PDA

View Full Version : Live rock from Aquatic technolodgies

Jake
01/23/2001, 12:53 PM
I am thinking about buying Live rock and maybe a skimmer off of aquatic Technolodgies.(www.aquatictech.com)Has anyone had any experinces with this company. The last time I bought live rock MO I was greatly dissipointed in the quality of rock I got. If you have not delt with this place but have had good experinces elseware please mention where. Cost is an issue for me and I cant spent 6 buck a pound and then pay for overnight shipping on top of that.
thanks for any information
Jake

Snailman
01/23/2001, 11:13 PM
Jake

[welcome]

It better be some super rock for $6 a pouund.

Jake
01/24/2001, 08:30 AM
actually it is ~2.75 a pound for uncured live rock and it will be sent airport to airport so shipping will be ~50 bucks.

Do you suggest anyplace for purchasing live rock? Or do you think LR from a specific location is best? i.e. Fiji or tonga

Any knowlege and experence you can lend to me would be greatly appreciated.

Snailman
01/24/2001, 08:48 PM
Do a search on the main board because there are threads on "where is the best place to buy live rock" quite often. Just do a search on "live rock" and you should find them. We bought all of our live rock from Flying Fish Express ww.ffexpress.com All 800 pounds of it. :)

Smthnfishy
01/24/2001, 09:20 PM
try http://www.coraldynamics.com Hes got great prices and great service.
Erik

Burgman
01/25/2001, 08:58 AM
Hi,

There is a place called Gulfview that has live rock. Sorry I don't know the link. I have heard good things about the quality of their live rock. I have bought live rock off of Aquatic Tech and was satisfied. I went and picked it out in person though since I live close by.

Dave

sammystingray
01/26/2001, 03:56 AM
Aquatic technologies is also my LFS, and I think http://www.harboraquatics.com would be the way to go online. I buy from A.T. because I can pick out the exact shape I need. A.T. is not very customer oriented!

dlusional
02/28/2001, 01:04 PM
I was just at Aquatic Technologies to possibly purchase some live rock. His rock tanks smelled like raw sewage and this is what he advertises as cured. While his live stock is in premium condition, his rock leaved alot to be desired. I have found for both my reef tanks that purchasing live rock from Harbor Aquatics has worked out best. Not only does there rock have coraline algae growth on it when you receive it but there is absolutly no smell to it and I have been able to put it directly into my tanks with no nitrate or ammonia spikes. No scrubbing or rinsing is necessary and their customer service has ALWAYS been outstanding. Excellent coral selection as well.

Snailman
03/01/2001, 06:39 PM
dlusional

[welcome]

Jimmy
03/02/2001, 12:20 PM
Wed I received my first shipment of LS & LR Tampa Bay Saltwater (tbsaltwater.com). I purchased the pkg for a 70gal setup. The LR was truely amazing. Lots of stuff, feather dusters, sponges, more than I can say. I was extreamly hapy with the quailty and service In addition, that was the base rock. After my tank cycles I'll get the "deco' type with corals etc. I can't wait until I'm thru my cycle.

As far as Aquatic Tech, I live less than five minutes from the store and still buy online. They do have a nice selection of corals, etc, but I was not impressed with the LR - and their prices are high and service is not so great.

Just my .02 worth.

Jimmy