PDA

View Full Version : Club Ideas

Legion
12/27/2002, 08:36 PM
Just been thinking of some things that we could start to do in the club. Any ideas and feedback would be great. I know Jonathan already asked this question, and I figured a thread should be devoted to it on its own.

I had an idea that we should have a bi-monthly or quarterly newsletter. It could have current information and graphics on different aspects of reefkeeping.

Also its starting to look like we are finally getting more members, so a rotation of meeting places should begin to take shape. I for one dont mind at all having one at my house ( though this may be some drive for many ). Perhaps we could sit down at our next meeting and discuss this issue in greater depth.

Also we really should have some sort of membership cards, I could do the design work for them. I know they would be a big help for Tein recognizing who gets the club specials and who dosent. And maybe if Tein agrees we could have some sort of point system. Where you get so many points per purchase and so many for signing up a new member. Theses point can add up to discounts on goods. This of course would be something we would have to get Tein to agree on.

As for the news letter mentioned above. I would be willing to at least for now do the typesetting and graphic placement, printing too if needed. I would have to go about this as if it were a graphic design job though.

Anyhow just a few ideas. Lets here some others, and some feedback on theses.

Chris

Legion
12/28/2002, 06:11 AM
Also I think we should seriously consider at our next meeting beginning the framework of the offices and duties involved with each.

I hate to be the one to bring it up but sooner or later we are going to have to discuss the subject of membership dues. Which IMO should be annual.

Anyhow lets here some other ideas and or discuss theses issues, plus lets set a date for the next meeting.:)

Legion
12/29/2002, 06:31 PM
Bump

Legion
12/30/2002, 07:24 AM
..........And on his farm he had a BUMB :rolleyes:

edsiajb
12/30/2002, 11:01 PM
Where is everyone on this? I posted my ideas in the thread "club direction" and don't want to duplicate. We need input from all. ????

Legion
12/31/2002, 06:31 AM
I was beginning to wonder if anyone was even coming to the club forum. Guess everyones busy with the holidays, however I have seen them posting in other threads. Go figure:rolleyes:

david b.
12/31/2002, 11:05 AM
Hello
I know i'm new here,and nobody knows me(hopfully that will change after the next meeting)but i will help in any way.Just let me know how i can help.:bum:

Legion
12/31/2002, 04:00 PM
Thanks David,

Hopefully we can get a date for another meeting after the new year. I look forward to meeting you.

jpsx3
01/02/2003, 11:09 AM
Hi guys,

I have been out of town skiing for the holidays so it is taking some time to read all of the new posts.

All of the ideas for the club sound good to me. I do say keep it as informal as possible at first because it will mean less work for the people accepting responsibilities.

I would not do membership cards or flyers in the beginning but let our officers focus on organization only. The work Jonathan has been doing is going to take more and more work the more people we add to our club. Our officers need to focus on 2 things IMO:

1:Building & maintaining the database of members

2:Scheduling & organizing meetings

I also am extremely interested in placing group orders. I feel if we can be a club which helps its members save money then this will be the only advertising we will need. We will have more than enough members and when we do decide to start charging club fees everyone would be willing to pay them.

I am also interested in meeting at different peoples houses or in my case it would be my office. It is always nice to see other peoples tanks. I would also keep the meeting mostly informal with the President of the club giving a brief greeting and the person who's house we are at giving a brief commentary on his reefing experiences and his current tank set-up.

Sorry for writing a book. :o

jpsx3
01/02/2003, 11:14 AM
Jonathan when fees come up for the web hosting/domain name let us know before the next meeting and we will all bring a little cash to pitch in.

And whoever doesn't show up has to pay double.:bum:

Legion
01/02/2003, 07:01 PM
Jpsx3,

I completely agree with keeping it as informal as possible. I mean we arent the Shriners, no need to get out the reefing phezes:)

phezs, fezs,fes,,,,hmmmm not sure how to spell that anyhow

Also I think group orders are a great idea as well. It will help thoses of us cash inabled ( me included ) to be able to get the little things we need without having to purchase stuff we dont need or want to reach a minimum order limit.

Legion
01/17/2003, 06:02 PM
So dosent anyone any else have any input/ideas?