PDA

View Full Version : Tank Temp 54F !!

Reefist
01/18/2003, 01:19 PM
Well some of you might now I've been doing a major reno on my house so there is alot open.I have no heat in the LR were my main tank is and my sump is in the basement no heat there either.Well last night while I was at my GF's house the circut must have blown as it has maybe 3 times in the past 5 years. So when I came home this morning it was 36F in my sump and 54F. Needless to say I freaked.I turned on the circut and proceeded to put every available heater in my sump and I put a turbokerosene heater in my basement.The temp now is 66F and there is some fish movement but nothing more then peering.I was going to jump off my brand new roof but I decided to try and save what I can.
Tom

MIKE NY
01/18/2003, 10:48 PM
WoW......sorry to hear that, bring the temp up slowly. You don't want to shock anything more than they are already.

I hope everything makes it, keep us posted.
Good Luck
Mike

Glenntessmer
01/18/2003, 10:56 PM
A bout 10 yrs ago I receive a fish order and the water in the box was about 60F. What's good - low temp slows the metabolism, low temp water can have a higher dissolved O2 concentration.
What's bad, raising the temp too fast for the survivers. I think the survivers will do well. Take your time.

billsreef
01/19/2003, 12:00 AM
They can take a chill better than overheating. Just keep a close eye on them for any disease problems as a result of the stress.

Reefist
01/19/2003, 09:39 AM
Thanks for all the responses and oddly enough this morning with the tank at normal temp you would never know the difference. Im sure there are things that I can't see but from the outside is seems I did OK.I'm really trying to meet all you guys but weekends are vital to my construction. But I will.
Thanks
Tom