PDA

View Full Version : MH light timing

portelli
05/02/2000, 04:26 PM
For those you you who have 2+ MH do you turn them on at the same time? I was going to turn on my atinics then one Mh for a while then the other. But I would rather use one timer. Are there timmers that aloow more than one plug and differert settings? Cheap solutions

Zmann
05/02/2000, 08:55 PM
Cheap, buy 2 manual timers for a total of $10 and use one to turn on actinics and one for halides.

------------------
Our Little Ocean (http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/bell/738)

Dave
05/02/2000, 09:03 PM
Portelli go to Radio Shack I purchased a timer for $20.00 it is digital and has a grounded socket.They offer 2 models $20 and $30 just put a 3-way on it and plug it in.
It was the best thing I did.
Dave

portelli
05/03/2000, 06:15 AM
No you guys don't get my question. Do you turn both of your MH on at the same time? Or do you stagger them? I don't want everything to turn on at one time. I know I can use cheap timmers, but i was wondering if there was one that would take up one socket but still allow different timings.

Doug1
05/03/2000, 07:47 AM
I havent seen any inexpensive alternatives to fancy reef controller. Best bet may be to get 2 timers and stagger the MH start times. FWIW I'd use an hours difference if I used the MH. Maybe Inventor can come up with a multi timer setup along the lines of the wave strip :cool:

------------------
Reef as though your life depended on it, yours might but the sea's does.........Doug ReefTank administrator