PDA

View Full Version : New to the group / Southdown availability?

seadawg_1977
01/06/2003, 11:52 PM
Hey everybody!
I saw a local presence on here and thought it was high time I finally posted. I have been lurking around for years now it seems and am getting ready to finally start a reef system of my own as soon as I get into my new house. (No more apartments!).
I live in Baldwin Co., down near the beach. I am a former employee and current customer of Amazon's River in Foley, so I imagine I have met a few of you in person before. I don't have a tank set up yet, but I thought I would just post and say hi.

On a side note, has anyone tried to get southdown shipped down to south AL before? I have a connection in the Daphne HD that I'm going to try, but if not, I might make the trip to FL with a pick up to get some for myself from the source.

Anyway, good to finally be on here.

David

rscotth
01/07/2003, 05:16 AM
Welcome! There will be a pallet here soon. For more information refer to the link below.
Southdown (http://www.reefaquariumguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24001)

What kind of reef are you setting up? What is your setup like?

Scott

Legion
01/07/2003, 06:21 AM
Welcome To RC & The Alabama Reefers RC Forum.

I stopped by Amazon's this past thanksgiving while on vacation down at Gulf S., I usually go in there everytime im in that area.

edsiajb
01/07/2003, 08:24 AM
seadawg_1977,
Welcome! There are a number of reefers in your area. Ya'll should start a South Alabama/Mobile/Gulf Coast chapter. We are keeping the Birmingham group informal and just helping each other out.

I can envision a state-wide frag swap in the future!

rscotth
01/07/2003, 01:40 PM
I like the idea of a Gulf Coast chapter. I know of a few people that might be interested from Mobile and Pensacola. I am mainly a SPS frag farmer now, but I have a few soft and LPS that I can frag. It would be cool to get a few people together and see some tanks in person.

Scott

reeferaddict
01/12/2003, 03:26 AM
Rscotth-
Will the pallet your getting be available for pick up in mobile ony?

rscotth
01/12/2003, 11:00 AM
Yes, the person who actually has it doesn't want to ship it. She picked it up yesterday though and I am sure she still has quite a few bags for sale. $10 for a 40 lb. bag is quite a deal too.

Scott