PDA

View Full Version : setting up a 10 gal

Mr. 6
01/07/2003, 09:15 PM
hey guys, i'm finally in tampa and my dorms only allow a 10 gal so i guess thats what im puting up. So, i was thinking whether or not I should just put my LR in, or put sand in too. I like the way the sand looks, but there isn't alot of room, and it blows all over with the power head cause the tank is so small. What do you guys think?

ANy other suggestions on fish/coral/anything else would be nice.

firstkill
01/08/2003, 03:22 AM
i added larger sand in my 10 gallon... just enough to show a little above the plastic rim on the tank. It there for looks only... but with pure live rock thats fine also... i just dont think it looks as nice... but cleaning is a lot easier :)

perhaps you can point the power head so it pushs in the long direction instead of front to back...

~fk

Im Lon 2
01/08/2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Mr. 6
hey guys, i'm finally in tampa and my dorms only allow a 10 gal so i guess thats what im puting up. So, i was thinking whether or not I should just put my LR in, or put sand in too. I like the way the sand looks, but there isn't alot of room, and it blows all over with the power head cause the tank is so small. What do you guys think?

ANy other suggestions on fish/coral/anything else would be nice.

FWIW - I would go with Sand IMO it looks better. And about 15-20lbs live rock. as far as your power head blowing the sand around... what size power head do you have. I have a 10gal too and just put a very small power head in mine. It turns 65 gph and is adjustable to about 20 gph. and it works real well. The pump was from Aquaglobe and is called the Micro Fountain Pump- F-65 Hope this helps

For the Suggestions on Coral What type are you looking into? I have Button's and Star Polyps, Mushrooms, Candy Cane, Torch Coral, Bubble Coral and Pulsating Xenia out growing the tank.

I would suggest looking at some of the Members pics in this nano section. They really really have some nice tanks some of them look just amazing, with all types of coral/fish.

Just out of Curiosity what kind of lighting are you going with I have been Looking to upgrade but at the same time trying to put things together for my 55gal