PDA

View Full Version : anyone want to go in on a order for clams?

Zack S
01/26/2003, 07:15 PM
I am thinking about ordering clams within the next few weeks from like clamsdirct or drmac. If you are let me know by email Zanyzack2@aol.com or if you are selling any let me know..:)

Zack S
02/01/2003, 04:23 PM
BUMP or like coral sellers that also sell clams??

MtnDewMan
02/03/2003, 12:00 AM
Have you gone to Aquarium Concepts to check out their clam selection? They have had some great clams in the past couple of weeks. With shipping, you will be looking at similar prices ... so why not buy local if you find one you like? YOu may want to give that a shot.

Zack S
02/03/2003, 02:26 AM
would never be able to get out there to far for driver:rolleyes: alos I don't want to spen 120 bucks ona 2" clams from saltwater city:rolleyes: hey maybe MtnDewMan I could get one of yours lol

Mushroom Boy
02/05/2003, 02:27 PM
I would second MtnDewMan's recommendation. Take a look at this beauty of a 4" maxima I got from Aquarium Concepts at Christmas time. BTW, it wasn't even close to $120. FWIW...
http://www.thepsas.org/merkling/Prius%20maxima.jpg

Zack S
02/05/2003, 10:56 PM
I did not see that one when I was there verynice, In my post at selling forum may look at his clams

Zack S
02/09/2003, 09:02 PM
like to order in about a week and have gone to saltwatercity and they have nothing so anyone? remember I can order from just about anywhere does not have to be just for clams could be like www.justphish.com where he slls everthing!:D
zanyzack2@aol.com

goldfin
02/10/2003, 02:40 PM
I just sent you an email. I'm looking for someone to go in on a shipment from FFexpress. They have What you see is what you get clams on their Divers Den page. I got a beautiful 4 inch clam there a couple of months ago for $90. If we place an order by Thursday and our combined order exceeds $225, we get free shipping.

shaunmcm
02/10/2003, 04:16 PM
I agree with Mntdew and Shroomboy... Aquarium Concepts has some awesome clams right now. They have all price points. I picked up a 3.5 inch rare Gigas for 60 clams! They have maximas and croceas and are reasonably priced. Furthermore, they give the hightest discount (15%) of all the area retailers. Go check 'em out before ordering blindly over the Net !

:thumbsup:

goldfin
02/10/2003, 05:01 PM
How is ordering on the net "ordering blindly" when you order from the "What you see is what you get pages," where you buy the same animal you're looking at?

shaunmcm
02/10/2003, 09:00 PM
This is obviously my opinion... when it comes to animals I prefer to buy locally. I prefer this for a lot of reasons, including health, economic support, friendships, easier to pick out what you want, etc. This is especially true when a particular store has a high inventory at my time of interest. The retailer in question, AC, has close to 20 clams in stock right now. That's not a bad selection. All I'm trying to do is help my friends at AC and pass information on to you. I haven't looked up a definition of "blindly" and perhaps that word was too strong. Whatever the case, you are certainly welcome to buy your clam wherever or however you want. After all, it's your money.

Zack S
02/10/2003, 11:45 PM
anyone intersted at all look here sell everything
http://www.transfishsupplies.com/
:D :D :D :D

Sweettoothbear
02/11/2003, 05:10 PM
Big fan of Aquarium Concepts also.And for some reason WYSIWYG does not always hold up with on-line purchases.

Not that I haven't bought things on-line,there is just something about walking around a fish store.

I always try to support the locals.I would be lost if I didn't have a store to hang out at.

Without our support we may not have any locals to shop at.And no I don't work for or own a store.