PDA

View Full Version : All in one Nano Reef Tanks???

mic209
12/10/2002, 12:44 PM
Whats a good all in one reef tank? I'm considering an Alife 7, but i would like something a little bigger, around 10-15 gallons... Thanks in Advance...

luv2jeep
12/10/2002, 01:43 PM
If you can deal with acrylic, I had GREAT success with an Eclipse 6. Some people will say not to, but mine worked like a champ and I had phenominal growth in my corals!

I left everything as-is, but retrofitted 2-13W PC's.

mic209
12/10/2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by luv2jeep
If you can deal with acrylic, I had GREAT success with an Eclipse 6. Some people will say not to, but mine worked like a champ and I had phenominal growth in my corals!

I left everything as-is, but retrofitted 2-13W PC's.

Thank You, but i'm looking for something that was actually ment to be a reef tank, Like the Alife 7.

luv2jeep
12/11/2002, 09:17 AM
Just be careful with some of them. I had a 7.5 Gallon custom cube with built-in wet/dry in the back with an air skimmer. I tried to remove it all and the way it is designed, if you don't have the bio balls, it sounded like Niagara Falls!

Really, you don't even need an all-in-one! Just grab a glass tank, put a gutted AquaClear (or similar filter) on the back, retrofit some lights from petsupplyliquidators.com and you're done! And for half the price of a complete kit.

If you do want a complete kit, check Uniquarium and Clarity Plus. VERY high quality tanks!

Living Art Aquatics
12/12/2002, 05:47 AM
E-mail Acrylicman from here on the board. He can make you exactly what you want and is reasonable.

mic209
12/12/2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by luv2jeep
Just be careful with some of them. I had a 7.5 Gallon custom cube with built-in wet/dry in the back with an air skimmer. I tried to remove it all and the way it is designed, if you don't have the bio balls, it sounded like Niagara Falls!

Really, you don't even need an all-in-one! Just grab a glass tank, put a gutted AquaClear (or similar filter) on the back, retrofit some lights from petsupplyliquidators.com and you're done! And for half the price of a complete kit.

If you do want a complete kit, check Uniquarium and Clarity Plus. VERY high quality tanks!

An Alife 7 goes for $100 http://www.reptiledepot.com/all1.html

Can you build a Bow Front 7 for 50 bucks? Just the tank Alone would run $50...

EdKruzel
12/12/2002, 12:57 PM
Here's another tank that is complete and pretty nice for Nano purposes.

http://www.northcoastmarines.com/MTANK.htm

Good Luck,
Ed