PDA

View Full Version : January and February Meetings

Stuart
01/13/2003, 05:47 PM
I hope everyone had a good holiday season and got lots of new stuff for their aquariums. Our house received a new baby on xmas. It was a very cool unassisted homebirth and everyone is healthy and happy.

The frag exchange at Chris' last month went great. Everyone went home with something new. We should make this a yearly frag exchange and holiday party.

One new business item is that we are changing our meeting dates to the last weekend of the month (Saturday or Sunday, depending upon the hosts preference) and the location will rotate. Meetings will normally be held at member's homes but we'll have the opportunity to invade other territories (i.e. this Feb). I'm also very pleased to announce a significant increased interest in the club over the last couple of months. I've recently added eight names to the mailing list.

This month we'll be meeting at Brian house in St. Augustine.
Chris, also from St. Aug., will show us how he grows greenwater.
We'll meet on January 25 from 2:00 to 5:00 and Brian's house.

The February meeting will be held on Saturday, February 22 at Gray's house in Pierson. He owns and operates a small coral farm
and has graciously offered to give us a tour. He grows mostly stony corals, deals a few other inverts (snails, clams, hermits, etc), and some supplements. We'll meet from 2:00 until around 5:00. He's about 90 miles south of Jacksonville but I'm sure everyone will enjoy seeing and hearing about his setup and he'll be glad to take a few $$s off your hands.

Stuart

bmkindig
12/26/2003, 06:56 PM
hi sorry but i gotta get more info.
hi i'm in pa,
my mom and dad live in jacksonville and i can't get my frags to them unless we go to them of they come up here.i've been to several frag swaps and they fill my tank up nicely and i'd like to hook them up with some info on local frag swaps.is this forum part of a club?i belong to ncparswhich is deicated to frag swaps and teaching our kids about the hobby we have setup a tank in 1 of the local schools and will be setting up other tanks in the future once the club gets going better.
thanks
brad

Popsy
01/19/2004, 06:54 PM
Hi,
Brand new to Reef Central and would appreciate any info available

jaisec
02/02/2004, 01:01 AM
Stuart,

Hi how are you? Would you mind if a friend and I joined you for your February meeting? We live in Gainesville, let me know if it's ok and any info about it would be much appreciated.

Email me at

jaisec@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Jaison