PDA

View Full Version : MY 20H SPS nano pics update!

Lunchbucket
01/22/2003, 05:59 PM
check out my new pics! (http://www.lunchbucket.org/Jan%2022,%202003.htm)

let me know what you think

Lunchbucket

metamorphis
01/22/2003, 08:43 PM
Wow, it's looking good. I always look forward to updates. Not too many people go all out equipment wise on nanos. Very impressive.

Peabody
01/22/2003, 09:35 PM
Nice! I always like seeing your stuff. I'm trying to make a killer little nano too. I have a 15 with a 15 sump. CPR Bakpak2r in the sump. 175 10,000k Ushio, 55 PC actinic, Myreef 2 chamber reactor coming next week. (I'm also eyeing a seaswirl for circulation and perilastic pump for topoff.)

Last week I got 7 frags from Dr. Mac. He had a super deal at the WAMAS meeting with no shipping since he's there :)

Watch out, I'm out to clobber your little tank :cool: (just kidding, man!) In all seriousness, thanks for sharing your info, it really has helped me out!

Lunchbucket
01/22/2003, 11:22 PM
thanks, i LOVE to take pics but if i do it too often it seems like NOTHING grows :D

i don't think i went all out...just needed a LOT of it and wanted most of it. budgeted right and upgraded too many times :(

Peabody - sounds like the beginnings of a sweet little nano! except you won't have the power of a 400watter on there :P LOL it should work great also. yeah, a reactor was a MUST for me. i couldn't keep up w/ the alk/ca w/ bionic...oh well the reactor is awesome and i will NEVER do an SPS tank w/out one.

now i just need a CLAM!!

Lunchbucket

Kites315
01/22/2003, 11:46 PM
No, you dont need a clam now, Now you need to give it to me, j/k, great looking tank like always. Always fun to look at.

Kyle

Peabody
01/23/2003, 10:51 AM
Aha, I have beaten you in some aspect! ;) I Have a 3 inch squamosa with a commensal shrimp inside, and two little baby maxes.

I know what you're saying about the intensity of the 400 watter. But, I got my 175 pendant, ballast, and 2 3 month old bulbs for $100, no shipping. I just couldn't pass it up It was a big step up from my old PCs. :)

I can't wait till my reactor comes, I can't believe how much B-Ionic my frags and clams gobble up!

One of these days I'll post a pic of my little tank. In the mean time, please keep us updated on yours! :)
Take care,
Jeff

Will
01/23/2003, 11:18 AM
Alas, I am the clam winner! Not by far though. I've got a 1.5" gold maxima, a 1.5" yellow squamosa, and a 2.5" BLUE maxima. I'll get some pics up eventually... Ahh, I believe I have found my home on RC-- people who really appreciate the beauty of a nano :) (getting off my tiny soap box).
-Will

Will
01/23/2003, 11:20 AM
And of course, your tank looks awesome! The clown goby/caulastrea picture is really cool! You should submit it to a photo contest.
-Will

Lunchbucket
01/23/2003, 12:56 PM
Peabody - LOL i just have procrastinating getting one. my LFS's around here SUCK so i am very very leary about getting one. also i wanted to make sure my reactor was dialed in right and everything was growing well before getting one. soon enough :D i hear you about the 175...for that deal i would have a 175 on my tank. heck i did about the same as you. i traded my 150w DE aquaspacelight for the 400w socket, ballast, reflector. just had to buy a buld...so for 80bucks i upgraded from 150w DE to a 400w 20k. yeah i couldn't pass that up !!! i COULDN'T keep up w/ the bionic...heck in my 10gal alone i was dosing 60ml of both parts daily and using about .5-.75gal of kalk/day!!!!! and my levels were dropping!!!!!!!!!!! please do get pics i love seeing others tanks :D

fourhand2 - sounds like a clam stocked tank. what are you specs man. get some pics. welcome to the board and i hope you find us friendly, helpful, and insightful

Lunchbucket

Will
01/23/2003, 08:35 PM
Well, I've got a few pics here: http://wetwebfotos.com/Home?actionRequest=userview&userID=925, but most of them are pretty old. I ordered some VHO actinics and a custom hood last week (hehe, i just have a reflector sitting on top of the tank; very shabby!), so I'll get some new pictures up once the VHOs have run for awhile.. They should help with colors, ya know?
-Will

printerdown01
01/25/2003, 03:10 PM
Hey lunch,

Nice work! Awesome equipment! What are you lighting this thing with? Looks like you managed to squeez in a ton of light -very impressive! Also where did you get the parabolics for the PCs?

Lunchbucket
01/25/2003, 10:38 PM
it is lit by a 400w Radium and the dawn dusk is a 9w and 13w 03 PC's. the reflector came w/ one of my hellolights.com orders i believe

Lunchbucket

Cap'nPete
01/29/2003, 04:15 PM
Lunch,
Sweetness as usual! Wanting a SCWD for my 29G. Do you think a MAG7 will be enough for softies or should I get a 9.5 and maybe put four outlets in tank instead of two to disperse the flow?

mantisshrimp
01/29/2003, 04:33 PM
I have a 2" squamosa.

Lunchbucket
01/29/2003, 05:39 PM
Cap'nPete - thanks buddy. i just can't wait for 2yrs of fill in time on the pics :D i think a mag 7 would be fine. go w/ the 9.5 if you want and throttle it back if you have to. if i had a bigger tank i would prolly do 4 outlets. i still might mod it this summer when i have more time for 4 outlets!

Lunchbucket