PDA

View Full Version : What are these bugs?

ReefHog
01/25/2001, 07:31 PM
Is there a place to identify the various bugs in our aquariums? I have identified several but there are two I have not been able to.

In addition to the typical coepods, potato bugs, small shrimps, etc are the following:

The bulk of my bugs are about 1/2 inch and smaller. They look like tiny tadpoles with legs and cruse all over the rock and sand franticly. You can see their big eyes also.....at least I think they are eyes.

Second is a translucent white skinny worm. About as thick as a toothpick and two inches long. It squiggles around the tank at night usually verticaly. I have only seen a few of these.

Thanks for any help identifing these.

rshimek
01/25/2001, 10:15 PM
Hi Art,

Sorry, but from those descriptions, I simply can't get there from here.

If you can post some images of them or, alternatively, collect some and mail them to me, I will be glad to put a name on 'em for you.

ReefHog
01/26/2001, 02:45 AM
Ron,

Thanks for the reply. I really should get the fish hooks out of my pocket and buy a digital camera. Or at least a scanner. The pics on my website are 10 months old. I'll see what I can do.

jimhobbs
01/26/2001, 11:23 AM
CLICK HERE and see if any of these look right (http://www.mov.vic.gov.au/crust/amphigal.html) :)

rshimek
01/26/2001, 12:20 PM
Jim,

Thanks, I appreciate your efforts.

:D