PDA

View Full Version : Alpha testers needed for the eReefLog database

GARFVolunteer
02/09/2003, 11:55 AM
Howdy Folks,

I have been working in Austin for the last 5 weeks (only 4 more to go). The only way I can keep from going totally bonkers is to come up with a project I can do in a hotel room. Since I can't bring my tank along, I bring my computer and usually do reef related stuff on it.

My latest project is called the eReefLog. I have created a database that will keep track of your tank and information about it. The database design is about 95% complete and I am mainly working on the Web-based front end that the user will see.

Currently I am in need of some "Alpha" testers and I thought this forum would be a good place to recruit some volunteers. If you would like to participate, use the following link: eReefLog (http://www.garf.org/reeflog)

Here is a list of the different features that I have ready for testing:

Login -Log into eReefLog

Register -Register as a user of eReefLog

Add Tank - This will allow you to add a tank to the eReefLog database. There is currently no limit to the number of tanks you can have.

Edit/Change Tank - Form that allows you to edit tank information. This form is also used to change tanks.

Initial Cycle Data This form is used to record Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate levels when first setting up your reef.

Equipment - Information about the equipment used on your reef i.e.Lights, skimmer...

Water Quality - Track different water quality parameters of your tan i.e. Temp, pH, salinity, etc. There is a user configurable form that allows you to choose which parameters to display.

Currently I am working on the Maintenance Schedule portion of the user interface. I want the schedule to be completely user configurable no matter what your setup is. One of the key features of the schedule will be an e-mail reminder that is sent when a task is due.

The other planned features are, Livestock and propagation forms, data sharing where you can choose to share tank data with others, and the ability to print graphs and reports of your tanks data.

All I ask is that you send me a PM when you find problems or have suggestions. In the e-mail, copy the error that is displayed. It will usually look something like this:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'WriteHeadings1'

/GARF/frmWaterQuality.asp, line 89

Eventually, I will get the error handling working so it will automatically send me an e-mail when an error occurs.

Thanks,

Scott