PDA

View Full Version : Bakpak and 10 gallon ??

Agu
02/06/2003, 11:55 PM
Will a bakpak fit on a 10 gallon ? I've had three bakpaks, think they're awesome skimmers, but have never tried to fit them on a 10 gallon nano. Now that I've sold them all I have a 10 gallon I think may need a skimmer :rolleyes: .

Agu

shermlock
02/07/2003, 12:17 PM
That is what I use and it seems to work great. I did have to cut some 2x4s to use as a prop (under the tank) in order to get my skimmer to hang on the aquarium. I made a homemade canopy out of wood and painted the base (prop 2x4s) black and it looks and works great.
Shermlock

Agu
02/07/2003, 02:57 PM
In other words, the bakpak needs more than 12.5 " ??

Agu

shermlock
02/07/2003, 11:04 PM
Agu,
I've got the original BakPak. I measured my tank and it is 12" high. My BakPak
required another 2 1/2 inch prop under the tank in order to hang on my tank. I hope
this helps.
Shermlock

broadwave
02/10/2003, 01:45 PM
I am using an AquaC Remora on my 15 gallon nano 24x12x12
and it fits perfect!!!

Skims really well too!!!:D

gagnu
02/14/2003, 11:58 AM
I have a Bakpak 2R on my 10gal with no additional modifications.

zooqi
02/14/2003, 04:17 PM
bakpak fits on a 10 gallon and by the time you buy a bakpak it sound that you will sell the tank :D I sold 10 gallon tanks and tried to drill a hole in one and cracked it. I went yesteday to Wal-Mart and bought two for nano next to the window (using sunlight) I put one by the window a few weeks ago and xenias are doing so good and grow big. I do a water change once every two days. I take a gallon out and dump it in my main 85 gal sump and take a gallon out and use DIY (breast pump ) to drip the water back and is doing great. I have three nanos (I like the way it sounds) now.:) I have bakpak but don't use it since I'm doing water change like that. It takes a little space.

Flanders
02/14/2003, 04:47 PM
Hey zooqi, if you're ever interested in selling that backpak, please pm me. I believe you were at the last URS meeting, right?

zooqi
02/14/2003, 05:10 PM
Flanders: yes I was at the meeting and I'm #29 I think :D Some of the URS members coming to the meeting that I have on my if you can wait or if you are coming with them then you can pick it up. Do you have any softies to trade?

Flanders
02/14/2003, 05:30 PM
I believe I'm sitting next to you on the couch in the photo on your left. :D I won't be able to make it to your next meeting, but I can certainly wait for the backpak if you plan on coming to another URS meeting.

I can make some cuttings for you in the meantime - I have a couple sp. of leathers, a pink colt and lots of fast-growing capnella I could easily frag. Let me know. Also some zoanthids.

zooqi
02/14/2003, 10:44 PM
Yep, you were sitting on my left hand

URS FACE MAP (http://www.upstatereef.com/~rindiano/ursmap.htm)

I love that face maping and I have used it many time. I will be attending any URS meetings if nothing important came up and I will save it for you.

Flanders
02/15/2003, 11:17 AM
Yep, you were sitting on my left hand

Uh, who put it there? :D

Thanks a lot for saving the skimmer. I'm sure we'll meet up again soon. I've been wanting to get down to Ron's Saltwater Heaven as well.

zooqi
02/15/2003, 11:31 AM
I know that picture was something :D :cool: