PDA

View Full Version : Frags at Jan. Meeting

amonhen
01/03/2003, 10:01 AM
After a long hiatus, I am finally going to be able to make the meeting this month. I have a couple of small tanks and I am looking for two small xenia frags--can anyone bring me a couple? I'm afraid I don't have much to trade at this point--southdown sand, used powerheads. I have Fiji LR I am getting rid of, but it is full of aiptasia which I just can't seem to get rid of. Let me know a price.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

--Jeff

JRegs
01/03/2003, 10:12 AM
Jeff, you're requesting xenia??? I thought you were a xenia king like me. Anyway, I could supply you with a couple. All I'd request in return is some rock rubble to mount new frags.
John

amonhen
01/03/2003, 11:39 AM
John,

Well, yeah, I used to be a xenia king. Then I moved and I lost just about everything in my tank. Except the aiptasia.

Speaking of parasites, are you flatworm free? I recall you had a stubborn flatworm problem, and I really want to make an effort to keep my 180 pest free.

As for the rubble, I'll be ordering rock for my 180 soon, so it will be no problem to get you some. I'd be happy to give you some of what I have, and I'll find some with no xenia visible, but you are taking a chance.

--Jeff

JRegs
01/03/2003, 03:29 PM
Yep, flatworm free for over five months now. I wouldn't offer frags if they came with those nasties. Not in Drexel Hill anymore, huh? I was going to tell you I will be up that way this weekend but I'll catch you at the meeting.

amonhen
01/06/2003, 09:28 AM
John,

I work in West Philly--as I recall you live in center city. Might be easier for both of us and best for the frags for me to pick them up at your place. I'll PC you my phone #'s.

--Jeff

stephen ackerman
01/06/2003, 05:42 PM
Hi Jeff:
My name is Steve A from Phila. I just joined the club 2 months ago, I am interested in all of your live rock, I need 30 to 40 pounds or what ever you have. Let me know what you want for it, and bring it to the next meeting.
Thank You
Steve A.

Spykey
01/06/2003, 05:50 PM
John if you could spare me some xenia I would be greatful too. I would give you some base reck in return.

If anyone else is trading of selling frags at the meeting let me know. I have a candycane frag and money.

Larry

amonhen
01/07/2003, 10:07 AM
Steve,

Sorry, but my lr is already gone. :sad2:

--Jeff

CherryCat
01/07/2003, 12:15 PM
i have a small, white pom-pom frag for ya, jeff, if yer interested ...

i also have a small green star polyp colony looking for new home ...

i will also bring a small bag or two of trimmings from my 'fuge ... nothing fancy, just grape caulerpa, but it will be loaded with pods, worms and dusters ...

amonhen
01/07/2003, 02:33 PM
I'll pass on the green stars, but I am DEFINITELY interested in the white pom pom!! I have been looking for some for a long time now. I remember Vince had a colony and it was just the coolest thing.

I would also gratefully take some caulerpa and whatever comes with it--leave it nice and dirty!

--Jeff

JRegs
01/07/2003, 02:55 PM
Larry, you got xenia.

JC, I'd like some of that pod infested caulerpa if you could spare some.

jeepguy
01/24/2003, 01:10 PM
hey me and my friend from work are coming. i can bring a few frags if anyone has anything i dont have available. how many frags usually show up (ive never been)

Jon
01/29/2003, 11:00 AM
Hey jeepguy,

I think you ment to post in the Feb meeting thread. But usually the number of frags depends and usually most people post here with offerings/wants and agree on what to bring prior to the meeting. Thanks,

Jon........