PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Charlotte Reef Club Meeting

Jon_Hewett_85
01/17/2003, 06:04 PM
I would just like to give everyone a reminder about the Charlotte Reef Club meeting on Saturday at 6PM at Hi-Tide. (Just off south boulevard in pineville) Drop me a line if you have any questions. Bring your frags to trade. Refreshments will be provided.

caver
01/17/2003, 06:19 PM
looking for a little more info on the charlotte area reef club. im intrested just e-mail any info or post here.

john

:fish2:

SeaNemesis
01/17/2003, 07:51 PM
Bump

Jon_Hewett_85
01/17/2003, 11:25 PM
If your interested at all i highly suggest you swing by and check out hte meeting. Do you know where i'm talking about. Give hi-tide a call tomarrow at 704-889-3474 and they can give you directions. We meet around once a month, we try to have a topic of discusiion, we trade frags and so forth. We sometimes frag something up at meetings and members with adequate conditions may take home a piece free of charge. Members also get a 10% discount on dry goods at the store. Let me know if you have any questions.

jon

chavez
01/27/2003, 11:58 PM
Good to know there are some people from Charlotte. Do you have an address I could plug into mapquest for directions. Coming from the University Area - Will attend next meeting

Arch420
11/04/2003, 02:33 PM
I hope this club didnt die out. I live bout 2 min. from Hi-tide. Please E-mail me, I need friends and help in this massive endeavor we call reefing.

Jon_Hewett_85
11/05/2003, 08:11 PM
Nah we're still around...we do meetings about once a month or so. We havn't set a date for the next one yet since we're all gonna be out of town so much here soon but we'll be sure and spread the word when we have a date set.

Arch420
11/06/2003, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the reply Jon. And yes I will be at the next meeting.

reefcrazed
11/06/2003, 12:42 PM
Is it time for another meeting? I have frags to trade (or sell)

Jamesurq
01/14/2004, 02:35 PM
Didn't even know this group existed.... I saw the first post as January 04 - and thought Cool, I'll go to hitide this weekend!

Is there an upcoming event - I don't have a hell of a lot to trade but I'd like to show up anyway.

Malachy
01/18/2004, 10:00 AM
I was wondering if this group is around anymore too.

reefcrazed
01/18/2004, 10:57 AM
I have been to a few meetings in the past. I wonder if they are still do anything myself.

Jon_Hewett_85
01/19/2004, 10:44 PM
Oh we're still around, and planning another meeting probably for early febuary. We'll be sure and post here when the date is decided on and the guys over at hi-tide will be spreading the word as well.

baz
01/31/2004, 10:39 PM
keep us updated

Malachy
05/26/2004, 09:29 PM
Hey, when you guys going to post about the next meeting? I'd like to go if at all possible.

Jon_Hewett_85
05/26/2004, 09:33 PM
All of us invlolve d have been pretty busy here lately but when we schedule one w'll be sending out an email. TO get on the list go to www.hi-tide.net You will get e-mails about when they get in shipments and specials and stuff every once in a while but it's not much. BUt thats the best way to maked sure you get notified since i sometimes forget to post here.

thrlride
06/17/2004, 01:42 PM
Jon, where do I sign up to get on the mailing list on the site?

AquariaUSA
10/07/2004, 07:06 PM
will be working in the next few months to get a formal reef club set up in the Charlotte area, outside of any retailer to avoid bias (we hope!) in order to strengthen the club membership, activity, and vendor relations. For those that are interested...I will not be seeking any officer positions within the club since I am technically in the business. I just want to get the ball rolling :)

dknape
10/11/2004, 11:33 AM
I too am interested and can help get the ball rolling. I am just now moving from Iowa.

Malachy
10/11/2004, 01:22 PM
I'm all for it, let me know what you need and I'll help out all I can. I'd be even willing to host the first meeting at my house if that is OK with everyone else (actually if it is Ok with the wife too).

AquariaUSA
10/11/2004, 03:44 PM
Hi all! I am in the process of moving back to Charlotte now. A good friend of mine that I took with me to Macna in Boston, also just moved to the area. He is a great guy, and in the process of building a nice sized tank out in Lincolnton. I will be building one in Ft.Mill, and looking for a warehouse for my business now. I went ahead and purchased a name to donate to you guys... RASOC.org (Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte) and we can figure out a meeting perhaps in the first few weeks of November? I am usually overbooked running inbetween MD-DC-VA and the Carolinas, but hope to open up more time in the coming months once we settle back into Charlotte. Our house is supposed to be done in December, and once done I don't have any trouble hosting a meeting or two as well. I guess lets just keep this thread alive, and try to formulate a list of members interested, emails, etc. When I get a moment will setup a temp site, with forum for not all use RC. We can try to link both as well. Take care, keep in touch. Thanks, Rich

spencerx15
10/11/2004, 08:22 PM
hey rich-
its spencer from macna. you know i am all for your idea :)

AquariaUSA
10/12/2004, 11:36 AM
Hi Spencer, glad to see you are in!

reefcrazed
10/12/2004, 11:38 AM
What can I do to help?

AquariaUSA
10/12/2004, 11:42 AM
Hi Peter,
Once I get back into Charlotte (just flew back to DC) we can meet up finally (I hope!). I just took 400 gallons of reef to my inlaws house, and will be bringing more next week. Gotta love rubbermaid stock tanks :) Glad to see you on the board! Now to find Hassan to start posting!

robvia
10/15/2004, 11:37 AM
I'm in Rock Hill and interested. Please post when you have a meeting setup.

AquariaUSA
10/15/2004, 11:57 AM
Hi guys,
I guess for all those that are interested, please send me an email (I will start putting a folder together) with your details:

name
location (address if you want me to mail you something)
phone #
tanks currently under care
tanks you want to build

what you like about the Charlotte market (& what you don't like)
what you want to see in a club (& what you don't)
any other details you think are necessary. I will be back in Charlotte next week on business, and will try to start putting together a few ideas.

thanks, Rich
watson@aquariausa.com (please no spam!) hehe

Plato
10/23/2004, 12:46 AM
It would be great for the area to come back to life, this would be perfect. Hey Peter its Brian, glad to know you will be in the boat. I just sent someone a post of you tank, letting them know the level of commitment of the hobbest in Charlotte. The idea of the club being outside of a retail store will attract more people, no burnt bridges to cross. If their is any thing I can do to help please let me know, I can definatly donate my time.

hmoore
10/23/2004, 11:36 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that this much activity has been brewing here! I am glad to see all of the activity regarding a club that is local to everyone here. I am in Denver (Lincoln County) and would love to see something come of this. How long before RASOC is a reality? I've had the pleasure of meeting reefcrazed (Peter), Sabreman001 (Dave), Electric130 (J.R.), Spencerx15 (Spencer), Lee from NCfrag (don't know RC name) and Typhon (Nathan). I already knew AquariaUSA (Rich) from the Maryland club (CMAS). ;O)~

baz
10/24/2004, 09:46 AM
I'm game too! How's that tank coming along hmoore?

I think everyone has just been sitting idle waiting for someone to take the inittative(sp)

Lee

hmoore
10/24/2004, 10:43 AM
The tank is just fine. There is water movement now and it's ready for a few damsels. I stopped over to Dave's yesterday and his tank really looks awesome! He did a wonderful job on the acrylic.

~~~~~~
Hassan

Typhon
10/28/2004, 08:34 AM
Count me in!!!!

Glad to help anyway I can..

baz
11/03/2004, 03:57 PM
Just a post to light the fire again...

hmoore
11/03/2004, 06:19 PM
Maybe we should get together to hammer out some fundamentals. For example,

How many times should we meet (1x/mo. or every other month?)
When? (1st Sat of the month?)
Where would we meet?
Protocol?

It really seems that the initial get together would be enough to get a lot of questions/answers brought to the forefront. My guess is that we could do this forever or just set an initial date and get the ball rolling.

Rich, where are we on the bulletin board?

AquariaUSA
11/03/2004, 10:25 PM
Hi guys,
Inbetween my business, the move/houses, and looking for some space down here...I did purchase some webhosting space to host the IkonBoard :) Once we get the ball rolling a bit more, we can allow a small group of people to help administer the board, name, etc. that I planned to donate to the club. Now to just follow the instructions and get a board up and running. I have not forgotten about you guys, just been extremely busy! I might have some time this weekend to get the board and temp site up and running.

How about we start trying to peg a first meeting date? I know for certain I will be out of the Charlotte area from November 8-12, and again from November 20-24.

I personally think a meeting 1x per month is the best idea. I have been a member of at least 8-9 aquarium societies over the years, and this has always been something that works well. A few clubs put an advertisement in the newspaper a two weekends prior to the meeting which helped to draw more members. I have a copy of a few other clubs bylaws (somewhere in the boxes) as a non-profit, etc.

The sooner the better I would say for the meeting. If a weekend does not work well, why not try a weeknight, say around 8PM? I know this can be tricky too, but with the upcoming holiday season, I am sure weekends will be tough for many. Perhaps someone can start a thread within this one with preferred availability? I know Hassan will say I am best available around 12-5AM :) hehe

I might be able to host something in south Charlotte the next few weeks, but may depend on a few things. Anyone else mind letting 10-30 people run amuck in their house?

First meeting should decide the following:
*hobbyist introductions
*meeting dates
*people willing to run for office
*what you plan to get out of the club (not just frags!)
*ideas people have to help grow the club membership (this is what allows the club to bring in speakers, host events, etc.)
*bring a list of your favorite stores (in charlotte, and the surrounding areas) for they will be paramount to a clubs success (not just one store!).
*what you liked about other clubs you have been to in the past
*volunteer help (web related stuff, graphic design, professional skills {networking} etc.
*library of tanks under our care (from nano to gigantic!) to help new and advanced members make more informed decisions
*who plans to hit MACNA Washington 2005 next September?

ok, just a few of my ideas...feel free to add to the list, but it would be good to keep the meeting under 2 hours tops (meet and greet will take at least 30 minutes)

reefcrazed
11/04/2004, 06:16 PM
I am ready for an effective club. I can host the first meeting at my house if I have a little heads up. Let me know.

baz
11/04/2004, 07:29 PM
Yep lets make this happen and not just talk about it for a couple of months.

AquariaUSA
11/04/2004, 07:32 PM
OK with me :) Peter is first host! Guys come up with a date, and then we can put an ad in the paper if needed (or wait till second meeting).

Should have a forum up by weekend.

baz
11/04/2004, 10:06 PM
Well weekends seems to be the way right now So Pete as your first host how about Sat November 13th? Since it is your house why don't you call the time if your cool with this date.

electric130
11/04/2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by reefcrazed
I am ready for an effective club. I can host the first meeting at my house if I have a little heads up. Let me know. hey man....i'm still waiting on that beer you offered me the first time i came to your house. maybe i'll have to take you up on it this time! :lol:

i'd be willing to help if i can. i'm slowly tearing my tank down before i move next summer, but i still would love to hang out and talk reefs, and see other's tanks. i'll be back in a couple years and hopefully be doing a larger tank then. let me know if i can help.

AquariaUSA
11/05/2004, 12:26 AM
I would have to say let's wait a little bit longer to host the first meeting, perhaps after Thanksgiving? One reason being is with the holiday season coming up fast, may be tough for a lot of people (not yet on this thread) to make it. I know I am planning on heading out to LA on the 13th/14th if DCUnited wins this weekends playoff game...

2004 MLS Cup Championship Final
The Home Depot Center, Carson, CA
Sun, Nov 14, 2004 12:30 PM

Either way, reefers and beer don't always mix (I know I would probably drink most of it anyway!). eheh

Jon_Hewett_85
11/05/2004, 12:34 AM
Having had alot of experiance here I'd like to offer up a few pointers. Any meeting between the week before thanks giving and a week after new years is not going to work out real well. This is just based on my personal experiance trying to organize these functions. Oh and make sure you get help. I did the club we have now on my own ... it's not easy. When you can't get help, and your doin it yourself...that doesn't always work out real well long term.

Vert20
11/05/2004, 01:07 AM
I'm In. Thanx for letting me know Lee.

Can hold meetings here if needed. North Charlotte, University Area

baz
11/05/2004, 06:39 AM
How about the first weekend in December? That gives us about a month to get things a little more organized?

hmoore
11/05/2004, 08:24 AM
Sounds good to me!

electric130
11/05/2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Jon_Hewett_85
Having had alot of experiance here I'd like to offer up a few pointers. Any meeting between the week before thanks giving and a week after new years is not going to work out real well. This is just based on my personal experiance trying to organize these functions. Oh and make sure you get help. I did the club we have now on my own ... it's not easy. When you can't get help, and your doin it yourself...that doesn't always work out real well long term. Jon, you guys still holding them at Hi-Tide? I used to get emails about them, but haven't for awhile.

Typhon
11/05/2004, 09:28 AM
The first weekend in Dec works for me.. Dec 4th or 5th is fine..

AquariaUSA
11/05/2004, 10:19 AM
4th or 5th ok with me :) Evening?

Vert20
11/05/2004, 10:26 AM
Sounds good to me as well.

baz
11/05/2004, 10:46 AM
Well if Pete is holding it at his house I say let him call the time, I'm flexible. Good to see all this activity over here!

reefcrazed
11/05/2004, 10:49 AM
Weekend of December 4-5th works fore me too. Would you prefer the mroning, afternoon or evening on Saturday?

baz
11/05/2004, 11:04 AM
early afternoon works for me.

Typhon
11/05/2004, 11:13 AM
Late morning or early afternoon would be great!!!!

Vert20
11/05/2004, 02:21 PM
Whatever the general concensus is will be fine with me. If it is early enough in the month, I may still have some of the IA products available at that time.

reefcrazed
11/05/2004, 02:47 PM
How about on the 4th at around Noon?

reefcrazed
11/05/2004, 02:47 PM
You can all help me clean my tank and prune some algae.

hmoore
11/05/2004, 10:27 PM
I'll bring the owner (Jeff) and manager (Bobby) of Salty's (in Mooresville) with me if that's alright. Jeff said that he'll give all members of the club a 15% discount on everything in the store. Hey, you never know when you'll need a heater in a pinch. :) They actually seemed pretty stoked about the meeting. Jeff said that I can post an advertisement sheet in his store. I know that Bobby has 3 125G's at his house (so he's also on the hobby end and learning like the rest of us).

AquariaUSA
11/06/2004, 10:25 AM
One thing I feel should be straight from the start is that ALL retailers will be equally represented (whether we like them or not, as long as they have been formally asked to participate). Many of you know that I have been associated with the service and retail side of the business for years, and although we all want great discounts from retailers, and the best stuff when it comes in, the club will only benefit when retailers don't feel that the club is a detriment to their success. So in this regard, Hassan has done a great job talking up the club to Salty's, who can get involvement with Fintastic, Hi-Tide, and the others? Having a great selection of retailer representation at future meetings (whether LFS or online) will make raffles and club membership grow into something more attractive over time for new members.

*3:27AM? Hassan, get some sleep man, we are getting to old to stay up past 10! hehe

electric130
11/06/2004, 06:39 PM
good luck getting Fintastic involved. i used to work there and the owner won't have anything to do with groups like this. it seems he feels frag trading takes away from his bottom line. i guess maybe it does, but still, showing hobbyists you care about them leaves a better impression on them and they're more likely to buy from you.

AquariaUSA
11/07/2004, 12:44 AM
I know Fintastic can be an issue, but one thing I would stress is that the club should not just be about frag trading, selling, buying. That will upset many retailers who don't even stock lps or a lot of salt for that matter. SPS does have its targeted market, but it is a very small portion (although all of us diehards think differently). overtime it would be an incredible feat, if we as hobbyists and retailers migrate the minority of sps/frag sales into the dominant part of the business as in fw. however, retailers like fintastic will never get there unless their consumers speak. some retailers go after beginning hobbyists, while seasoned vets go where the great stuff is to be gotten :) I was originally thinking that the first meeting should be one where we can take about 5-10 mins to formulate a plan to get the lfs and online vendors involved. once the lfs are included (whether by presence, sponsorship, raffles, etc.) then we can consider a limited amount of online retailers (but this usually happens when the club gets over 50+). If you left Fintastic on good terms, perhaps you can speak with Greg about it? Seeing as though he is building a new store (that is going to cost a bit of cash) I would think any business man with an ounce of intelligence would want to be involved with the newest, and soon to be largest aquarium club in Charlotte. But then again perhaps I am wrong :) Anyone that knows him well enough would do the club a world of good asking him to be a part of it (whether by sending some of the 18-19 employees, etc.). I do however, run into plenty of retailers who think that the aquarium club hobbyists are not willing to spend a dime in their store (mainly because they are uneducated on where the hobbyists are spending their money). I know Hassan might be able to let people know about a few stores in DC and Baltimore who thrive off of SPS addicts. If you take a base of 30-40 reefcrazed (sorry peter!) hobbyists...think about the money they spend on a monthly basis (don't just include online sales if they have a good retailer). I know when we worked with 3 societies, we sold on average $2-3K in discounted SPS alone at a meeting. At MACNA, I think we sold $4500 in coral alone (not really sure for we were so freaking tired from the whole trip!) and that was only working out of two tanks.

honestly, I would be very impressed if we as a group can get a great showing from all of the retailers who carry salt in Charlotte.
How we present to the retailers is the only way it will work. Many of them won't come willingly.

JR, by the way, have any idea if Adrian still works there? I have not been there in a few weeks, and last time I just saw Greg (from who I could recognize). hehe

hmoore
11/07/2004, 10:02 AM
I visited "Under Water World" in Lincolnton and I have to say that I was impressed by the health of their stock and the (small) assortment of SPS corals on hand. The polyp extension and color were great on them. They carry a full line of LPS and Softies. As an example of their pricing (which I thought was EXCELLENT for a retailer, there were true (eating) Solomon Island Perculas for like $20 each, the COLONY of baby blue tip acro stag was like $49, another COLONY which looked like A. valida was like $39-49, and there is a perfectly healthy powder blue tang there for $49.

Well, I spoke to the owner regarding the club and she said that it would be hard to set a fixed % to give each member, but she guarantees that if you can find whatever she has anywhere cheaper, she would rather make a dime on it than nothing at all. So, she is more than willing to match the pricing of any of the LFS. She said that if she can beat the online pricing (depending on her cost/shipping/etc) she will. To be honest, it was really worth a look. And since my wife works there, I am sure that I'll get a good look at things on a regular basis.

I also went to Wet Pets in Gastonia. There is a 10-12" show sized Sohal there for $100. And there is a Copper Band Butterfly there (eating very well) for $29. There is an assortment of softies and LPS. There was some recession in a few of the LPS pieces, but all in all I would say that things were alright. I'll call (or go again to see) the owner some time soon to check about club discounts, raffle items, etc. I'll report my findings of course.

electric130
11/07/2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by AquariaUSA
JR, by the way, have any idea if Adrian still works there? I have not been there in a few weeks, and last time I just saw Greg (from who I could recognize). hehe I don't really know. I was in there last week for the first time in many months. i didn't recognize a single person. :eek2:

baz
11/07/2004, 12:51 PM
Well Jon who started this thread way back works at hi-tide or used too he would have some inside scoop on there answer,

thrlride
11/08/2004, 10:28 AM
As far as I know, Jon still works at Hi-Tide though I haven't seen him in a while.

FinsReef
11/08/2004, 10:26 PM
Have whoever is in charge contact me, and I will see what I can do for the club.
Thanks
Brian Edwards
Fins & Critters, Inc
Shelby, NC
finsreef@mindspring.com
www.finsreef.com

Kip
11/10/2004, 11:24 AM
I wanna come! .... to the meeting :)

hmoore
11/10/2004, 01:34 PM
Well, I have talked to the owners of both Scales and Tails in Cornelius and Wet Pets in Gastonia. We have their full support. I believe that they will both attend the first meeting and announce their level of support.

baz
11/10/2004, 06:57 PM
Ok so does this mean Dec 4th 2004 at noon at Pete's house is official?

hmoore
11/10/2004, 07:58 PM
Sounds official to me!

electric130
11/10/2004, 08:00 PM
should we send a message out to the NCFRAG group too? Guess that should be Peter's call since he'll be hosting. Might get more people involved that way.

baz
11/10/2004, 08:23 PM
Yep should be Peter's call there...but also seems like we are trying to get a more local group going outside the NCFRAG to me also... but hell I could'nt tell if it was offical or not so what do I know?

AquariaUSA
11/10/2004, 08:27 PM
If you guys contact NCFrag or send a mass email thru them, please contact Wade first for approval/submission. He has done a lot for starting clubs in NC and has always been a great person to talk with.

electric130
11/10/2004, 08:40 PM
If you guys contact NCFrag or send a mass email thru them, please contact Wade first for approval/submission. He has done a lot for starting clubs in NC and has always been a great person to talk with. They've got MASC now for their meetings. Wade said awhile back that NCFRAG wouldn't have organized meetings anymore (meaning he wouldn't organize them) but we could do them ourselves. If Peter does give the go ahead to announce through NCFRAG, then I can email Wade just to be sure (unless someone else wants to do it.)

reefcrazed
11/11/2004, 08:25 AM
Ok, so we are official then for December 4th at my house at Noon. I will let the boss (my wife) know. What is the best way to get the word out? If every one can chip in like three bucks I can arrange to have drinks (alcohol and non-alcoholic) and finger foods available. Do we want to have a frag swap or just an initial meeting to elect officals, duties and all that great political stuff?

baz
11/11/2004, 08:55 AM
I'm in for $3.... I think a frag swap/sell would be good to. I need to get some things for the tank!

Vert20
11/11/2004, 09:54 AM
Ditto what Baz said...I'm in.

ReefWizard
11/11/2004, 10:19 AM
Hi all. I am a reefer working in Charlotte and living in Fort Mill, SC. I am interested in any good reef club starting up and I am wondering if I can shamelessly impose on you to let me know where the meeting will be. There are 5-6 guys here at work that keep tanks in their cubes that may be interested in coming as well. Thanks, and let me know. My email is:

stephw@microsoft.com.

baz
11/11/2004, 11:43 AM
December 4th at reefcrazed house at noon... I guess PM him for his addy unless you want to post it out on the forum.

Typhon
11/11/2004, 12:29 PM
Count me in!!!

I have been to Peter's place a few times and I am always impressed by his tank!!!

reefcrazed
11/11/2004, 02:49 PM
I NEED HELP AND LOTS OF IT. Next Sunday, November 21st I am planning on moving a 500 gallon starphire glass aquarium into a home in the peninsula. The aquarim is NEW and is still crated. It is in my driveway. I plan on renting a trailer and an industrial forklift to move it. I need AS MANY MEN AS POSSIBLE to move this into this guys 1.5 million dollar home. I am willing to give free frags and buy lunch if you are willing to help!!!!!!!

You gotta see the stand this is going on. it is one of thenicest I have ever seen. It is finished with a product called coral tech. Please Please Please Please Plase help and PM me for the details if i can count on you. I would REALLY apreciate it. I am looking for about 12 guys. I need more friends I guess! He he!

Thanks,
Peter

Kip
11/11/2004, 04:40 PM
if my hand is healed enough by then i can help

(a dog tore it up... its just scrapes and bruises)

baz
11/11/2004, 05:37 PM
Pete,

I sent you a PM

Lee

Lager
11/11/2004, 07:54 PM
I really am glad I checked back to this part of RC..Really interested In a Charlotte reef Club and wondering how the Main reef keeper(wife) and my self can get involved ??Both of us are still pretty new, have a 55 Gal, with LPS and softies and really looking to evolve in the future.Clubs like this do a world of good for everyone including out LFS's..How do I sign up?? Plus,, Reef crazed,, check your Pms for some help on the 21st..

hmoore
11/11/2004, 08:51 PM
Alright Peter, just LMK the meeting time/place.

paul wheeles
11/12/2004, 09:58 PM
Me and my fiance just got our first tank and were thinking about joining a club. It would be most helpful to both of us I think we might be able to learn alot. If you could email me with some info on when and where and other details that would be great. My email is WPAUL281@AOL.com thanks
Paul and Abby

reef_k2d
11/13/2004, 01:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

We are new to the greater Charlotte region via San Francisco, CA. I wanted to RSVP for the meeting - either myself and my husband, or simply me, but regardless, I am looking forward to meeting locals who share the addiction! And, of course, picking your brains! (we are in the process of upgrading our 55 gal. to 235 gal. so, need all of the info. we can get!)

Michele & Kris

andy51289
11/13/2004, 07:11 PM
Any room for a 15 year old kid at this meeting? :D ;)

hmoore
11/13/2004, 09:14 PM
Welcome Michele & Kris! Glad to see that we made your first post!

Andy, there is definitely room. At 15, just stay out of my brown bag... J/K! :lol: :rollface:

~~~~~~~
Hassan

GregBecky
11/13/2004, 09:34 PM
I'm looking forward to Dec. 4. Sent PM to Peter.

reefcrazed
11/13/2004, 09:34 PM
I look forward to seeing everyone on the 4th. I would like all who are coming to RSVP by PM'ing me. If you are bringing anyone, please let me know as well. I will give you my address in a return PM.

reefcrazed
11/13/2004, 09:45 PM
Everyone who is kind enough to help me move that monster tank next weekend, THANKS. Please be at my place at 11am. We will load it onto a trailer and then drive about 1.2 miles to the house and down the grass into the backyard and then unload it and then uncrate it and then carry the sucker about 20 feet into the house through a large opening in the back of the house (where 4 windows will have been removed. We will also need to carry the stand down into the house from the garage, It is a beauty!

reefcrazed
11/16/2004, 03:04 PM
For every one helping me this weekend, if you can, please also bring a friend. I am afraid I am going to need about 15 people.

Vert20
11/16/2004, 04:07 PM
PM or email me some contact info. I will help out with the tank move.

AquariaUSA
11/17/2004, 10:02 AM
Peter, how many PMs do you have so far? I hope to have the site up this week (developer is in Cali, so sometimes tough to connect). I can post directions to the house once the forum comes online. I can also print up flyers to go to the retailers, and prepare an Observer ad announcing the 1st club meeting. Sent you and Hassan a preliminary agenda to get the ball rolling for the first meeting. once you guys take a look at it, lets revise and post for everyone to check out, so the meeting actually helps get the club started versus pigging out, grabbing frags when Peter is not watching, etc. and refusing to leave your house for 5-6 hours. hehe

Glad to see we are getting more than the regular 6-7 Charlotte SPS addicts...this will help the club grow fast!

Anyone have some images they want to go on the site's entry page? Any good cropped photos of fish, corals, etc? I don't plan on the site being some major monster, but a splash/entry page, a forum page, and something about membership. We can just have the member gallery pics inside the forum to make things easy. If you have images you think may look good on the site...email them to me :) Otherwise I will rummage through some files for a few.

watson @ aquariausa . com

Vert20
11/17/2004, 10:06 AM
You are welcome to use any images of mine that are on the reefobession.com site

Kip
11/17/2004, 10:31 AM
I dont claim to be the best photographer in the world... but i will offer up any of the images on my little site as well

Click here for my site (http://www.billsext.com/fishtank.htm)

Teego
11/17/2004, 08:28 PM
Hey all.

Sign me up as well. It certainly appears that there is now a critical mass of people to make this club really worthwhile.

I was a member of the Boston Reefers Society (www.bostonreefers.org) for a few years and watched that club grow into a robust group (50,000 posts on Reef Central).

What made that group work was generosity. I was given tanks, live rock, live sand, corals and tons of advice. I eventaully gave back tanks, corals, lights and tone of advice to newbies and others who needed it.

LFS were a very important part of the club. A good LFS with a knowledgable staff quickly gets a great reputation and before long reef club members would race each other to a LFS during "new SHipment" day to get first pick of corals received. What LFS wouldn't want that.

If a LFS is doing a poor job (bad service, poor care of livestock) they will quickly get the message too.

First thing I would focus on though is communication. This forum doesn't get used enough. The NCfrag group yahoo forum is horrendous from user friendly stand point. A stong forum, a good email list and an internet home is certainly the way to success.......

Some questions:
So what will the Dec. meeting entail?
Introductions, maybe a brain storming session for ideas what the club can offer, electing some people to take charge, defining roles for elected positions, a fire side chat on what the biggest mistakes we have made so far, A frag swap at the end. And make a date for the next meeting tentativley (like the end of January)

And we should start a Frag swap thread here in this forum. People can post their desires, what they have (drygoods too) and start arranging what to bring. I'll go start that thread right now !!!

reefcrazed
11/18/2004, 08:19 AM
We will have an agenda posted here in the next few days. I look forward to talking with and sharing in and organization of like monded folks.

thrlride
11/18/2004, 08:32 AM
What's happening Teego!? Ever put that stand and sump to use?

Teego
11/18/2004, 09:23 AM
Hey Ryan !!

The stand is still in the garage waiting for a tank to come along (which appers to be in Austin Tx). The sump is now going to be a nano in the corner of the living room as soon as lights are are secured.......

thrlride
11/18/2004, 09:31 AM
:thumbsup: cool

Teego
11/18/2004, 09:19 PM
Hey Peter,

How many RSVPs do you have so far for Dec. 4th?

And is 3 bucks enough to cover food costs? (serving uncooked potatoes dug up from the ground is a nice cheap alternative, us washing it down with RODI waste water)

I was thinking about going and getting some sticky name tags. There should be enough of us that are strangers to warrant such a thing and to keep track of real names, RC nick names, NCfrag group nicknames etc....... Let me know.

baz
11/18/2004, 09:33 PM
hi my name is Lee and I'm a fragaholic!!

reefcrazed
11/18/2004, 10:11 PM
Hi Lee! Right now we are expecting a little over 20 people. Name tag would be good. Yeah I think a few bucks each is fine. I will cover the overage for hospitality, no prob.

Lager
11/19/2004, 09:55 PM
Myself,, Im pretty darn excited about this new Club,, Gives me a chance to put faces on some names, ive Talked to and heard from on here..

reefcrazed
11/19/2004, 09:58 PM
Yeah I am hoping this is going to be a good club. I am now expecting more than 20 people. I know I am willing to do what it takes to make it effective. I woulde really LOVE to host MACNA in 2006!

Lager
11/19/2004, 10:01 PM
Teego..Good to see the female gene coming in and helping orginize things..Name tags would be great,, Beats me standing there, beer in my hand sayin,," Hah, Mah name is Lager, Dayumm his Shrimp look good enuf to eat,, dont dey??"

baz
11/19/2004, 10:26 PM
Yeah I am hoping this is going to be a good club.

Me too man!

electric130
11/20/2004, 09:33 AM
hey Peter, I was about to send out an invitation on NC Frag. You said you wanted to keep it "local" and I didn't know what you're definition of "local" was. should we put a time or travel distance limit on it? how do you want to determine it?

reefcrazed
11/20/2004, 10:47 AM
People who will be ACTIVE and come to many meetings, not just the frag trades. We need support for this to work.

reefcrazed
11/20/2004, 10:48 AM
FOR THOSE OF YOU HAVE HAVE BEEN SO KIND AND AGREED TO HELP ME TOMORROW MOVE THAT MONSTER TANK, RAIN OR SHINE PLEASE BE AT MY HOUSE BY 11AM. YOU MAY CALL ME ON MY CELL AT 704-287-4674 IF YOU NEED ME FOR ANY REASON. I WILL BE OUT OF TOWN UNTIL TOMORROW MORNING. I HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE TIOMORROW MORNING!!!!

electric130
11/20/2004, 07:38 PM
People who will be ACTIVE and come to many meetings, not just the frag trades. We need support for this to work. should I not even mention the frag trading part?

Teego
11/20/2004, 10:16 PM
Opps I just invited everyone in the carolina coast reefers club forum.

Well if they travel 3 hours for a meeting all the power to em.

Got name tags.

And the bored housewife tag is a bit of a misnomer..........

K gonna go pump iron so i can lift a 500 gallon tank over my head tomorrow.........

baz
11/20/2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by electric130
should I not even mention the frag trading part?

JR,

I wouldn't then it would see where there main intrest are.

But thats my humble opinion!
Baz

reefcrazed
11/20/2004, 11:25 PM
I would agree with BAZ. I like frags, but I think this is more important to get a good group of reefers who will be committed and support the "local" club.

Broodingwolf
11/20/2004, 11:52 PM
I don't know much about clubs, what else would you plan on doing besides frag swaps? I'm in Chapel Hill, so I don't know how often I'd get to go out to Charlotte, but I'm defintely interested!

Broodingwolf
11/21/2004, 02:04 AM
Here's some graphics I whipped up, if you don't like em, well they can be placeholders until you get something you prefer :)

http://www.jahnkekong.com/charlotte/charlotte_reef_enter.jpg

http://www.jahnkekong.com/charlotte/charlotte_reef_forums.jpg

http://www.jahnkekong.com/charlotte/charlotte_reef_membership.jpg

Vert20
11/21/2004, 09:07 AM
There is an awful lot of Hair Algae in that first one :D

Maybe I can reshoot it now that it has been cleaned up a little!
Other wise, I like them!

electric130
11/21/2004, 09:38 AM
I would agree with BAZ. I like frags, but I think this is more important to get a good group of reefers who will be committed and support the "local" club. okay, so no frag swap. what else should i mention in the announcement?

Vert20
11/21/2004, 09:46 AM
okay, so no frag swap. what else should i mention in the announcement?

$3.00 cover charge :D
RSVP Required
Check ego's at the door.

Anything else?

electric130
11/21/2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Vert20
$3.00 cover charge :D
RSVP Required
Check ego's at the door.

Anything else? sounds like an invitation to a martini party!:lol:

Broodingwolf
11/21/2004, 12:28 PM
Yeah I liked the angle on it but not the hair algae so much. Still it was a nice shot I thought.

So besides frag swaps what all would you be doing at meetings? I'm still interested in that answer :)

paul wheeles
11/21/2004, 09:37 PM
When do I need to RSVP by. I might have something I have to do on the 4th. But I will not know for sure until about the 1st. Would that be to late???
THANKS
Paul

Teego
11/21/2004, 09:50 PM
Paul, we will put you on the tentatively coming list.

Peter, please make a Tentatively coming list.

Broodingwolf, Things that we might do along with trading include.....

Having discussions about what to talk about
Telling horror stories about carring 1200 pound fish tanks over concrete hot tubs.
Discuss methods and failures in maintaing Ca/Alk.
Have an annual auction
Have raffles to raise funds.
Using funds to bring in speakers (Borneman, Calfo and other such wiggly fellows)
developing excuses to drink
developing feasibility study to see if we could to a MACNA hosting
coordinate group orders
distributing group order stuff

Teego
11/21/2004, 09:53 PM
Oh and DIY workshops.

reefcrazed
11/21/2004, 10:01 PM
I just wanted to give a BIG THANKS to all who helped moving that monster tank today. I truly appreciate the kindness you have all expressed. This will be another tank that I will be collecting frags from in the coming years. I hope you all had at least a little fun while working with me today! See you all again on the 4th! have a grreat Turkey Day!

robster
11/23/2004, 11:25 AM
Can someone tell me what the date of the meeting is, what the address and directions are and who to RSVP to?

reefcrazed
11/23/2004, 11:26 AM
It is Saturday December 4th at noon. PM me for my address and to RSVP. We hope you will be a part of this new club.

AquariaUSA
11/23/2004, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone! I am so glad you guys took hold of the new club idea and that we are showing an awesome turnout on the boards! I promise by the meeting we will have a brand spanking new forum separate from RC at www.RASOC.org (Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte). We will be donating the first year costs to the club, so no worries :)

Having talked briefly with Hassan and Peter on the phone a few times...this is the agenda I have been trying to formulate to keep the meeting within a reasonable time frame. Once we figure out who is willing to kick in some extra hours for the first six months, we can start modifying the agendas, club directions, elect actual leaders (non-retail or service oriented), and build the best club in the Southeast!

Tentative Agenda for the inagural meeting @ Peter's House :)

I. Introductions
A. Why this club? What are we trying to do? How will it work?
B. Member introductions: It's not the size of the tank that
matters, it's how you work on it! Although I hear Peter has
an awesome tank! Who are you? Why did you come? How
did you get into this addictive hobby? What would you like
to achieve as a club? *someone needs to take notes!*

II. Membership Direction (for the club to succeed!)
A. Membership Dues...$25-$35 per individual/family/business.
B. Sponsorships (as the club grows this will further growth)
$100 per month banner ads on our site for retailers?
Quarterly Retail Store Visits, outside of normal club
meetings?
C. Auctions at meetings (frags, products, etc. from
vendors/hobbyists)
D. Fundraisers (rarely done, but great way to raise funds!)
E. Volunteer Work (this shows the club is worthwhile to the
community, which in turn helps gain sponsorships, etc.)

III. Club Goals (we need these, or we might RTN)
A. Speakers. We can start small, and work our way up. I have
a few ideas for the first few months of speakers. As the
club gains funds in the coffers, we can start flying in
speakers and put them up in a nice hotel (not the dollar
rate motel if we want to be known as a good club to speak
at). *I will volunteer my time to help get the boards,
speakers, and membership going.
B. MACNA 2006? I threw this out to a few people over the
past month, and looks like there is some interest. We will
need to form a small group to look at this (who has gone
to a MACNA, who knows NC legal issues with non-profits,
who knows about large meeting insurance, any event
planners out there? It is possible, but this is a serious
undertaking that requires the club to have a lot of funds
and planning prior to bidding, etc.
C. Retailer Involvement. Not just the one everyone likes to
shop at, but how do we get all of the area retailers
involved? Although report cards are a wonderful idea, we
should wait on this for at least a year. In the beginning,
getting the retailers trust and meeting prescence is the
key. Let us be the only club that has 5-8 retailers in
attendance at meetings, and willing to sponsor the club
over time. It can be done, but egos need to be left at the
door on both the hobbyist and retailer sides. Everyone is
trying to work hard, although some people do things
differently, and no retailer is perfect. Standard club
discount across the board at all retailers should take
precedence over haggling for prices, or "lowest price in
town." Retailers will get more involved if we buy more from
them :)

IV. Club Direction & Running for the Board!
A. President & VP positions. We will need two dedicated
volunteers to steer this club through the first six months.
You don't have to be popular, you don't have to be the
best reefer in the area, but you do have to be able to
befriend everyone (personality helps a little here) :) To
keep the playing field even, these two positions should be
RESERVED ONLY FOR HOBBYISTS. It is not in the best
interest of an inclusive club to elect a Pres or a VP that has
an monetary interest in a retail shop, PT or FT service
company, or online store...so you must be a hobbyist who
spends money versus selling products, livestock, or
services.
B. Treasurer Position. You need to be willing to donate at
least a few thousand per month to the club fund. All
kidding aside, we need someone that is good with money
and recordkeeping for this glamorous position. Once the
club starts making money (7-8 years from now?) we will
need to look at investing the money to grow it. MACNA is a
great way to drive revenue/non-profit donations, but it
costs a ton to do the show right. I personally would like to
see us host MACNA in Founders Hall :)
C. Membership Director/Liason. We need someone that again
is a people person, and willing to go the extra mile to help
the club break 100 members per year (as an obtainable
goal). The key is to getting member retention above the
norm, and to make meetings more appealing than the 5-6
beer drinkers talking about the same old rare coral they
used to have. The club in addition can not be all
about "frag trades" if it is to attract and retain members of
all levels of the hobby.
D. Retail Coordinator. This is a crucial position to making the
club grow in membership and sponsorship involvement
(what helps pay for a MACNA, etc.). Position should be
unbiased (involvement with FT/PT company), but will take a
lot of cold calling work to get those who first shun the idea
of being involved with the club. Every retailer has a way in
to getting involved, this position will just have to figure it
out :)
E. Web gurus/addicts. We will need a lot of qualified info to
be posted on the new forums. Not the "I had one of those
5-6 years ago, it was easy!" We need people who are
willing to scour the net, books, etc. for well thought out
information to post on the boards and to lead Newbie, DIY,
and Advanced Topics. Every club has ego trips with advice
and members (I know I have run into plenty!) but the key
is to provide quantitative information to those asking for
help. If you only have experience with a few systems,
please, please disclose that when giving advice. I have
worked with more than a few hundred systems easy the
past 12 years, but I know I don't know everything out
there so I just try to offer up the best qualitative advice I
can. One out of every five newbs becomes and expert in
less than a year from reading everything they can. The
other four might think they are experts after reading one
post :) In this regard I am not sure if having titles per
member post is a good or bad idea. References to authors
is the easiest way if you are unsure about an answer.

V. Meeting Direction.
A. Future Topics (membership ideas, DIY, Speakers)
B. Frag Trades (soft, LPS, SPS, algaes)
C. Meeting location (in the beginning at member homes, but
we should find a central location in Charlotte to meet for
reasonable rates. Schools, churches, business locations?
D. Store visits! Planned retail outings once every 3-4 months?
Retailer will be able to gain a captive audience, and
perhaps offer members special sales? For those retailers
who are unsure if they can do well at this event, we will
help you obtain the requests of members prior to the
event, and even offer advice if it is needed to obtain, keep
the species.
E. Keeping time. Anyone that knows me (or read this) can see
that time is not my best feature. Keeping time will help keep
the membership awake and coming back for more. Meetings
should not last longer than 1-3 hours unless they are
deemed all day seminars.

Thanks for your attention, looking forward to meeting everyone!

*Peter can you post names of those who plan to attend, or have sent RSVP?

*Also, I will have flyers ready to go out to the retailers next week. I will be printing up some high gloss stuff, so best to meet up with me to distribute them to retailers.

reefcrazed
11/23/2004, 12:33 PM
The following have RSVP's to me:

Badlord777
ReefWizard
Baz
Lager plus wife
Robster
Typhon plus one
Hmoore
Teego
AquariaUSA
GregBecky plus one
Vert20
Kip
Reefcrazed
PaulWheeles and Fiance
Scales and Tails (?)
Wet Pets (?)
Reef_k2d plus one maybe
Thlride

If your name is not here and it should be, please let me know. If your name is here and it should NOT be, please let me know that as well. Do we know of any other retialers planning on attending the first meeting?

AquariaUSA
11/23/2004, 02:07 PM
Peter, most likely will be 4 of us (me, wife, Rene and his son, Mark)

Teego
11/23/2004, 03:33 PM
Wow AquariaUSA,

That is one excellent comprehensive summary.

There are a lot of good worthwhile goals in there and planty of topics to discuss over the first few meetings.

I am friends with the guys in Boston who hosted MACNA this year. It almost tore the club apart in the weeks leading up to and during the event. So they have learned much about such a process and we can learn from their mistakes. The fallout resulted in an almost complete retiring of all of the board members right afterwards and plenty of bad blood. So we have lots of baby steps before we get there....

Ok time to go check out RASOC.

AquariaUSA
11/23/2004, 03:45 PM
Teego...check out their boards if you would like a vendor's first point of view from MACNA Boston :) Hassan just looked at me like "uh oh!" your booth is in a tent? All in all the event turned out to be one to remember with and without all the drama. If we were asked to do it again, I would, as long as we were inside! Joe Scanlan is a good guy, and he now has a pretty sweet frag tank! Penman was a pleasure to meet, as well as the other 40-50 B-Reefers we met during the event.

WAMAS is going to host 2005 in DC, and they are a first class organization (some of whom I learned a few organizational things from).

RASOC site is still a behind the scenes thing, should be live in a few days, if not before the meeting.

baz
11/23/2004, 05:34 PM
Reefcrazed,

I was in scails and tails yesterday and asked him about if he was going to the meeting. He said he had not heard of anything?? I told him to jump on here to get the latest. I know some had said they had talked to them before? Maybe another visit would help?

Baz

reefcrazed
11/23/2004, 05:40 PM
Interesting....Hasaan, did you talk to those guys?

hmoore
11/23/2004, 06:41 PM
I went to the store and actually met/talked to Doug at Scales and Tails in Cornelius, Jeff and Bobby at Saltys in Mooresville, as well as the owners at Underwater World in Lincolnton, and Mike (?) at Wet Pets in Gastonia. I will give a follow up call tomorrow and give them directions. I finally got a fix on Pete's location to give them directions.

I also went to see Greg (?) at Fintastics and Tommy at HiTide. It was a Tuesday (?) and Greg wasn't there and HiTide was closed. This market is a good means away and I have not been back yet to try and get those guys again. I really like to meet people face to face if I can initially.

Rich is correct regarding BRS. Several of the guys were a blast to be around. Joe Scavo actually helped us pack the few corals there that we did not sell.

On another note, I have a couple of speakers that I am sure that I can get here personally. James (acrylics here on RC) at Envision Acrlyics could possibly do a DIY type seminar at a meeting. I told him that I'd put him in a Motel6 and provide the roaches and he laughed hysterically. J/K! I talk to him pretty regularly via phone/e-mail and he is receptive to the idea. James is an awesome guy. He pretty much hung out with me and Rich at MACNA Boston the entire time.

Another guy that I am sure that Rich or me could get down here is Joe Yaiullo (justjoe here on RC). I also talk to him occassionally. If any of you ever have a chance to see the 20,000G REEF tank in Riverhead, NY by all means it is worth every effort and dime. He took me and Rich (and our Mrs.) behind every exhibit as there really is a lot more to that place than meets the eye. We spent all day with him and after we were there, he approached me at MACNA and knowing my love for tangs had the audacity to tell me that he threw 5 more Sohal tangs in his tank (he had one when we were there that I was gawking over).

I have also met and attempt to retain relationships with several others in the industry (Doug at Deltec - skimmer nerd, 1diverdown on RC; Leo at Marine Technical Concepts - skimmer guy, known for the ProCal Calcium Reactor; Matthew Boyd at Boyd Enterprises - Chemi clean, Chemipure, Vitachem; and others).

An excellent point was brought up regarding MACNA. By all means, we should make a concerted attempt to go to next year's event. To really understand the magnitude of it all, you have to be there. I may help the WAMAS guys next year as a volunteer in some capacity. Several of their members are also members of CMAS (Chesapeake Marine Aquarium Society) in which I am still active on the message board (not a paid member there as I knew that I was moving by the time that I found out about the club).

AquariaUSA
11/24/2004, 03:06 AM
I spelled Joe's name wrong :( I knew all those sleepless hours would do something to my memory!

And for an extended club trip, I would not mind heading up to Riverhead for a third time! As Hassan mentioned, Joe Y loves to do what people say can't be done. I would be interested to find out if those tangs are still in the tank though. hehe
Perhaps at one of the future meetings, we can get a presentation together for you guys? I have 5-6 digital vids and a few hundred pics, as does Hassan.

*you reminded me...have to touch base with James! I need a palm pilot :)

thrlride
11/24/2004, 03:33 PM
reefcrazed, you have me RSVP's, I'm not 100% sure I can be there though I am trying.

Ryan

1diverdown
11/24/2004, 04:02 PM
I have also met and attempt to retain relationships with several others in the industry (Doug at Deltec - skimmer nerd, 1diverdown on RC;

oh no! have i reached 'nerd' status?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

hmoore
11/24/2004, 09:44 PM
Doug, hey man how'd you find me? Of course you know that I am kidding you! We all know your status around here! Maybe we will be able to get you here in Charlotte to give us a talking to one day. And you can bring R2D2 along with you. I would love to have a show and tell on that puppy. We have a lot of rather large systems around here! I would love to have a skim off here. Maybe we can see if R2D2 can shut down a few of the skimmers in the area. :) :)

1diverdown
11/24/2004, 10:00 PM
i just did a search on 'Deltec' and your thread came up. geez was i surprised! :D

to be completely honest, i didn't realize i had a status. i sure hope it's a good one.

i would love to come down there and check things out. if there is a high-end retailer in the area that wants to become a Deltec dealer and bring me down, i'll demo everthing personally ;) as for R2D2, it's hooked up to do my lawn, wash my clothes, balance my check book, and get me free cable. don't know if i can part with that! and you know i love the idea of a skim-off. let's make it a pay per view event in Charlotte.

keep me posted
Doug

hmoore
11/24/2004, 10:07 PM
Hey man, today's my birthday! I have about 700 gallons of water and room for a Deltec!

;)

1diverdown
11/24/2004, 10:12 PM
whoa! what an amazing coincidence....i have an AP1003 skimmer w/self-cleaning head with your name all over it. shoot me over a CC# and it'll be the best b-day present you can imagine:D

happy birthday!
Doug

hmoore
11/24/2004, 10:54 PM
Hey Doug man you're killing me! It will be really interesting to gauge the growth of this club in the coming years as I think that we really have a wonderful group to get things kicked off in the right direction. Just give us a little time and we'll all have needle wheel skimmers coming out of our ears. Thanks for the B-day wishes (and thank you Rich for kicking off the B-day cheers on CMAS).

Well, I just want to wish all of the guys and gals in our wonderful *new* club a Happy Thanksgiving! I know that I have been blessed tremendously and have a lot to be thankful for in these trying times. I just pray that we are all held safe this holiday season. And try not to eat too much! Besides, tomorrow kicks off the level of guilt we'll all feel come New Year's when we are all trying to make resolutions and are joining gyms. So, to all of those that I have met and will meet (and eventually work with) in the coming week or so, I bid a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

http://www.kenpelusophotography.com/galleries/upload_files/thksgivn.gif

Hassan

Teego
11/25/2004, 08:51 AM
Happy thanksgiving also !!!

And remember to add a bit of cranberry sauce to your sump to create that nice holiday touch.

(From Martha Stewart's Tips for home aqauatics)

reefcrazed
11/25/2004, 09:17 AM
Don't deprive your fish of any leftovers either! :)

AquariaUSA
11/25/2004, 01:12 PM
This isn't the holiday where we take out and stuff our largest fish for dinner?

OOPS!

baz
11/27/2004, 12:40 AM
1 more week!

Broodingwolf
11/27/2004, 12:57 PM
Really wish I could come out to this, but my work just let us know we'd be pulling 60 hour work weeks from this point on. Bummer. Maybe the next one :)

dgasmd
11/27/2004, 03:41 PM
I should have known there was something with Hassan and Rich brewing under the surface when there was a small amount of silence in the air LOL......................

I am glad to see you guys have taken the same initiative as I did to start a club in your area. I have to tell you it is a lot of work, but it should pay off in the future. I hope we can stay in touch so we can discuss some of the things involved in getting these clubs off the ground. At least we can bounce ideas off each other, especially off Hassan's hips since they are kind of girly LOL...................

I just hope your wives don't make fun of you like mine did and call you "a one man club" LOL..............

hmoore
11/27/2004, 05:00 PM
LOL!

Alberto, there were troopers willing to rock before we even got here. I am just glad to be a part of this thing from its inception. Of course, there is always room for more knowledge on my part.

Vert20
11/28/2004, 11:46 AM
I may have missed it, but has there been a time for the Dec 4 meeting set up yet?

THanx

baz
11/28/2004, 12:25 PM
noon

Dav
11/28/2004, 03:55 PM
Vert20,
I plan to be at the meet, I want to get some Algae from you
while I am there. I felt sure you would bring some but just in case,
I would like a bottle.
Dav

Dav
11/28/2004, 05:11 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone who will be at this meet has any red macro algae they could give up. Looking for some for my seahorse tank. I can gladly bring another type of macro or buy it maybe even a trade of some kind.
Thanks
Dav

AquariaUSA
11/29/2004, 10:20 AM
Dav...Will try to grab you some if I visit my warehouse in Baltimore before the meeting...I believe I still have some of the red grape, red feather, etc. in a tank. What species of seahorses are you keeping, how long?

reefcrazed
11/29/2004, 10:30 AM
I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. If you plan on trading frags, you may want to arrive a little early, say 11:15 or so. We will begin at NOON and follow the agenda as close as possible. Take care!

Dav
11/29/2004, 11:29 AM
AquariaUSA,
I am keeping H.Redi (Brazilian seahorses - Yellow) They are doing well and I have had them for a while (Male over a year and Female about 8 months). I have had them breeding for most of that time. Just changed the tank about two weeks ago and He is already pregnant again. They breed alot , I have babies about every 15-16 days. Now just trying to keep some alive.
As for the Macro.. that would be great. I would love both kinds.
I was hoping the colors would prevoke them to morph the color of yellow. The new tank has a MH so I will keep some more colorful stuff in it. I thought Red and Green (the color of the macros) would be the easiest colors for them to change into.
This is going to be a long week, waiting for the meet......
Dav

AquariaUSA
11/29/2004, 11:45 AM
good to hear the tank has halides...for all of mine do :)

baz
11/29/2004, 12:44 PM
Double reminder... after the meeting we will be holding a grass cutting ceromony over my house, please bring lawnmowers and weedeaters and gas!

Baz

reefcrazed
11/29/2004, 09:05 PM
Ok, I need some opinions, Pizza or Subs for the meet?

Vert20
11/29/2004, 09:10 PM
I would vote Subs...for those low fat diet folks.

ReefWizard
11/29/2004, 09:14 PM
I guess it is politically incorrect to suggest fishsticks?!... :)

baz
11/29/2004, 09:19 PM
I'm with the majority.... Pizza would be easier though IMO

Baz

Kip
11/29/2004, 10:01 PM
ribeye and lobster tail?

AquariaUSA
11/29/2004, 10:03 PM
Peter, you could really get things going with asking everyone to recommend the pizza or sub vendor :) I eat both, so no matter to me!

* We could just pick out some of Hassan's new fish...don't you southern folks like to fishfry? :)

hmoore
11/29/2004, 10:17 PM
LOL! Yeah right Rich! Maybe if these fish only cost a buck or so per pound!

Peter, I think that the Sohal is about ready for the barbi. :D

AquariaUSA
11/29/2004, 10:48 PM
You could always get that new job to pay for the fishies! (Tell Laurie I said that one :) Finish that doctorate man so you can teach, and hopefully coach those Lincolnton soccer teams...

hehe

Broodingwolf
11/30/2004, 01:17 PM
Woot, the 60 hour work week has been cut back to 50 hours, so I may be able to make it after all! Put me down as a tenative yes!

reefcrazed
11/30/2004, 01:20 PM
Sweet!

thrlride
11/30/2004, 01:32 PM
What are the particulars of the meet? (sorry, I'm lazy, don't want to search the thread...)
Saturday, Dec 4th.

What Time?
How Long do they normally last?
Cost?
Do you 'have' to bring frags...

I've never participated in something like this.

reefcrazed
11/30/2004, 01:34 PM
Noon
about 4 hours
3.00 but we will vote on dues
Do not have to but is preferred. You may be able to buy some if you want.

Broodingwolf
11/30/2004, 08:42 PM
anyone remember about how long it is to drive to charlotte from the durham area? I can't remember, I'm trying to schedule my day :)

reefcrazed
11/30/2004, 08:42 PM
about 2 hours.

Vert20
11/30/2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Broodingwolf
anyone remember about how long it is to drive to charlotte from the durham area? I can't remember, I'm trying to schedule my day :)

You might want to get the address from Pete and mapquest it. It will give you door to door milage and time. He is north of Charlotte so you won't have to come all the way into Charlotte.

apologies if you knew this already

baz
11/30/2004, 09:01 PM
I know from Cornelius to Cary or exit 289 is right at 2.5 hours and that is going a little over the speed limit... I am unable to do it any faster =(

Baz

Teego
11/30/2004, 09:47 PM
Only 25 days till Xmas,

but screw that only 4 days till Reef Club meeting.

Nothing like 3 or more people gathered around a little baggy of water and rock ooooooohing and ahhhhing.

I wish I had a cycled tank to buy some frags from folks.

robvia
12/01/2004, 01:19 PM
I would like to attend the meeting the 4th. Not sure how to RSVP or what to do to get on the list the get directions. I am in Rock Hill. My wife and possibly a friend would like to come. My email is rvia100@yahoo.com. Please let me know what I need to do.
Thanks,
Rob

baz
12/01/2004, 01:25 PM
Rob,

PM reefcrazed for info

reefcrazed
12/01/2004, 01:34 PM
Sent robvia and email with info.

gwainrig
12/01/2004, 08:17 PM
I have pm'd reefcrazed for directions from wilkesboro. I am planning on attending. Bring plenty of frags, i need many!!

Greg

reefcrazed
12/02/2004, 10:49 AM
If everyone who told me they were coming actiually shows, we will have upwards of 30 people attending the first OFFICIAL Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte! I look forward to meeting a lot of people and seeing a lot of folks I have had the great opportunity to lightly befriend as part of this amazing and intriguing, yet sometimes challenging and frustrating hobby we call REEFING!

I am GUNG HO for Saturday just like the silly rabbit is coo coo for Cocoa Puffs or is that Trixx? Man I must be getting old!

Jamesurq
12/02/2004, 10:54 AM
Pete - I might be able to make it. I'll bring a 12 pack or something to make up for my late notification.

Tank isn't ready for frags yet - but I figure there's no reason I can't come up and harass you all.

reefcrazed
12/02/2004, 10:57 AM
12 Pack for me? That'll work....me into a coma!

Kip
12/02/2004, 11:15 AM
James... are you gonna get pete drunk and take advantage of his.....

tank!!!! .... :)

Vert20
12/02/2004, 11:18 AM
Does anyone think there will be a need for photo documentation of this meeting? I can bring my camera if need be.

baz
12/02/2004, 11:23 AM
30 folks thats great! Pete wait until you start singing the blue clues songs or even better Dora the darn explorer then you will know you have stepped over....

So the 48 hour countdown begins....

Baz

AquariaUSA
12/02/2004, 10:40 PM
You guys have really done a lot to build the excitement the past month. web lacky is allegedly putting the forum up today on our hosting account (temporary until we collect dues to pay for mega hosting {which we will need to pics and threads} which will also have email for those that need one, etc. I have not seen it, so I hope its ok (temporary)...once the club is up and running we can make changes....

I was planning on leaving DC late Friday night, but am doing what I can to head down late afternoon, for believe it or not I am actually excited about our first "reef dork" meeting. hehe

I am really glad you guys have jumped on this opportunity to make a great and enduring club in Charlotte!!!

robvia
12/03/2004, 10:13 AM
We are starting at 12, but is there an agenda? Expected time frame? Anything like that? What if someone can't make it at 12:00, but more like 1:00. Thanks for any info.

Vert20
12/03/2004, 11:12 AM
The proposed agenda is on page 6 of this thread...also I think ReefCrazed asked that frag traders arrive early (11 am) as to not interfere with the agenda timing too much...

Correct me if I am wrong

Vert20
12/03/2004, 11:13 AM
BTW...I think the RASOC.org site is working now, I think I was the first one to register! Woooohoooooo!:D

electric130
12/03/2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Vert20
BTW...I think the RASOC.org site is working now, I think I was the first one to register! Woooohoooooo!:D i couldn't register cause the security code wouldn't show up. who's in charge of the site?

hmoore
12/03/2004, 12:08 PM
JR, you may have to relax the security of your browser to get the code to come up. If you go to tools, internet options, privacy, and then accept all cookies you should be able to register onto the site. After you register, you can up the level of security again.

electric130
12/03/2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by hmoore
JR, you may have to relax the security of your browser to get the code to come up. If you go to tools, internet options, privacy, and then accept all cookies you should be able to register onto the site. After you register, you can up the level of security again. i'll have to wait till i get home. i'm on the computers at UNCC and they won't let me mess with that.

AquariaUSA
12/03/2004, 02:01 PM
Hi guys,
I know the cookie security issue seems like a problem, but I have known a few other forums to get hacked a lot due to some things that can easily be changed on the admin side. We wanted the basic security code thing for you to create a username, but you do have to relax the cookies. This site is also temporarily running off my company hosting account as well...so please just accept all cookies (this traces your IP) to sign up. If it becomes a problem later on, we can look at other ways to make some changes.

reefcrazed
12/03/2004, 02:19 PM
When a reply is emailed to me and I click the link to take me to ther thread, I get an error saying the page I am trying to view is either not available.....

Sabreman0001
12/03/2004, 10:23 PM
I'm there as long as Peter doesn;t want to move anymore tanks!!! just kidding....Look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!

FinsReef
12/06/2004, 10:51 PM
So how was the first meeting? I hope everything was a go, and we are on our way to legit Reef Club in Charlotte.
I had personal obligations and could not make the meeting, So someone please fill me in.
Thanks,
Brian

Dav
12/07/2004, 07:13 AM
The meeting went great and Hassan (Hmoore) and Rich (Aquariausa) and Peter (reefcrazed) have already got up a site or a forum other than this one. go to www.rasoc.org
You may need to login and register before it will let you post but looks like we have alot of traffic already.
Dav

baz
01/13/2005, 06:42 PM
Next meeting Jan22nd at 2pm check www.rasoc.org under reefers lounge then possible 2nd meeting location... or something to that effect....

Baz

Teego
01/14/2005, 12:36 PM
If for some reason you can not log into www.rasoc.org, send a pm to Rich (Aquariausa) and he will email ya the directions and details etc.

electric130
01/14/2005, 07:07 PM
can't make it. i got a nitro RC race that day. for future reference, more advance notice would be better.

baz
01/14/2005, 08:23 PM
can't make it. i got a nitro RC race that day. for future reference, more advance notice would be better.

Its every third Sat of the month time and location to be determined

robster
01/18/2005, 07:18 PM
I can't get into RASOC.org can someone please post the directions or at least the address? What time is it at?

baz
01/18/2005, 07:30 PM
its a 2pm...you should have had a email from AquariaUSA with directions... PM him for info...

robster
01/18/2005, 07:44 PM
No Email. I will send him one.

AquariaUSA
01/18/2005, 10:56 PM
Rob,
Your email "didnotlistforprivacy"@carolina.rr.com was sent with the others on the 14th. Perhaps you deleted it, or it was caught as spam? I will reply to your email with a copy of the one sent last week. Email me exactly the message you get when you try to login and it will not let you in. I just logged in using your name from the previous pass reset we did. At the next meeting, let's try to see if you are able to login on one of the pcs here or at Gregs. I can't duplicate what you are getting if I don't know what steps/error messages you are getting. Please send details. Thanks :0

AquariaUSA
01/18/2005, 11:30 PM
New members....if you join the board and have issues logging in, etc. please send me a PM or email so we can look at the account. Please DO NOT create duplicate logins for this will cause issues with your machine and the "auto login" feature. Thanks :)

Homebrew
01/19/2005, 01:03 PM
Hopefully we won't have snow on Saturday, January 22!

Anyone who didn't get directions and want to come to the RASOC meeting, please PM me and I'll send directions and info.

This is the 2nd meeting for the club and this one is being held on the NC/SC border just off I-77.

Greg

Homebrew
03/14/2005, 01:02 PM
Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte

Meeting Notice

Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 2PM

Check "Club Notes" forum on www.rasoc.org for directions. Whether you have a reef or fish only aquarium, everyone is welcome.

wright1d
03/19/2005, 09:11 AM
I'm trying to figure out where I would like to come by but the website seems to be down?

electric130
03/19/2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by wright1d
I'm trying to figure out where I would like to come by but the website seems to be down?

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=553085

Homebrew
04/11/2005, 09:23 PM
This month's meeting is April 16, 2005 at 2PM. Check the Club Notes forum on www.rasoc.org for location and directions. PM me if you have any questions or need more info.

Greg

wmam
04/22/2005, 09:43 PM
Jon_Hewett_85,

Sorry to see your thread took over by others for their own agenda. I see where Hi-Tide here in Charlotte will be starting a new club when they make their move to the new location. Anyone interested can go to their website at http://www.hi-tide.net/hi-tide/community/home.html for more info. Thanks Jon for all the info.

Homebrew
04/23/2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by wmam
Jon_Hewett_85,

Sorry to see your thread took over by others for their own agenda. I see where Hi-Tide here in Charlotte will be starting a new club when they make their move to the new location. Anyone interested can go to their website at http://www.hi-tide.net/hi-tide/community/home.html for more info. Thanks Jon for all the info.

LOL... that's funny. Do you know Jon, Will? He doesn't work at Hi-Tide anymore. The Hi-Tide reef club stopped meeting many many months before RASOC was formed to fill the void. They met irregularly in 2003 and once in Feb 2004 and then never since. Look at the posts in 2003 on page 1, when this thread died. And then check page 2, where Jon offers insight into meetings for the new club.

I'll see you at the opening of the new Hi-Tide. They are down the street from me.

Funny stuff, Will.

Greg

AquariaUSA
04/23/2005, 11:22 AM
Greg, I wonder how long it will take some people to learn....

You try to create an inclusive club (for everyone involved whether they be online members from various sites, local hobbyists, local fish stores, online companies, and local companies) and you always have one that thinks someone is out to get them or that there is some conspiracy theory behind it all. Oh well, see you at the next meeting and online :) I will be sure to tell new members that a few of us are looking to take over the world with their help :)

Happy reefing, remember in the end it is what we enjoy, not what we don't enjoy dealing with that makes this hobby great!

wmam
04/23/2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Homebrew
LOL... that's funny. Do you know Jon, Will?

My wife and I had the pleasure to meet Jon at Hi-tide where he was very accommodating in helping us.

He doesn't work at Hi-Tide anymore.

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood him when he said that he still helped out there.

The Hi-Tide reef club stopped meeting many many months before RASOC was formed to fill the void. They met irregularly in 2003 and once in Feb 2004 and then never since. Look at the posts in 2003 on page 1, when this thread died. And then check page 2, where Jon offers insight into meetings for the new club.

I don't claim to know about the club at Hi-Tide. I only thought it sad that one would take over a thread started by another to promote there own agenda without doing so on their own thread as would have been the appropriate thing to do.

I'll see you at the opening of the new Hi-Tide. They are down the street from me.

Funny stuff, Will.

Greg

Glad you enjoyed it.

Homebrew
04/23/2005, 12:18 PM
Will,

You get funnier every day. ;) This is a sticky for the Charlotte Reef Club forum. The "agenda" is the Charlotte Reef Club. If you start a new club, let me know and then we can request separate forums on RC. Then you can finally be happy? :)

Yes, all the guys at Hi-Tide are helpful and accomodating.

Happy reefing,
Greg

thrlride
04/23/2005, 03:39 PM
Not defending anyone but I think Will is referring to using the old hi-tide thread as opposed to starting a whole new thread for a totally different club.

Homebrew
04/23/2005, 05:05 PM
Oh, I realize what he referred to, Ryan. ;) My point was that it's the sticky thread for the forum, which is for the active Charlotte reef club. Read all 9 pages from everyone including Jon and it makes more sense. If it makes anyone happy, I can have the RC mods "unstick" it, so posting to it would no longer be necessary. However, one specific person would be unhappy regardless of what is or is not done due to an unrelated circumstance. So, post on my good friends...

wmam
04/23/2005, 06:32 PM
Funny how I did read through this thread and still it looks to me that it was commandeered by the creator of RASOC. Not to beat a dead horse, mind you, because we can all see the FACTS. Here’s a taste of the past.

Although I cannot speak for Jon I can only assume that Jon started this thread and may have asked that it be put up as a sticky for the club at Hi-Tide.

Hence the title “Reminder: Charlotte Reef Club Meeting� not “Reminder: RASOC Club Meeting�

All of us invlolve d have been pretty busy here lately but when we schedule one w'll be sending out an email. TO get on the list go to www.hi-tide.net You will get e-mails about when they get in shipments and specials and stuff every once in a while but it's not much. BUt thats the best way to maked sure you get notified since i sometimes forget to post here.

Then out of the blue………………….

will be working in the next few months to get a formal reef club set up in the Charlotte area, outside of any retailer to avoid bias (we hope!) in order to strengthen the club membership, activity, and vendor relations. For those that are interested...I will not be seeking any officer positions within the club since I am technically in the business. I just want to get the ball rolling :)

Now being the very nice person that Jon is I can see him offering his suggestions to try and help.

Having had alot of experiance here I'd like to offer up a few pointers. Any meeting between the week before thanks giving and a week after new years is not going to work out real well. This is just based on my personal experiance trying to organize these functions. Oh and make sure you get help. I did the club we have now on my own ... it's not easy. When you can't get help, and your doin it yourself...that doesn't always work out real well long term.

There was no reply to his suggestions other than one who was interested in the meetings of the club that Jon started this whole thread about.

Jon, you guys still holding them at Hi-Tide? I used to get emails about them, but haven't for awhile.

Again I cannot speak for Jon but if I was to find myself in such a situation I wouldn’t want to post on that thread ever again and I see that he hasn’t but again I cannot speak for him and I am sure that he really doesn’t want to be in the middle of this childish game that some from RASOC want to play.

Anyone can have a thread be a sticky if it has merit to be one and they ask the RC Mod’s to do so I believe.

Some sure can’t seem to stand for facts and truth to be published. They have to jump to the challenge to persecute and make pop shots at the messenger.

For any of the RC Mod’s that may be viewing this, I hope that my post have not stepped over the boundaries here. If so just say the word and I will back off but I for one only was stating how sorry I was to Jon who first started this thread and then I was attacked. I am not complaining mind you. I have come to expect that from certain individuals who shall remain nameless. I find it rather amusing that officials of a so-called club would stoop so low as to blindly attack one in such a way.

Being that it seems that RASOC was born here on this thread, which I am sure was not the intention of the starter of said thread, I would, and can, only make a suggestion that all post relating to RASOC be removed from this thread and be placed into a Sticky thread of their own entitled “The Grand History of RASOC� or maybe “The Grand Conception of RASOC� or better yet “The Grand Authorized Version of the Conception and History of RASOC�
:)

wmam
04/23/2005, 07:03 PM
Greg, I wonder how long it will take some people to learn....

You try to create an inclusive club (for everyone involved whether they be online members from various sites, local hobbyists, local fish stores, online companies, and local companies) and you always have one that thinks someone is out to get them or that there is some conspiracy theory behind it all. Oh well, see you at the next meeting and online :) I will be sure to tell new members that a few of us are looking to take over the world with their help :)

Happy reefing, remember in the end it is what we enjoy, not what we don't enjoy dealing with that makes this hobby great!

Hey.............. no one has said that your intentions, if so, were not righteous but rather the way you went about it. To take over the way you did, this, the thread that someone else started for a club totally different than the one you created was just wrong and you know it. The appropriate thing to have done would have been to start your own thread under a different title instead of piggy backing on to someone else’s established thread. Was that your intention all along to do such a thing because it was established with a reader base already to further your vision of RASOC? If so, even though understandable, still wrong. Just wrong.

A wise old soul once told me that “One accuses to excuse.� Don’t excuse this wrong. Admit it and move on. I do believe that Jon is owed an apology though for doing such a thing to his thread.

MrSandman
04/23/2005, 09:53 PM
[flamealert]

wmam
04/23/2005, 10:08 PM
Thank you Mr. Sandman

Homebrew
04/24/2005, 10:08 AM
Very much appreciated Sandman. :thumbsup:

Greg

wmam
04/24/2005, 12:56 PM
Now it is said that the reef club at Hi-tide will be started back up on their new website at http://www.hi-tide.net/hi-tide/community/home.html

It also talks about their new move to a bigger and better location and it's after that move in the next few weeks is when I understand that the reef club will be re-started.

There is a place where you can click to be put on the mailing list to be made aware of all the news.

Homebrew
04/24/2005, 01:53 PM
For those interested, Hi-Tide has some great deals on some of the used equipment as they break down their old location and clean out the back room. I picked up a 40w UV with 2 new bulbs for $60! It needed a good cleaning, but the bulbs alone were a great deal. They are moving directly across the street from their current location, so it's great that they are staying in the area.

Greg

wmam
04/24/2005, 02:23 PM
That sounds great................ Now when they get their club up and running with the new store it will be fabulous.:celeb2:

thrlride
04/24/2005, 06:56 PM
I wish they were moving closer to me, there isn't anything out this way...

wmam
04/24/2005, 08:15 PM
And here I thought there was a new coral place opening up just down from the speedway????????? :)

baz
04/24/2005, 08:38 PM
well with 485 right near you surely thats not but a 30 min ride? when 485 opens up here in Huntersville its going to be great I can shave off 30 mins to anywhere either concord or gastonia!

wmam
04/24/2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by baz
well with 485 right near you surely thats not but a 30 min ride? when 485 opens up here in Huntersville its going to be great I can shave off 30 mins to anywhere either concord or gastonia!

Key word children "When". :)

baz
04/24/2005, 08:56 PM
there not to far off..... about another year... you south end guys do not realize how spoiled you are we still have to fight 77 traffic

wmam
04/24/2005, 09:06 PM
Well thats what they say but I will believe it when I see it...... As long as it took just to open the southwest side and now they say about a year to open the northwest side. Hey o.k. and whatever....... Your right about fighting the 77 traffic that is why I chose to live north 16. I have many choices as to how to make it into town.

thrlride
04/24/2005, 11:17 PM
It's 40 miles from Fintastic to hwy 49. Taking 485 goes pretty far out of the way to get there. Taking 85 to 77 is quicker for me.

thrlride
04/24/2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by wmam
And here I thought there was a new coral place opening up just down from the speedway????????? :)

True, but I think his store is mostly internet shoppers. I don't know if you can just drive up and get stuff.

wmam
04/25/2005, 05:38 PM
So you don't think the owner would help out a neighbor in need. I think he would. Just have to wait to see the store up and running.

thrlride
04/25/2005, 07:42 PM
No doubt, but that might not be his business intentions.

wmam
04/26/2005, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't know but it was just a thought. How far is green dales from you?

Agu
04/26/2005, 09:09 PM
Will,

You have a PM, I suggest you read it asap.

:) ,

Agu

thrlride
04/26/2005, 10:37 PM
Greendales is about 30 minutes from me. Have you been there?

robster
04/27/2005, 05:18 PM
What is the address & phone number to Greendales? Do the carry SW fish & Coral?

Homebrew
04/27/2005, 05:34 PM
Rob - this thread is so far off topic, I posted your answer on a new thread: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=581804

HTH,
Greg

thrlride
04/27/2005, 05:55 PM
Greg,

Clear your PM box

Homebrew
04/27/2005, 06:39 PM
Ooops, sorry... clear now.

Greg

Homebrew
05/09/2005, 09:36 PM
The next RASOC meeting is scheduled for 5/21/05. Location and directions are posted on www.rasoc.org in the Club Notes forum.

Greg

Homebrew
07/12/2005, 06:33 PM
For those in the Charlotte area, the next meeting is this Saturday (3rd Saturday as always), July 16. Check out www.rasoc.org for details.

Greg