PDA

View Full Version : Green star polyps/ torch? to swap in Mn

Agu
01/23/2001, 12:35 AM
I have a tennis ball sized colony of green star polyps to swap. Also can frag a torch/frogspawn, the best minds on RC doesn't know what it is. I'm looking for branching lps frags, torch or frogspawn preferred. Will not ship (costs as much as buying). Will consider any/all reasonable offers.

Agu

As always, free xenia elongata and caulerpa "racemosa" available. email me for details.

G-money
01/25/2001, 12:40 AM
Hey Agu!

Wow, what potential luck!

To make a long story shorter, my bubble-tip anemone and frogspawn had it out the other day resulting in my having to frag my froggie in 2 to clear some space. This is in my 40 breeder and the new 90 isn't quite ready yet, so...I'm afraid I simply don't have room for one half of the frogspawn. If it was any other coral It would be OK, but frogs are just too potent. I was going to donate it to a LFS, but nah...:)

Right now, I moved the one half to the other side of the tank, but it is horribly close to about 3 other coral colonies. It hasn't fully expanded yet and this is likely due to being moved and also to being stung. The tissue is not damaged, though.

Anyway, the portion I'd like to rid myself of (sigh...) has about 6 or 7 smallish branches. It's about the size of a grapefruit when expanded. Most of the branches just finished or are about to finish dividing. It is green with purple tips...very nice. If you have the Sprung ID book, it is colored like the E. parancora on p.65 upper left, but it is an E. paradivisa. You could check it out if interested. Right now, I'm a bit strapped for space until the new tank is ready. However, I could try a bit of Xenia. The Caulerpa may be useful for the sump on the new tank, too.

Let me know what you think.

~Graham

[Edited by Geez on 01-24-2001 at 11:47 PM]

Agu
01/25/2001, 12:43 AM
You have mail.

Agu

Clyde
01/25/2001, 09:12 AM
get any left over (frogspawn) I would like to try

I have Orange Digita, Yellow Porites, Pavona Catus for trade, let me know.

lotsaRock
01/26/2001, 10:59 AM
I'm new to reefing, looking for frags. Can you guys let me know what you have and how much for it? Thanks.

Agu
01/26/2001, 01:00 PM
LotsaRock,

Your best bet is to join the local club. We meet monthly at members homes, get to check out a new tank every month, and a lot of frags are swapped/given away. Next meeting is at Augsburg College. Since this is the Dr Ron meeting there probably won't be many frags, but you'll get to meet people, hear Dr Ron, and see the Augsburg reef tank.

Agu

lotsaRock
01/26/2001, 01:08 PM
Agu,

I got your e-mail, thanks for the offer. I really appericate it. Also I'm probably going to join the club as well, and I'm already registered for the next meeting. Looking forward to hearing Dr. Ron speak, seeing the tanks and meeting more local reefers. Thanks.

Clyde
01/26/2001, 01:58 PM
I got some green star polyps, if you want

where are you located, its not a big peice but it grows :)

I m not sure what else I have, but Agu is right, join the club, be outgoing and you ll get corals in trades and things like that..

I m starting to decline some frags that I m offered at the reef meetings, becuase 1. I dont have room :)

join, boy TCMAS is gonna get bigger soon..

Agu
01/27/2001, 01:22 AM
I feel like a cheerleader for the local club. But I still remember, and have, the first coral given to me (thanks LarryM). It was a revelation, I didn't have to kick out $40 for a few shrooms, people had them to give away!!!! What a thrill to come home from a meeting and spend the evening acclimating FREE corals.

I'm currently low on caulerpa, but have xenia, green star polyps,capnella, and shrooms. Can also frag a "noble" acropora, not real pretty, but a good beginners sps.(i'm a beginner with sps)

Agu