PDA

View Full Version : Finding zoo's

Devin98
02/05/2003, 05:31 PM
I am at an endless search for zoanthids, I want to get a large collection of nice and rare colors, but I cannot find anyone who is selling nice ones, well with the excetion of thelocicalreef.com, but they take so long to get new ones ready, and then they sell out within an hour, if anyone is willing to sell/trade some that would be great, just let me know, or if anyone has any good companys/people who sell nice zoo's also let me know

Thanks In Advance
-Devin Montreuil

Mako
02/05/2003, 06:55 PM
Isn't shipping livestock into Canada somewhat of a PITA?

Devin98
02/05/2003, 08:08 PM
Yes shipping costs a lot but I am willing to pay it

Mako
02/05/2003, 09:17 PM
Is there problems with customs?

Devin98
02/05/2003, 09:19 PM
Nope you just have to pay them a customs and Brokerage fee's, I mean its canada, if we were any more americanized we would be called the USA. But I would call Fedex, or UPS just to make sure everything would be alright

-devin

Brad B
02/05/2003, 10:40 PM
I am also interested in finding zoanthinds for sale or trade. I am setting up a nano tank that will be dedicated solely to zoas and ricordea so if you have some lets talk! Brad:D

Twist N Go
02/06/2003, 12:28 AM
What's up guys. I too am looking for rare ricordea and polyps. I have blue centers with brown rims (pretty sweet), the Soloman Island green with orange center polyps, and green center with brown rims. Let me know if you guys are up for a trade!

holeinone1972
02/06/2003, 05:48 PM
Called International Fedex center. After I finally explained what they were, they siad NO!

Now if you were a gambling man(which I am not!) you could probably get away with it. But Federal Prison and huge fines do not appeal to me.

Bummer.

technoshaman
02/06/2003, 07:42 PM
Guys, check out www.thelogicalreef.com Ryan has some really neat varieties of zoos but they sell out fast. Keep checking. I bought 4 small colonies last week and am very happy with them.

vulkum
02/07/2003, 08:53 AM
BRAD R: if you live in portland just check out the shops now and again. most of my colors have come from there. i just got some nice orange and yellow zoo's from sotuas last month and upscales always has something nice as well. the only colors that i've never seen are blues and lime greens around these parts

dellrio
02/10/2003, 11:00 PM
every now and then i see aweomse ricordia and zoanthids on ebay.. u can try them... i type in - live coral - and theres usually 3-4 pages of great stuff...

Fishguru
02/18/2003, 04:25 AM
You can take fish accross the border, but it is illegal to transport corals into canada (or from canada for that matter) from a public standpoint, a distributor might be able to find the loophole, but i wouldnt risk the fines, or the coral, Just a little FYI. Guru

aquaria_marine
02/20/2003, 04:04 PM
Hi Devin,

I live in Brampton, Ontario as well. On top of that I am also looking for beautiful rare zooanthids and other polyps. Maybe we could make a trade sometime. Anyways, I'll let you know if I find anyone around selling nice ones.

Josh

Devin98
02/20/2003, 04:10 PM
aquaria_marine,

do you have any zoos or anything, I have a few different types of zoos so far, pink, green, grey, orange, so if you have anything to trade maybe we can set something up

-Devin

theshad
04/29/2003, 07:10 PM
Used to Live in Brampton and now live in Richmond Hill. I am just starting out in the hobby and my wife and I both love the look and colours of some of the zoos that are out there.

I too have not had any luck finding any supplier in the local GTA area that can get any of the real colourfull ones.

As mentioned I am new and only have one cloney of the standard Green but if you would be willing to sell some of the other coulours or frag a small piece I would be very interested.

Lukan
04/30/2003, 11:47 AM
Hello Fellow Canucks . Why don't you guys send me a Pm and see if we can do some trading. I've got a few rare and unusual ones. I would like to trade some of my polyps and obtain some more unusual and colorful variety.

Thanks
Lukan

pbutkovich
04/30/2003, 09:11 PM
Hey Canucks,
A small shop that recently opened up in Brampton called Aquarium Depot has had some realy nice Zoos in stock. A really awsome BRIGHT Flouresent orange that wasn't ready for sale yet the last time I was there. They go fast, but if you call the owner can probably tell you when they are there. My nice Blues with Yellow are not quite ready to split yet, but when they are, I would love to trade. I just have orangey/red, two toned green, and the blue/yellow right now.
Paul

lebowski
04/30/2003, 09:33 PM
I got a very small frag of zoos, It's about half an inch with 5 zoos on it. I will sell it to you for like 5 bucks.:D

theshad
05/01/2003, 12:00 PM
I have been dealing with Aquarium Depot for a while now. I know he has been able to get a few different zoos in but you are correct about them going very fast. I did however get the small green ones I have from him.

lebowski for $5 bucks I'll take you up on your offer. Just let me know how to get the cash to you and how you will deliver the goods. :D

lebowski
05/01/2003, 03:04 PM
You e-mail me. You pay for shipping, and 5 bucks for the frag. It is very little. like 6 polyps. The color is this bright neon green with orange centers. Very nice.

Just e-mail me

vplebowski@msn.com