PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a real good trade

JB NY
02/07/2003, 09:57 PM
Ok, I normally don't do this. But I have a really nice piece of Caulastrea curvata that I accidentally snapped a branch off of. Anyway, I'm looking to trade with someone local for it. I think it's a pretty rare piece as I have not seen it in this color before. Any of those who have seen my tank in person can vouch for it's color, it's the same as the pic.

What I'm looking for is a solid blue acro. Or something you feel would be worth the trade. As I said, I normally give my stuff away and don't hold out, but there are a few corals I've been really trying to get and had no luck, people just don't want to part with some of their super nice pieces.

So anyone want to trade? :)

http://www.cnidarianreef.com/images/misc/DSCN2151.jpg

Corpus Callosum
02/07/2003, 10:32 PM
dont give that away. start a second colony in your tank.

use the second colony to keep fragging and trading, and let the main colony grow.

but if you must trade it, maybe joe y. can offer you something atleast then it can be a show piece later on in that huge tank..

SWW1268
02/07/2003, 10:57 PM
I have an order of Blue Tenuis coming in tomorrow. Are you interested in that? The only thing is that it's a frag, so I gotta see if it's big enough to split.

SWW1268
02/07/2003, 11:08 PM
I got a photo from the site. (I had to crop the photo down to size for RC.)

SWW1268
02/07/2003, 11:14 PM
Having trouble posting pic.

Justjoe
02/08/2003, 06:12 PM
Joe,
I have some blue frags at AMW, not sure of the species but they are blue and may be worthy of a trade for the green. I have seen that green caulastrea at Tropicorium in the past... real nice.
Joe

SWW1268
02/08/2003, 08:30 PM
JB, I got it today, but it's probably not what you're looking for. It's got a nice blue tip but the base is yellow. Maybe next time.

JB NY
02/08/2003, 09:57 PM
Hey Joe,

Any Acropora sp. that is a nice blue color would be great. If you have a pic let me know, if we do the trade I can bring it at the reefers meeting. Or maybe it's a good excuse for you to stop by my house. ;)

Justjoe
02/09/2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by JB NY
Hey Joe,

Any Acropora sp. that is a nice blue color would be great. If you have a pic let me know, if we do the trade I can bring it at the reefers meeting. Or maybe it's a good excuse for you to stop by my house. ;)

Sounds good, take a look at the acro at the meeting, if to your liking, take it home then we'll make the time to stop by your place.
Thanks,
Joe

JB NY
02/09/2003, 08:55 PM
Sounds like a plan. Thanks.