PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Clear mod

jjkahler
12/17/2002, 11:45 PM
I am not familiar with Aqua Clear filters. I am planning on using them on a nano tank sometime soon.

I was wondering if the filter comes with an aerator adjustment like thier powerheads do? If not couldnt I just tap the intake tube to get air/suction?

I am working on a DIY project and I know the nano keepers use these type of HOB filters. When the mods are done I will be sure to post them here (if they work). Any help to the above questions is appreciated.

Jason K

glazer
12/18/2002, 01:34 AM
no the AquaClears do not have any aeration/venturi thing to them... the only adjustment is to the flow of water through them by the intake tube pivoting away from the impellor.
I suppose you could indeed tap the intake tube and use a piece of airline with a air valve on it to achieve a venturi effect... my question would be why would you want to though?

jjkahler
12/22/2002, 10:36 PM
Thanx for the reply, I actually tried to make a CC skimmer that fits inside of a HOB filter and use the venturi/aeration mod to create the CC. Unfortunately I tried to make a mini CC skimmer that fits into the HOB filter, but didnt seem to skim anything (I think the length of the skimmer is way to small). I should just buy a remora, but I am tooooooo cheap. LOL.