PDA

View Full Version : usplastic.com

Snailman
01/16/2001, 07:56 PM
This is the place I call the DIY supply store. They have everything plastic at great prices. They have the best price on acrylic sheet and tube. They also have the best price by far on the white plastic gate valves with red handles. Their web site leaves a lot to be desired but if you have a catalog they have an express order form where you just enter the data and it is a lot easier. I am very intolerant of poor e-commerce web sites but this place has so much good stuff you just suffer through it. They do have aa fax order number and an 800 number to oder so you don't have to use the web. There is a lot more stuff in their catalog than on their web site. They also have same day shipping which is great. A lot of the places we deal with could lear a lot from them. They also take care of problems with no questions. Do not leave a fax number on the order form because their shipping conformation fax server starts calling at midnight.

Coraldynamics
01/17/2001, 12:39 PM
I agree with Snailman. I've used them for years for many different plastic products. Since I live in OH too, I almost always get my shipment the day after I order it.

Great service, great prices!!

Rick
Coral Dynamics

reefguyinpa
01/18/2001, 11:08 AM
Snailman,
I have seen the website and wasn't impressed as yourself. I am glad you brought the catalog to my attention. I have just filled out a catalog request.
Thanks again!
JimB.

Snailman
01/18/2001, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by reefguyinpa
Snailman,
I have seen the website and wasn't impressed as yourself.

You might want to read my post again because I did not say a kind word about their web site. I believe that the bulk of their business is comercial and comes by phone or fax so they have no incentive to do a better web site. A lot of things they sell are not on the web site and the search stinks. When you gert your catalog you will see everything they sell and then you can use the Exprecc Order Form and it is a snap. That is the only page that really works.

reefguyinpa
01/21/2001, 05:54 AM
Snailman,
Perhaps you miss understood. I meant that I was not pleased with the content-or lack there of-of their website. I was trying to concur with you. I think that their website is not up to the standards of most vendors we use as far as content is concerned.
JimB.