PDA

View Full Version : Where to get high quality clams MO?

0dan0
01/25/2001, 12:49 AM
I am interested in a very nicely colored (ultra or 1st grade) crocea clam in the size range 1"-2". I am also interested in a nice looking derasa in the 1"-2" range. Does anybody know a good place to get clams like this MO inexpensively (not cheap, but I dont want to spend a fortune)?

-Dan

olgakurt
01/25/2001, 07:40 AM
where are you located? The "Reef tank store" in N VA carries clams and the prices seem pretty competitive w/MO.

herefishiefishie
01/25/2001, 01:17 PM
Premium aquatics is always a great place to get anything. Also, at FF Express you can choose the clams individually by photo.

JohnL
01/25/2001, 02:23 PM
I have no first hand experience with them but I have heard that Harbor Aquatics carries very nice clams. I have also heard the same about Dynamic Ecomorphology.

Outerbank
02/23/2001, 01:19 AM
I bought two crocea clams from FFExpress last Friday and they are just like they were in the picture (however someone told me he ordered a large clam and it wasn't as large as they claimed). They came well packed and are doing very well. Prompt service. I am very pleased. It was my first order with them. Get on their clam notification list. You have to act fast because their premium clams go quickly.

Scott

herefishiefishie
02/23/2001, 10:36 AM
I am on that notification list as well. I'm waiting for a good squamosa. :D

Agu
02/27/2001, 04:49 PM
A regular poster here has Harbor Aquatics as his LFS. He says they have excellant quality. He's picked up three for $89 (I think)and says they're very good looking clams about two inches plus, two max and a squamosa. I'll report further, he picked them up for me and will be delivering on his next business trip to Mpls. Gotta love it, a personal shopper who delivers too. :)

Agu