PDA

View Full Version : Free Calcium Reactors & Skimmers 4 LVMAS Sponsors & List Members?

LVMAS
01/14/2003, 11:54 PM
Hello Group,

Here is my thought, I have some high end plans for a Calcium Reactor and skimmers I'm open to seing others as well). Is there anyone on this list that is in possession of, can get their hands on, or get donated to the LVMAS group sheets of plexiglass?

If we can get our grubby little hands on some plexiglass sheets, I would like to have a class and have enough materials on have for all in attendance to make themselve a skimmer or a Calcium Reactor to take home with them.

Everybody learns something. Everybody goes home with something. Everyone can save several hundred dollars. I am not talking about making low end equiptment. A few of us can precut the product after people decide what they need everybody glues!

Well, kick it around and get back to me-
Howard

noni
03/11/2003, 06:44 PM
Hey Howard, I have some of that stuff and have the saw to cut it.

LVMAS
03/13/2003, 11:31 PM
George!

That is still something I want pursue. That would be great . Id like to help people (well those who want to be helped) and do this at one of the meetings. Building reactors and skimmers and such...

I just having a lot of trouble getting participation from people.
I'd be greatful for any help you can spare...

noni
03/14/2003, 01:18 AM
I have worked with Acrylic for a while and can pre cut the pieces so all you have to do is glue them in the meeting and the glue adheres in minutes. we can make a few of them and if more people are interested, we can make more the next meeting.
what do you think?

LVMAS
03/14/2003, 09:14 PM
Hey!

I just need to get more involvement from others thats all.

TippyToeX
03/14/2003, 10:28 PM
Howard-
How much does Plexiglass sheets cost? I asked because it has been told to me that this material is plentiful here (earthquake needs, many tanks made of plexi). I might be able to find it locally for much cheaper then what is available in Vegas.
Just a thought. :)

noni
03/14/2003, 10:33 PM
I think a 4x8 sheet of quarter inch cast acrylic is abut 80 bucks.

TippyToeX
03/14/2003, 10:46 PM
Thanks Noni :) I will go out and do some comparison shopping.

noni
03/14/2003, 10:51 PM
There is a cheaper kind of acrylic called MCM or extruded. It is a softer acrylic and can work on this project. I think its 20 bucks cheaper per sheet.

LVMAS
03/26/2003, 01:49 AM
Hi

Cheers me up a little to see other people at leased talking about it.

We could make some of these things in my garage on a weekend if the 2 of you want to get to gether with me.

Think about it.

HH

LVMAS
03/26/2003, 01:50 AM
Let me know how much my third is...

noni
03/26/2003, 11:49 AM
For now, we have three people including yourself Howard.
Tippy will be in the moving and settling process but we hope you can make it tippy.

TippyToeX
03/26/2003, 07:52 PM
:) Well the moving van comes Firday and I will be in my new rental Wednesday night. Woohoo!

What dates are we talking? I want to make it if at all possible. I did some shopping and found little to no difference in price for the sheets here in Ca. :( Sorry to report that.
No matter, I am willing to pay what is needed. Just have pitty eh? I am DIY dumb. :D

fitzpatrick
03/28/2003, 10:12 AM
Well Id love to partake,But I felt so all alone.more people ? Or is it personal.I Emailed you.Gave you my number,e mailed you aggen.In fact 3 times.Now you need people?Howard Ive herd nothing but Great things about you.Ive seen some of your work,things youve done for people.What I dont understand is why You ignored me.Is this personal?If so PLEASE Post it here.Thank you. George,Not the shrimp guy.

fitzpatrick
03/28/2003, 06:05 PM
Hay, this arternoon Ive decided that its not worth it.Ive got my own people an cuttin out a few too.the game ant worth it.Im a strait up person.If I dont meet your standerds then oh well.

noni
03/28/2003, 06:48 PM
Hey Fitz, you know you are always welcome in my home.
Try out the club, its a good place with a variety of people.
You know how I am about who I hang around with, so I wouldn't belong to a place that was not good. I recomend the club to you as another source of information, trade and entertainment among many other values.
Thanks,
George

fitzpatrick
03/28/2003, 07:49 PM
its simple,Im out.I ant playing this.Things are strait up or thay dont exist with me.I ant surporting any one or thing that plays like this.I was being pulled into something.-Regarding the club,I contacted this guy about 2 weeks back,cell given too.No response, no respect,WHY? I seen this guy once an olny for less then a minnet. I emailed him with my cell said call me Id like to join your club.Man Im going to keep doing what Ive allways did,Its simpler Just how I like things.I dont need all this fancy an complacated stuff.

LVMAS
03/28/2003, 10:04 PM
Mr. Fitzpatrick,

Good evening to you.

I really think it may have been your condecending emails and I'll leave it at that.

I hope this helps,
HH

fitzpatrick
03/28/2003, 10:33 PM
Post them here.Let the people decide who is condencending.I hope this will be the end.Im not looking for the war,But I ant Runing.

LVMAS
03/29/2003, 12:39 AM
Mr. fitzpatrick,

Thank you, but I would rather not have any further communication with you.

Have a nice evening
HH

fitzpatrick
03/29/2003, 09:37 AM
I said something earlyer,3 post aggo.As for my veary frist post here or anyware in this fish world.Thers all kinds here,an were Not all going to get along.Iwill disagree,My e mails to you are not what is the proublem.Way back- My post about the bristle worms is,An this is fine.Im not going to Force any issue here. Ive got my people. Let this rest peacefuly Here.

fitzpatrick
04/01/2003, 11:54 AM
George, Ive got no proublem with You or your product.Sorry I was so long geting back with this.In fact youve been a Good friend an a Great help.

noni
04/01/2003, 01:11 PM
hey dude, No problems here. I thank you for your response.
You know how I am, If you need anything I have, please feel free to call on me.
thanks,
george.