PDA

View Full Version : jan SEASL Meeting, any one for a sand swap?

drewber
01/06/2003, 10:37 PM
i recently switched from a crushed coral bed to a DSB, i have received some sand from a friend to seed the rock with. I was wondering if any one would be intersted in swapping some sand for my DSB, with some of the crushed coral that i have moved to my refugium. the crushed coral is a year old, and has some good lfe in it. just let me know how much i should bring. And this will be my first meeting. Hope to see you all there

drew

griss
01/07/2003, 09:20 AM
Drew,

I am not really interested in the CC, but you are welcome to a cup of sand from my tank. I am not sure if I will make the meeting, but I live close to scott (bigred) maybe he can bring the sand to the meeting if I cannot make it.

George

drewber
01/07/2003, 11:18 AM
well i dont know what to say besides thanks. Wish i had something to offer in return but i dont really even have much in my tank now. so if you ever need computer help let me know. nanook told me you were a nice guy just last week =-) he gave me sand and a bunch of other stuff too. Didnt realize how nice all the reffers are

drew

TooFar2Sea
01/07/2003, 12:45 PM
Drew,
Welcome to St Louis Reefkeeping!!! Nanook & Griss are great examples of local saltwater enthusiasts, knowledgable, helpful, and generous with both information and frags,sand,etc. You will meet more Saturday at the meeting. As your tank matures and your corals grow you will also have a chance to share with others.

griss
01/09/2003, 10:12 AM
Drew,

I just got done exchanging PMs with Scott. He will stop by my house on his way to the meeting and pick up a cup of sand for you.

If I can get them I will throw in some Bristleworms and Pods as well.

George