PDA

View Full Version : Great customer service from lampsnow.com

signu459
01/18/2001, 11:50 PM
As many may have noticed there is new 96W actinic PC on the market. I has been out for around 6 months maybe longer. There was a good deal of discussion about the lamps some time ago as to weather or not they were "real" actinic as compared to VHO. I decided several months ago to order two of the PC's to compliment my 2 250W Iwasaki MH's. After receiving the two lamps I installed them and fired them up. Sure enough they put out that crisp blue that a VHO actinic does. They also made my corals glow like they never did under the 7100K PC's. With the Iwasakis and the Actinic PC's my tank was a very crisp bright white.

After about three weeks of use one of the PC's no real reason stopped working. So I contacted lampsnow to see what was going on. I spoke with Jason, after doing some trouble shooting with my ballast and wiring we decided that a new lamp was in order. Jason immediately sent out a new lamp along with a preprinted label to ship the bad one back. In the mean time I put one of my old 7100K lamps back into service along with the working Actinic.When I received the second lamp I plugged it in and it did not fire. At this point even though my ballast was firing the 7100K/Actinic combo I was wondering if it was my ballast. So I hualed the lamp out to Harbor Aquatics to see if it would light for them, sure enough it was dead. So again I contacted Jason at Lampsnow who inturn sent a third lamp to me. I received it yesterday, apon opening the bax I discovered that the lamp had been crushed during shipping. This was not due to anything Jason did as the packing was superb! So yesterday evening I emailed Jason telling him about our bad luck. Today when I got home and checked my email, sure enough I had ship notice from UPS saying my fourth lamp was on the way.

All of this was done without asking questions and done very quickly!

I would highly recommend http://www.lampsnow.com

Now I am praying ( I bet Jason is too ) that our good freinds at UPS take it easy on the new lamp.

Northern Reef
01/19/2001, 12:35 AM
This would be a great thread for our new vendor forum. :)

signu459
01/19/2001, 01:19 AM
Larry,

Not sure what your implying here, but I wanted this to get the most traffic possible. If it is better suited in the Vendor forum then it is fine by me to move it.

Northern Reef
01/19/2001, 01:39 AM
signu--not implying anything, I said what I meant. The vendor forum is new, and we would like to see it take off. I didn't move this here, btw.

JohnL
01/19/2001, 02:00 AM
Signu, I moved the thread here as this is where these types of threads belong now. Sorry for the mixup.

signu459
01/19/2001, 09:59 AM
No mix up at all!! :D :D

In all honesty I hadn't even checked out the new forums.

I am happy to be here!