PDA

View Full Version : What's the cause of the little bubbles on sand?

mantisss
01/25/2001, 05:13 PM
sir,
what's behind the little air bubbles on the sand and rocks they always show up during my halide lighting cycle.Also you replied to me about not using liquid invert food,but you like Dt's(spell?)is this considered liquid food,i believe any phytoplankton i buy on store shelf is actually a dead accumilation of phyto cells how do they (Dt's) keep them alive in the bottle .How does one obtain Dt's ,thanks for the help.

rshimek
01/25/2001, 09:41 PM
Hi Mantiss...

Originally posted by mantisss
what's behind the little air bubbles on the sand and rocks they always show up during my halide lighting cycle.

They are bubbles of oxygen produced by algae as a byproduct of photosynthesis.

Also you replied to me about not using liquid invert food,but you like Dt's(spell?)is this considered liquid food,i believe any phytoplankton i buy on store shelf is actually a dead accumilation of phyto cells how do they (Dt's) keep them alive in the bottle.

DT's Phytoplankton is a concentrated filtrate of algal cultures and consists of live phytoplanktion. It is not considered to be a liquid food, rather it is live cells in a liquid medium. The cells will live fine in the bottles for several weeks to months if they are kept refrigerated. So they should be purchased from vendors that keep them refrigerated.

How does one obtain Dt's ,thanks for the help.

Do a web search on "DT's Phytoplankton." You should find several mail order vendors. Some LFS's also carry it.

mantisss
01/25/2001, 09:52 PM
excellent thank you sir.is it not incredible that a light living animal can go on up to 4 weeks with no light.thanks

[Edited by mantisss on 01-25-2001 at 09:02 PM]