PDA

View Full Version : Well I have one, ya want it?

lancef
01/26/2001, 07:28 AM
I definitely have a small Mantis, dull gray body with white banded head and tail. Came to my tank with a huge piece of Fiji rock. I was cycling the tank and he popped out of a hole in the rock, quick as a flie thru the air he(?) swam to the tank and looked right at me, could have caught him with a net but was too interested in how he followed my movement, when he had enough he swam back with a flip straight into his hole from which I see the occasional plume of ejecta now.

That was a month ago.

It's a 75 gallon mixed reef and I no longer see him but I have been losing shrimps and hermits at an alarming rate. If I do catch him does anyone want this specimen?

Lance

minnreefer
01/26/2001, 09:54 AM
I would be interested but I think that shipping would be to much of a pain and I don't know what kind he is, if you catch him put him in a bucket or something and let me know. If there is someone close to you give it to them.

lancef
01/26/2001, 10:15 AM
Well I am in Indianapolis and I noone I have talked to here wants him. I will find an id on him but I think he of the small basher type. Not particularly colorful but unusual.

I'll let you know if I catch him.

Lance

msjn771
01/02/2002, 08:56 PM
I would love to take him off you hands if you still have him, feel free to email me at msjn771@cs.com

lancef
01/03/2002, 06:57 AM
If I catch him I will give him to you but I have not seen him in a while, still no positive id without sending a picture, the last time I saw him was in august, he was still around 2", charcoal gray with a whie band on head and tail.

I visit friends in Madison WS so I might even be able to deliver him...if I see him again.

Lance

msjn771
01/03/2002, 04:36 PM
Thanks I hope you find him