PDA

View Full Version : 55g tank for sale in Dallas (and RO/DI unit)

ssyba1
01/17/2003, 08:58 AM
hi guys. i took down my tank last year b/c of a new baby and change in priorities. It is still sitting in my garage, any interest? Am i asking too much?

1) 55gal glass tank (no hood), newly refinished wood stand (stained brown w/slight tint of red) $125 - can deliver in dallas area (lots of misc stuff that I will throw in, small power heads, carbon)

2) 3 stage 100gpd R/O filter with an extra cylinder for a DI filter (i.e. it is a 4 stage housing with 3 stages active right now). Filter was used for about 7 months for top off and water changes for a 55gal tank. I will also throw in a TDS meter (not for individual sale). $100 plus actual shipping charge
can send pictures...

charley75
01/17/2003, 07:30 PM
What kind is it? I'm currently setting up my 1st tank so I really don't know much about these things.
Charley

ssyba1
01/17/2003, 09:42 PM
It is a Reefpure unit but I think that company changed names or went out of business. I think these companies that sell them basically all use the same parts to make the filters, they just buy it in bulk, assemble them, and mark them up. It looks very similar to this: http://www.aquariumwaterfilters.com...racudawhite.jpg

You assumption: "… this is an RO/DI device by nature, but you are currently just using the RO portion and that there is no DI membrane in the DI cylinger, right?" is exactly correct. From the picture in the link I just send you the left cylinder doesn't have a fliter, just water…
To replace all of the filters [and add a DI] in it would cost:
Sediment: $4.50 Chlorine: $8.99 DI: $18.50 RO(100GPD): $79.00 = $111 total plus $100 that I am asking for = $211, so I think I am asking a fair price (new ones cose $250). Plus I don’t think that the RO filter on my unit is used up.
According to this, you should replace the sediment and chlorine, but the RO should last another 1-2 years. http://www.aquariumwaterfilters.com...ry/ROFilter.pdf