PDA

View Full Version : colt coral

mmortus
12/06/2002, 05:39 PM
Whats the best way to attach a cutting of colt coral. I've tryed a couple of different methods, so far no luck.

ReefGeekster
12/07/2002, 02:57 AM
I take two rocks (small/med) and set the coral between the two and wrap a rubber band(s) around the rocks compressing the coral between the rocks.

cperson
12/08/2002, 10:16 PM
I find super glue gel works well for these types of coral cuttings. Snail shells work well for anchors. Squirt some glue into the hole of a dry shell and stick the base of the cutting into the hole. Wait The 10-20 seconds for the glue to set B4 placing the cutting back into your tank.

bad habit
12/14/2002, 03:27 PM
In my experence with colt the smaller the frag the better (within reason).I have used bridal vail ,ruber bands and super glue. I'v also stuck it in a hole in the rock. it seemes to do best under m.h. lighting and light current.I have one in my maine tank that's close to 20in. round it's to big I cut it it grows back faster than before I think cuting it is like pruning bushes you know cut it to alow for new growth.:bum: LIFE IS BUT A DREAM SLEEP AS LONG AS YOU CAN