PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to all PA reefers!

holeinone1972
02/03/2003, 07:32 PM
Hey everyone my name is Rob Huss. I am the current Vice President for www.pmas.org .

I just wanted to invite you all to come over to our website www.pmas.org and check us out. There are a great bunch of folks here to help each other out and share knowledge and experience of of saltwater love.

We meet usually once a month and have great speakers come and talk about what is going on in the hobby. At the end of most every meeting we have a chinese raffle, a great way to get some nice corals and spread the wealth. This helps us run the club.

So feel free to post here or come by www.pmas.org and drop by a meeting. We are always looking for more folks to share our hobby with.

musicsmaker
02/03/2003, 11:48 PM
Sup Rob! One of us should post a reply to the thread for the last frag swap and link everyone to this new forum. Think that sounds like a good idea? It's great that RC made this forum for us. I always wondered why there wasn't one before.

I was planning on making a trip up your way in the next week or so. Any word on the suncoral? I just know there is a perfect zoanthid colony or three just waiting for me as well. :D

Python73
02/05/2003, 02:06 AM
MM - that's how I found the new board... got an email from theSea where the frag post was.

Also, this is a sweet idea. If we can get everyone reading here, we could post "Does anyone have?" threads before the meetings. Makes it easier to swap or pick what to bring to the auction.

Thanks for the heads up, see you all at the next meeting.

S !

holeinone1972
02/05/2003, 07:47 AM
Python, that is the idea. Now if we can just get everyone over hear, and using it. This could become a great resource.

Rob

kevinl
02/06/2003, 11:02 PM
I,m Here!!

Rob, those Pink Zoo's are really turning PINK;)
Thanks again!

holeinone1972
02/06/2003, 11:31 PM
Cool mine are looking better also.

Yunit
02/10/2003, 11:58 PM
What a pleasent surprise!!!

Although I am very interested in learning more about building my own reef aquarium, I haven't as of yet. However, I would be interested in sitting in on your meetings, if I could. I am trying to learn as much as I can before I jump into this.

I am really concerned about the costs. I do not want to half@ss my reef or have to exit the hobby because I can't afford to manage the costs of maintaining my system. I have read "Natural Reef Aquariums" by John Tullock and he suggests $30-$50 per gal (looking into 50 gal system.) After reading some other things, I am thinking that might be a little low. Can anyone provide any insight on that?

I VERY MUCH WELCOME ALL ADVISE, OR SUGGESTED READINGS, YOU ALL MAY HAVE!

Ryan

holeinone1972
02/11/2003, 12:36 AM
Ryan,

Hi I am Rob Huss, Vice President of the Pittsburgh Marine Aquariust Society, and we are glad you stumbled on to us also.

There is a lot of research to be done, and it will depend on what type of reef you decide to setup. Wether it be hard corals, soft corals, mixed reef or just a marine fish tank.

We would be glad to have you come to our next meeting, and take a look and listen to our group.

Check the www.pmas.org website for the details.

Please feel free to email me, or give me a call sometime, (412) 708-2526

Looking forward to meeting you, and to see your reef become a reality.

Rob