PDA

View Full Version : blue tang - eaters of zoos!!

arcab4
02/09/2003, 02:40 AM
haha. that's an interesting subject title..who would've thought...

but lately my blue tang has taken to picking on all my small rubble of zoos. my guess is that he's trying to pick on some kind of unseen algae on the rocks and therefore causing the zoo's to close.

but i've seen him directly pick onto the zoo itself..over and over again till there is no more zoos on the rocks. i've lost 3 nice frags of zoos to him and i just saved another 4 frags from his rampage.

and tonight..i thought he was taking his fury only onto small frags..but he attacked a big rock of zoos.

very strange considering that he's been in my tank since the beginning and he's never bothered the zoos. feeding method has been the same (if not more) and everything else is doing great.

any ideas? :p

Diesel Man
02/09/2003, 04:41 PM
Get rid of the fish. :) He's a zoo junky. You know they are toxic. I bet he's swimmin around with a little fish buzz:) But if I had a zoo eating fish he would be short lived in my tank. I hope you dont have any clams, they are like taco bell to a stoned fish:)lol Good luck Greg

arcab4
02/09/2003, 06:28 PM
thanks greg,

just so you know..he took a liking to the zoos i bought from you. maybe i should send him to you? haha.

i'll see if i can catch him and move him into my prop tank. he'll be alot happier there.

i still can't believe he took a liking to zoos...

hhinojosa
02/14/2003, 02:04 AM
I've noticed the same behavior recently from my purple tang. I had a zooanthid rock with him as a juvenile for at least 2 years and all of a sudden he started to pick at them. It began when I did some rearranging to mount some new frags.

I guess they don't like change.