PDA

View Full Version : 2.5g anyone?

schrader mo
12/10/2002, 09:44 AM
Is there anyone useing a 2.5 12Lx8Hx6W for a nano?
What would be the best light for this tank for stars,mushrooms and other softies?
What flow rate would be best for the 2.5g sump/refuge?
What size overflow tube would u advise for the flow rate given?
What way would u return the water from the sump?(spraybar,linelock attachments and other)

This is just a few ? to start my mind a thinking on what I am going to do with this setup.

Thanks for all advice given.:)

glazer
12/10/2002, 11:02 AM
Well this is my 2.5 gallon (http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3129) , so yes that size tank is completely feasible for a nice little nano. I don't however have any refugium set up for it. It seems to be doing quite nicely without it. I don't have any fish in it, to me it's too small so I'm not trying to raise pods for a food source. The tank is crawling with them though so their reproduction I'm sure is helping in feeding the tank. Nutrient export seems to be handled quite nicely by the quart a week water changes.

I don't know if any of this helped, since I am "non-fuge"...lol But I had considered adding one to mine early on and the overflow/plumbing/equipment issues on such a very small tank seemed to be way more a pain in da pooter then any benefits I might gain, other than extra water volume. But then to me that seemed counterproductive in wanting to set up such a small tank to begin with... just some thoughts. ;)

schrader mo
12/11/2002, 12:46 AM
Your setup is the same as what I would like but I plan on building the stand taller with another 2.5 under it in the stand.As far as a overflow I planned on just a single 3/4 tube with slits at the top in the back coner no box so to not take up much room in the tank.I love your light idea and that is some awsome wood working to.

glazer
12/11/2002, 01:46 AM
Thanks shrader...

I'm not sure I understand your overflow idea though, you are drilling the tank? or just gonna use a tube for a siphon? Since I don't understand what you are saying I'm not going to be the "master of the obvious" here in case you have all the workings of it figured out. I'd love to get a little more clarification from you though on the setup.

schrader mo
12/11/2002, 02:06 AM
I was going to drill the bottom of the tank in the back corner with just a piece of pipe comeing up with slits at the top like a overflow box.

The Unit
12/11/2002, 09:49 PM
thats gona be a loud set up if done like that....saound like somones ****in all the time