PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Reefers sign me up!!

david b.
12/22/2002, 09:17 AM
Hi,
Just found you on Reef Central,and was glad to see there are more of you reefers out there that live in Alabama.I live about 30 miles south of B'ham in a small town called Jemison.I was also glad to see there is another reef store in hoover.I have been to the a diffent one many times(i want call no names ;) ).Me and my father-in -law are big into reefs,and would like to join you.I have a few things i could frag out,but not many.I've been in the hobby for about 4 years,and my father-in law about 20.Sounds like you got something good going on here,and we would love to be a part of it!!! :bum:

reeferaddict
12/22/2002, 06:15 PM
Hey David-

I think I can speak for the masses when I say we're happy to have ya;)

Glad you found the site, and tein's shop;) Both have been very helpful to me as I've learned more about the hobby. Reefcentral has been the guide I needed in many questionable situations, hope it helps you too if you need it. The general area is best for most questions you'll have, but check back here for info on club meetings and local reef related stuff.

Happy Holidays :D

Reeferaddict:bum:

Legion
12/25/2002, 05:51 AM
David,

Welcome to both RC & the RC Alabama Reefers Forum.
Jemison huh? I live in Randolph/Maplesville not to far from you. Glad to see you found us.

jpsx3
12/26/2002, 09:10 AM
Hi David B. nice to have you. We are just recently forming this nice little group of people so you haven't missed too much.

Quote:

"Me and my father-in -law are big into reefs....I have a few things i could frag out,but not many.I've been in the hobby for about 4 years."

This is discouraging for me as I have only had my reef set up for about 7 months but I was hoping as it aged things would start growing and I would soon be full to overfowing. In 4 years I want to have coral growing like weeds.

Brad Gardner
12/26/2002, 09:32 AM
Welcome David and father-in-law!!! Alabama reefers are just coming out of the closet. We may need to have a meeting soon.

edsiajb
12/26/2002, 07:23 PM
David,
Welcome! We are currently planning a trip for Jan. to Chattanooga to visit Captive Bred Corals. Our next meeting will probably be in Feb. Once the word really gets out, I am sure we will have a sizable organization (and frag trading power!).

edsiajb
12/26/2002, 10:32 PM
BTW...please send us your contact info.

david b.
12/27/2002, 06:21 PM
Hello,
David Betzhold
205-688-1504
205-335-1504
reefer67@earthlink.net