my map (I am too organized:rolleyes: )

MtnDewMan
02/11/2003, 01:05 PM
No problem Christy ... Do you know what time you will be heading this way? I am about 1 1/2 hours south of the border in Mukilteo, I will PM you my address.

I plan on leaving my house around 4pm to 4:30pm to help get things set up at the store for the event, so hopefully you will be here before then :)

Looking forward to meeting our Canadian friends, it should be fun. We are close to 60 yeses so far and growing for the meeting next week.

gljjr
02/12/2003, 12:05 AM
Christy,

You really need to see Chuck's setup. He's done a wonderful job on it!

BTW: I would be you would have no problem getting some corals so long as you brought a good quality cooler with you. I don't know about getting it across the border though... Hmm

christyf5
02/12/2003, 12:37 AM
No we won't be transporting any corals across the border. This is a look-see mission only. I would hate for us to get busted and they leave them to rot on a counter somewhere.

Bummer though. It would be awesome to pick up some frags from you guys.

MtnDewMan
02/12/2003, 12:49 AM
Christy,

I can't post on Canreef for some reason so will catch you here ... I saw that you guys were worried about getting the funds to Paul in time. I wouldn't worry about it that much. As long as you have $10 US at the door, that works too :) I am sure you would like your membership cards prior to coming down in case you want to shop at the local stores while around and get your discounts if you buy stuff. Otherwise, as long as you have the $10 at the door, it will all be okay.

christyf5
02/12/2003, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately we can't buy anything anyway. There is a zero $$ limit to a less than 24 hour stay for bringing stuff back. Anything we did bring back we'd have to pay tax and duty on. With the crappy exchange rate these days it just isn't worth it (unless of course its something fantastically exciting that we just can't get in Canada ;)).

Thanks though.

Hopefully I'll get my card before we come anyway, just so I can feel important flashing "the card" :p

MtnDewMan
02/12/2003, 10:54 PM
Ahhhh, but all out of town guests are important :D