PDA

View Full Version : well trained copperband for trade!

stevemc
12/20/2002, 08:15 PM
I had a problem with aiptasia for a while, then I bought a copperband butterfly fish. In 2 weeks(really 1 1/2 since he wasnt trained) he has eaten all but 5 aiptasia anemones. I had maybe 75 anemones, and I didnt feed him after the second day. He works at it nonstop. I will be out of them this week if he keeps it up,(they are the last 5 big ones) so if anyone has a plague of them, let me know. I would either let you borrow him or trade him. I am looking for SPS types of coral. I paid 40 for him and he really did his job. Any one out there have this problem? Need a real clean-up crew? This one is well trained. I dont want to get rid of him, but I know he could do some good for someone else. Let me know, Steve.

Passionfish
12/30/2002, 04:20 PM
Do you still have him? If so, do you think he would be as good on hair algae? If yes, I would definitely want him.

gregt
12/30/2002, 07:24 PM
Hey Steve, I have a bunch of mojano's, I'm curious if he'd eat them?

I'd be willing to trade you a piece of SPS to rent him. I would prefer to give him back to you. More of an experiment than anything else.

stevemc
12/30/2002, 11:22 PM
Deborah , unfortunatly he doesnt eat hair algae:( , I know I have some. Maybe try a tang. Or a foxface. Greg, I dont know if he will, but its worth trying. I work tomorrow:mad: , maybe this week sometime? PM me with your schedule, and we can work something out, time wise. Steve.

gregt
12/31/2002, 06:17 AM
Steve, best bet for me would be to wait until the next meeting. How does that work for you?

stevemc
12/31/2002, 07:59 AM
Greg, I take it thats the 11th. I do not work that day, so I can make it. And will bring him. The butterfly has eaten all but 2-3 aiptasia, which were the really big ones, I will kill them with concentrated kalk. I'll feed him live adult brine shrimp and flakes until the next meeting. How bad are you infested? Are those the little bumpy looking things? I have seen pictures of them. He may eat them, lets hope he does. He didnt eat any polyps of the hard coral or zoos or palythoa or xenia or GSP (which by the way the GSP that I got at the meeting is speading upwards and outwards), but maybe there is something in anemones that attracts him to them. He grew 1/2 inch in the last 3 weeks from eating mainly anemones. He's about 3 inches now. See you at the meeting. Do we have it worked out yet? The meeting place etc. See Ya, Steve.:)