PDA

View Full Version : Hey Doc, when are you and Marc Weiss tying the knot?

DJREEF
01/19/2001, 10:43 AM
Will Bob Goemans and Tullio be bridesmaids?:D I read Weiss' info-article in FAMA last month, and then his follow up, in this months issue, last night. It appears that you gave a 'glowing' recommendation of his products, during your speech, at MACNA. Wonderful spin, I thought. I was just wondering where I needed to send the blender. Though, I did notice that this most recent article was not quite so enthusiastic. I wonder why this is? Is someone getting cold feet?

DJ

rshimek
01/19/2001, 11:30 AM
It is all in your interpretation I suppose.

Of the three liquids I tested (or detested... :D ) Coral Vital was clearly the best bet. Gram per gram about the same nutritive level as frozen brine shrimp. This is no great shakes, but it surely beats Swiss tap water and whatever the mis-named product, "marine snow," is.

I suspect Mr. Weiss is as welcome as anybody else to put whatever spin he wants on what I said as long as he reports my statements correctly. From what I have read, his ads when it comes to what I said are accurate.

This is not to say I like any commercial liquid additive, my opinion of all of them is well known.

DJREEF
01/19/2001, 12:14 PM
Hey Doc,

Have you had a chance to read the latest yet? As I said, it appeared to be somewhat toned down a bit. Was just wondering if you had spoken with him about the 'hypish' nature of the previous info-add, or if he'd taken it upon himself to tone it down some. I guess if you're comfortable with it, then it's probally the latter.

DJ

simonh
01/19/2001, 01:52 PM
In his latest musings reefcentral.com also got a mention. For those who don't get FAMA you can see the ad's here:

http://www.marcweissco.com/watermarc/Vol1_Jan2001.pdf
http://www.marcweissco.com/watermarc/Vol2_Feb2001.pdf

Ironreef
01/19/2001, 10:05 PM
results are results funny how he sold it not as a trace and it has more than the stuff sold as trace. I wouldn't use either.Have before now less mumbo jumbo just feedings cal,buffer my reef seems happier and stable.

Salt Creep
01/19/2001, 11:20 PM
Dr Ron sez:
This is not to say I like any commercial liquid additive

But what about that kind developed by the Egyptians? :D

Salt Creep

rshimek
01/20/2001, 02:42 PM
Hi

:D :D :D

Ah, yes, but Heqet is not to be wasted by pouring into the aquarium....

Alice
01/20/2001, 06:03 PM
Brahahaha; was waiting for the Weiss ads to appear after MACNA. I saw Bob G. ask Julian if he could take a pic of him for the magazine. I figured the ad would have the pic with the caption "We're better than somebody!!" ;)

~Alice