PDA

View Full Version : Looking for easy to keep frags

moonpod
02/08/2003, 01:12 AM
I'm in the WLA/Fairfax area and I work downtown. I have a FOWLR that I'd like to add some pizzazz to. So I've got some xenia, lots of macros, a gorgonian (boy was that stupid) and a BTA. Looking for some 'shrooms, ricordia, a PHOTOSYNTHETIC gorgonian, maybe some polyps, maybe some LPS or EASY SPS etc...easy stuff to keep that'll tolerate OK, not pristine water, and VHO type lighting (I use T5's w/ PC now, switching to all T5 when my 03 bulbs come). I do add kalk in my replacement water and I've got coralline EVERYWHERE, so I'll assume my Ca levels are decent, but not overpowering.

cmoonpod32@yahoo.com

moonpod
02/09/2003, 12:04 PM
Come on guys, someone out there has to have some frags of stuff that doesn't need calcium reactors and MH lighting.....

dadevil23335
02/09/2003, 01:19 PM
Moonpod,

I've got these green monti caps that some people that's bought from me having VHO/PC's reports doing well under their lighting configurations. I do have them under MH's though. I have a few frags available and will be fragging some more later in the week. Let me know if you want to get one and give it a try. I'm located in Downey, prolly 20-30 minutes from you off the 105.

Lyndel

P.S. I have a yellow leather too that will for sure grow in your setup.

moonpod
02/09/2003, 01:23 PM
Hook me up...monti's don't necessarily need to be blasted with light right? and the yellow leather, I'm all over that.

dadevil23335
02/09/2003, 01:38 PM
Shoot me an email and i'll give you directions and we can try to work out a day to meet. dadevil2335@aol.com

s13silvia
02/10/2003, 02:29 AM
good luck with your reefing adventures moonpod....

hey dadevil...i'll be hitting you up for frags once my tank is ready ;)

David P
02/10/2003, 08:36 PM
Hmm, I got a beautifull red monti from Pierce. His was under MH but in my tank, its just barely still alive. His bright red digitata is doing quite nice under my 4x96 pcs though. If you ever get up north (by magic mountain) Ive got a few pieces of orange digitata I could spare. Along with some green stripe shrooms and possibly a ricordia

moonpod
02/10/2003, 09:00 PM
oohhh, green stripe 'shrooms and ricordea sound very cool. I'm a little nervous about sticking a chunk of SPS (the monti frag) into my all fluorescent tank.

I'm gonna call a sales rep that lives out there (valencia) and sees me often. Maybe he could courier the frags. Thanks BTW!

David P
02/12/2003, 11:31 PM
What size is your tank with how much light? I have mine all over in my 60 with 4x96pcs. I even have a frag of the monti laying on the sand and its doing ok.

moonpod
02/13/2003, 10:39 AM
Current tank is a 60 w/108 watts of T5 6500k and 96w PC actinic. Am switching w/in the week to 162w of T5 03, and 108w of 6500k and 54w of 10k. This is actually going to be even more b/c all the bulbs will be overdriven....so light shouldn't be a problem. Currently, I've got some mushrooms--put variety is the spice of life right? Ricordea would be cool as well. There's an alveopora doing pretty well in the tank, really "polyps up" and some xenia that's just been fragged for the first time.