PDA

View Full Version : December LVMAS Club Meeteing

LVMAS
12/04/2002, 12:02 AM
Hello Group!

This is just a reminder: LVMAS Club meeting - Its a week from tonight! Don't forget December 10th (Tuesday) is the next club meeting at the Yellow Submarine Aquaria pet store! Its at 7:00pm.

This should be a a FANTASTIC meeting!

There to be several speakers this time. I believe I heard someone mention Lori McFadden will speak on Macro algae(s). George Behar of SeaWater Express Shrimp Farm (a new paid member (s)) will speak on shrimp, phyto, detrivours, and what ever else pops in his head. It will be an educational experience for everyone! I hope there are more people willing to speak. Is there anyone that could take a microscope to the club meeting? If so, everyone may want to bring anything creepy from your tank and check it out under a microscope.

The McFadden family and Ocean Water Express have donated money for the very first "Door Prize" which I will spend in Yellow Submarine store and hand out at the end of the meeting. The McFadden family & OWE are 3 of the 7 paid memberships to LVMAS. Many Thanks!

More frag trading. A holding tank with lights curtesy of Jacque (Yellow Submarine) provided. Many thanks Jacque!

Id like every reefer to bring a cup of their (non coppered) sand bed. We will mix it all together and all that bring a cup get to share the bio diversity. I'll bring a cup (Mine has bio luminessants (glow-in-the-dark-stuff when you disturb the sand bed) ...and yours? I want to get Jacque in on this sand too.

Check the website for other updates!

More ($15. per year) paid memberships encouraged. (hint hint)

Visit the sponsors websites.
Many thanks!

Thank you for your time,
Howard Hoag
LVMAS Administrator
LVAquariaSociety@aol.com

LVMAS
12/11/2002, 02:17 AM
Hello Group!

First, I want to thank you all for your attendance and Jacque for hosting and providing snacks at the Second official meeting tinight December 10th.
George from SeaWater Express gave a very educational speech of Phyto, pods as well as his feeder shrimps. He was very approachable. He was kind enough to bring enough samples different phyto(s), pods for EVERYONE of the 20 people in attendance. He also gave a hand out on his feeder shrimp care.

Second bit of good news,
The LVMAS website is now placing on the first page of most search engines. So now you can just tell your friends do a search at their favorite seach engines to find us:

KEY WORDS: (or a combination there of) such as "Las Vegas aquarium stores maintenance personnel LVMAS aquarium society, reef aquarium Q&A." Well, you get the idea. Out of towners find the site no problem but I hope more locals find it soon too. Try it for yourself and see.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make tonight a success!

LVMAS
03/11/2003, 12:23 AM
Please refer to the updates on the LVMAS Calendar. The next 3 LVMAS club meetings will be held in the following order:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 8th: The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay

June 10th: Tropical Expressions (frag trade)

August 12th: Green Valley Aquariums (frag trade)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~