PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to split an order of dieselman's zoanthids?

TS
12/06/2002, 06:33 PM
100-150 polyps per order, would be about $40 each.

Check out the pics:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126161&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Let me know. I can paypal/receive, and you can just paypal me or give me $ upon receipt.

Travis

NewMariner
12/07/2002, 12:32 PM
Hey Travis,

I might be interested...those are some great lookin Zoos...So how many are planning on ordering? I would like to get a nice mixture...a little bit of everything....Let Me Know...

Tony

TS
12/07/2002, 01:41 PM
Hey newmariner, I wanted to get a mixed bag as well. The bag is $50 with 100-150 polyps total, then overnight shipping will be about $30 I imagine. Another 10 for heatpack/cooler I think.

I really only need about half that many, so we could split a bag, or you could get a full one if you want, he'll sell by the half-bag too. Just really looking to split shipping.

Travis

dvups1
12/07/2002, 02:06 PM
I'd like to get in if possible.

TS
12/07/2002, 02:36 PM
Cool, we're rolling.

You guys tell me how much you want, I'll put the order in Monday.

I imagine this guy can fit at least a few bags in one shipment, so more are welcome to join in. Things could get messy if you want something other than mixed bag though.

Travis

dvups1
12/07/2002, 05:32 PM
mbarta and I will split a $50 bag of mixed kinds.

TS
12/09/2002, 10:24 AM
OK, heard from Diesel Man. I'm going to PayPal him right away, he's sending them Wednesday overnight for Thursday arrival.

$150 total with shipping, box and heat pack. (2 mixed bags)

That's $37.50 each. I'm paying the full $150 via paypal, putting it on my credit card.

If you can paypal me, that would be preferable. Email or PM me for paypal address.

Bulldogger and mbarta, if one of you could pick up the zoos thrusday evening that would be preferable. The longer they sit in my tank, the messier breaking them up would be.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks guys!

Travis

NewMariner
12/09/2002, 10:45 AM
Great. I can pick them up late Friday(8pm-?) or anytime that is convienant for you on the weekend.

Tony

NewMariner
12/12/2002, 10:31 PM
Are the Zoos here:)

TS
12/12/2002, 10:36 PM
They're here. Waiting to see how they do. I'll send you a PM.

Travis

NewMariner
12/12/2002, 10:41 PM
a pm and a pic would be nice:)

TS
12/13/2002, 03:54 PM
Sorry newmariner, I’ve been terribly busy and the site has been down so I couldn’t PM you.

I don’t have a pic to post because the zoos weren’t open yet at lights-out last night. I’m hoping I come home to lots of happy zoos. If so I will post pics.

I have Bulldogger1’s phone number and will be in touch when they open, hopefully we can get this split up tomorrow.

The zos are spread across about 8 or 9 rocks, with one gorgeously covered green one.

Splitting them up so everyone is happy is going to be an interesting experience.

Travis

NewMariner
12/13/2002, 08:03 PM
I wont be to picky as long as I get a little of everything:)

TS
12/14/2002, 04:09 PM
Okay guys, most of these zos are looking pretty bad. Starting to turn white and "pinch off" at the tips.

I pulled a couple rocks out of the water and they smelled like curing LR- NOT a good sign.

I have taken pics of each rock just to have a record. I also have another PM in to Diesel Man.

PLEASE email or PM me with your e-mail addresses, I will send the pics to you and it'll be much easier to keep you all notified this way.

NewMariner, is your tank up and cycled? I'm going away for a week and may need you to take all the zos off my hands so if they come out mbarta and bulldogger can take their share.

I would say there are a total of 60 live zoanthids, almost all the yellow/green color morph. The "purple" ones that are out look very dull, either bleached or a disappointing color morph.

I'm sorry it went down this way, guys.

Travis

dvups1
12/14/2002, 04:35 PM
My email is dvarela@mindspring.com

NewMariner
12/14/2002, 06:58 PM
Travis,

Yea my tank is up and running...cycled as well...however I only have 1 175w MH...and I really dont want to take the chance of killing everyones Zoos...Im pretty new to the invert world....

TS
12/15/2002, 04:17 PM
David and Tony, I have copied you on an e-mail I sent to diesleman. He PMed me today to ask for the pics and work out sending a replacement order.

David, it would be very cool if you or michael could receive the replacement zos as I'm going to be out of town.

Thanks guys, hang in there- we're getting somewhere.

Travis

dvups1
12/15/2002, 04:25 PM
Sure thing. Just say when and I'll make arrangements to get them.

TS
12/15/2002, 04:49 PM
Thank you. That's a weight off my shoulders.

I copied you on my email to diesel man, perhaps you two can work it out so it's convenient for you?

I'm about to toss some of these zos, my tank is not looking too happy and I'm getting a cyano outbreak.

Travis

dvups1
12/15/2002, 04:56 PM
Sounds good. That is what I would do.