PDA

View Full Version : 96w pc in an eclipse sys. 12?

liquidfluidity
12/16/2002, 05:42 PM
anybody ever retro-fit a 96w pc in an eclipse sys. 12. hellolights has a retro kit with a 17" reflector with a total lenght of 18.5". the lenght at the longest point in the hood is around 20". i may have to mount the endcap on the outside edge but i am wondering about heat and the possibillity of melting the hood. i plan to vent the hood on both ends but will/ should i plan on a fan also? will this be too much light? any response should be placed here or in my pm. i don't have regular access to a computer any more so my e-mail is defunct. pre-thanks!

KorbinDallas
12/17/2002, 08:57 AM
I'm not so sure a 96 watter will fit in there unless you are talking about the powerquad. They make a 32 watt retrofit that is super easy to install. Thats what I have. It gets sorta hot but nothing horrible. If a 96 watt is touching the plastic on the hood, I think theres a good chance it could melt. The retrofit I have sits about an inch and a half from the top of the hood.

liquidfluidity
12/17/2002, 05:03 PM
i think that it is the powerquad. what's the difference?

suasponte2/75
12/17/2002, 05:23 PM
If heat or concerns about it melting the plastic are on your mind just do what I did for my 4G cube. I installed a radio shack 3" fan in the back blowing air in to my 2x13w PCs. It actually cools it off too much so I mainly use it during the summers. You just cut a little square hole in the back and mount it to blow in with screws. It works great. My hood used to get really hot from the PCs but has since stayed relatively cool. It's worth a shot and save you money on a mini chiller. HTH.

Minh