PDA

View Full Version : DIY at the First Meeting!?

minfinger
02/03/2003, 11:09 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm planning on having a DIY at the first meeting. Any ideas or volunteers are welcome!

DIY Suggestions so far:
Cutting Lether Frags
- I've got 2 Leathers that I might want to Frag by then.
DIY Lance Rocks
- Why pay $6+ / lbs when you can make your own!
DIY Acrylic
- Depends on how much response I get on this?
DIY Acropora Frags
- If anyone has any Acropora they want to Frag, bring it :-)
DIY Skimmers
- I've got lots of great plans from the Internet and I'd love to share them. I think everyone would enjoy building one. why spend Hundreds when you can do it for less $50 and the cost of a small pump?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Simbo18
02/20/2003, 10:13 PM
DIY acropora FRAGS!! I can donate a few plugs if needed. AND lace rock..... I don't see the fun in buying rock when you can shape it JUST FOR YOU TANK!!!!

minfinger
02/21/2003, 10:44 AM
We might have to wait for the wait until the second meeting to do this. That way I can get all attendees input. If you want to bring you Acropora pugs and explain how it's done, that would be cool.

Do you know for sure you're gonna make it or not?

Simbo18
02/21/2003, 08:18 PM
Sure I'll bring the plugs but I can't make it to the first meeting....:( But I'll be happy to show how it's done if no one knows... Um, who exactly has the acropora? I don't and I can't see one in your tank.... I don't have anything more to frag either. I did that a little while ago so I can ship them off to a freind. So, unless you can find a coral to frag that's out of the question.

Luke
Sorry I can't make it to the first meeting...... really a bumer. You know. But you all have fun and just how many people do you have coming now? Is the guy witht the 300 gal comeing?

minfinger
02/21/2003, 10:06 PM
I never heard from the 300 gallong guy :( I don't know, maybe 5 or 10. Hard to say now how many people. I don't know any that has Acro, I thought you had some ;) Oh well. Maybe we can frag some of my leather at some point. I told Larry I'd give him some of my leathers.

Simbo18
02/23/2003, 08:36 PM
Hey Mike!!

We'll find a coral soon! I hope. One day I'll have a 300 gal. and you'll be hearing from me!! =) My dream tank is 40" wide, 25
" tall, and 7' long! I LOVE..... wide tanks. Of course there's always the problem of support in the middle so, I'll make the stand out of steel pip and have a suppor in the middle. I might even make it wider and taller but still fighting myself on that. I want it 48" wide. But that's REALLY wide. Who cares! :D

I might have someone new joinging the club!!! I'll have to go back over to his house tomorrow. I met him yesterday because I was rideing by on my bike and saw actinics, so I decided to look in the window.. :rolleyes: and saw what looked to be a reef tank, it was hard to tell. So, I got the guts to ask him if it was and sure enought he had some different types of brains and some mushrooms. He dosn't have much lighing yet... but he'll have them by this month somtime. I just hope I can talk him into it. Wish me luck. Oh, will there be a fee right away or is that going to be discused at the first meeting? Thanx.

minfinger
02/23/2003, 09:27 PM
On the issues of Fees: I doubt we will have any membership fees for at least one year or more. Currently I have no plans and I want to let the regular attending members, in time, decide on the fate of the Fees.

Make sure you talk to that guy and tell him all about it. Give him the web page and my phone number is on the web page too.