PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Meeting

luminary
01/06/2003, 07:24 AM
I hope everyone had a great holiday season this year! I know I did!

Our January meeting is going to be this coming saturday, January 11th at 2:00 pm. It will be held at Andy's house. As soon as I get the directions from him I will send them out. We will have drinks and light snacks at the meeting for everyone. Please feel free to bring frags to trade or auction! We will be discussing what events/trips the club wants to do this coming year so if there is something specific you'd like us to do, be sure and let us know!

I have also made a few updates to our website over the weekend. Specifically, I have put up pictures from the Holiday party at Deborah and Regan's. You can view them here (http://www.tampabayreef.com/pastmeeting.html).

rreed
01/08/2003, 08:33 PM
Hello all! I'm bringing frags!! This is what I have: 1, staghorn(screaming green and yellow colors), 1, green stylphora, 1 green digitata. Now I have some leathers, also have a bubbletip that is 3 weeks another split will bring this if someone is interested? I have a frogspawn only if someone is interested? Zooanthids, pom pom xenia, clove polyps, yellow polyps. I'm willing to trade at meeting for sps. Ray

stevemc
01/10/2003, 03:26 PM
I will be bringing some frags of Stylophora pisillata that is bright yellow-like a yellow tang! yellow!. rreed wanted some and if no one else wants, I will put in the auction. See Ya, Steve. PS also I will be bringing a disc with some photos, and I dont have a lap top to show them. Anyone bringing one? This is a 3.5 floppy disc that I use in my Sony Mavica digital camera. Took some pictures of the mother colony Stylo. So if anyone has a lap top that can show pics from a floppy let me know or bring it thanks. I'll bring some drinks and maybe some snacks, anyone else? Steve.

luminary
01/10/2003, 03:34 PM
I don't think I'll have any frags to bring to this one....but I may bid on things in the auction :)...any cool colored shrooms or zoos, I'm interested!

Steve - I'm planning on bringing soda's and chips...if you want to bring something else, feel free, otherwise don't worry about it.

Also, I don't have a laptop, but if you email me the pictures I can try and print some out for you (as long as my printer isn't a PITA tonight)...

stevemc
01/10/2003, 06:40 PM
Matt, thanks for the offer. I have another slower computer that has a working color printer, I didnt even think of printing it, you know how a picture looks so real on a screen. I have some hot pink mushrooms, one gets about 3- 4 inches across and he is on a small shell, so if you would like him, I'll bring him. He hates halides, unlike my watermelon shrooms. By the way you want any watermelons? Reddish with green spots and streaks. Let me know, and I will bring em, Steve. PS -- OK I wont bring any snacks or drinks.

luminary
01/10/2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by stevemc
Matt, thanks for the offer. I have another slower computer that has a working color printer, I didnt even think of printing it, you know how a picture looks so real on a screen. I have some hot pink mushrooms, one gets about 3- 4 inches across and he is on a small shell, so if you would like him, I'll bring him. He hates halides, unlike my watermelon shrooms. By the way you want any watermelons? Reddish with green spots and streaks. Let me know, and I will bring em, Steve. PS -- OK I wont bring any snacks or drinks.

I'll take one or two watermelons...Already have some hot pink (bubble gum color) shrooms, so don't need those...

goofyfish
01/10/2003, 09:30 PM
steve...
if you send us the pics you have over the computer i would love to put them up on the webpage so everybody else can see what you have...also gives me a reason to start the member gallery that we want to put on the webpage...you can email them to me or matt...see you tomorrow...
jen

stevemc
01/11/2003, 09:09 AM
Jen and Matt, I am kind of new to this pictures on a computer thing. I have a Sony Mavica that can use a floppy disc, and I just put it in my computers floppy slot and click on 'my computer' and I can view my pics, but thats as far as I know. Big owners manual. I have a Dell 750 computer and a cable modem. I will bring the disc and we can view in the cameras little tv 3" in the back viewfinder. But I will get some good pics and will start a web site to store or whatever it takes. I'm just learning the dig. cam. All my 35 mm stuff is collecting dust in my closet. I will still use them to take slides for slide shows. I will still bring a bubble gum colored shroom and try to scrape of some greens and watermelons. The water melons are small as I am trying to get rid of them and the big ones have already gone. See you there. Steve.

scubadude
01/11/2003, 10:19 AM
I didnt think I was gonna be able to come to this meeting but just found out that I can now.

Matt I will try and dig up some cool zoos, or shrooms for ya! :-)

RAY! I have some stuff that I think you may like too. I would like a piece of that stag and the Green stylophora

Steve,
I will bring my Laptop and I have a proggie that will view your pics if need be. I would love to have a piece of that yellow stylo.

I will try and post some pics of some stuff I can bring to trade/auction....I know I will bring a couple frags of this Lime Green pocillapora, as well as some other sps, and maybe some leathers

http://www.coralfragz.com/images/sps107.jpg

this picture is taken under radiums....it looks a bit more yellow under 10k lights

mrivers
01/13/2003, 05:53 PM
This is my first post (or my first post in a while, I forgot). I've been listening in for some time though :)

Anyhow, this is Mike (& Pat) formerly of Creative.

Deborah and Regan, your tank looks pretty good in the pics. I only see a few patches of algae, looks much better than when I saw in November.

Hopefully things have only improved since those pics were taken!?