PDA

View Full Version : Marc Weiss substitute

jpsx3
01/06/2003, 12:55 PM
Tien has had me using Coral Vital since my tank was set up since last spring. I have heard however it is like putting sugar in my tank. If I recall it was Brad who had made some comment about it.

What do I need to be using instead?

BTW Jonathan told me Brad had a very scientific set up with alot of meters & gadgets. I vote for a meeting there even if from what I heard we will mainly see pods.

edsiajb
01/06/2003, 09:52 PM
There is a ton of advice against long term use of apple juice concentrate (Coral Vital) in reef tanks. I don't use anything even similar. I dose TechCB A & B, Strontium, and rarely use Tech I and Iron for the caulerpa. I do have Kent Coral Vite but don't dose it more that once every 90 days or so.

Regarding Brad, he does have a lot of cool gadgets and pods. If you want to see some critters that you havn't seen before, go to Brad's.

Brad Gardner
01/10/2003, 10:27 AM
I'd be honored to show off my gadgets and my little pods. I love the gadgets!:D :D

Right now is the busiest time of the year in regards to my work.:mad: We are preparing my companies year-end financial statements. This should last all of Janurary and most of Feburary. So maybe March or April.

You can see my 2 arrowhead pygmy wrasses that I have. I love these fish. You can see on here:

http://www.themarinecenter.com/wetmorella.htm

The problem with Marc Weiss products is you do not know what is in it and his claims are unfounded. Like Johnathn said, just stick with a cal. and alk. supplement and with frequent water changes that is all you need.

Brad