PDA

View Full Version : Macro Algae roundup

heedicus
01/06/2003, 01:09 AM
Hellos to one and all,
I am having some new tank algae fun in my seahorse tank and have no macro algaes to battle with. Does anyone out there have any they are willing to prune/trade? The more variety the merrier.
Thanks,
tren

Idaho Bob
01/06/2003, 10:56 AM
My macro forests are much diminished lately, but I can at least bring you a few cuttings from a number of caulerpa types. How about at the upcoming meeting?

heedicus
01/06/2003, 12:47 PM
Sadly I wont be able to make it,
The kenpo school I teach in has restarted classes on Thurs and I have to teach em. Any other time I can get some from ya?
Thanks
tren

Idaho Bob
01/06/2003, 02:55 PM
How about if I give them to Steve N., and you can pick them up at his house sometime? They aren't much, but a start of several varieties.

heedicus
01/06/2003, 03:30 PM
Sure,
If it works for steve, perhaps tommorow?
thanks,
tren

Idaho Bob
01/07/2003, 11:01 AM
I gave them to Steve this morning, so he'll have them at his house after work. You'll have to rinse them off to be sure there is no hair algae hitching a ride from my sump/refugium.
See you...

heedicus
01/07/2003, 11:11 PM
thanks,
picked it up from steve tonight=)
cyno go away!
t

GARFVolunteer
01/13/2003, 12:54 PM
Tren,

If you need some more, call Monica at home and arrange a time to swing by and pick some up. You can take about a third of what is in the refugium.

Scott

heedicus
01/17/2003, 11:44 AM
thanks, scott,
I may have to take you up on that, for now I think I am ok but we shall see.
how is the great texas?
t

GARFVolunteer
01/17/2003, 12:00 PM
Well.... Texas is OK but I'd rather be home. Unfortunately I have discovered Krispy Kremes and visit them just about daily.

Combined that with Texas BBQ and the ability to expense meals I am going to be a bit larger than I was when I left.

Only 7 weeks to go! :D

I did find a fairly decent reef store here that I go visit once in a while. (it's between Krispy Kremes and Rudy's BBQ) I have spent quite a bit there buying books and magazines. I found the Julian Sprung book on Algae which is pretty good.

Scott

heedicus
01/17/2003, 12:08 PM
Rock and roll,
you ever find any paddling?
t