PDA

View Full Version : here is on in Ontario...

canuckreef
01/16/2001, 04:30 AM
following my post..

I was recently in Ottawa Ontario canada..

and had some time to kill..so opened the yellow pages and scanned the pet stores..

of course they have the usual "chain" aquarium shops..actually they have 2 of them..
but then saw this one..

Marinescape Aquarium
947 Carling Ave
Ottawa
613-761-1743

this is a smallish store.. in a small strip plaza..
i was impressed by the the cleanliness and set up of place..
the tanks were clean and the livestock all looked rather healthy..as well not over crowded..but lots of fish to choice from.. variety and sizes..

one thing i notices was besides the prices being very reasonable and actually better than the chain stores..
was they had the date the fish came into the store on the price tag.. this sure helps (if accurate) to let you know how long it has been here.. if you are unsure of the health..this is a good indicator... the longer the better..
not just out of the bag..like some places..

as well the staff was very friendly and willing to offer advise.. i had just set up a 55 gal and although they realized that i was not making any purchases.. and as well was from out of town..(so no chance of me appearing on a regular basis) they gave their advise anyways..

i would recommend this place to anyone on the area..

they have a web site...
http://www.marinescapeaquarium.com

hope this is post is the start of many good experiences as well as those ones to stay away from..but this one is a
"9 out of 10"

fitzyu
01/20/2001, 06:37 PM
Next Time I am in Ottawa I will visit this store and so will my buddies....thanks for the posting....
Have a great day@!
Originally posted by canuckreef
following my post..

I was recently in Ottawa Ontario canada..

and had some time to kill..so opened the yellow pages and scanned the pet stores..

of course they have the usual "chain" aquarium shops..actually they have 2 of them..
but then saw this one..

Marinescape Aquarium
947 Carling Ave
Ottawa
613-761-1743

this is a smallish store.. in a small strip plaza..
i was impressed by the the cleanliness and set up of place..
the tanks were clean and the livestock all looked rather healthy..as well not over crowded..but lots of fish to choice from.. variety and sizes..

one thing i notices was besides the prices being very reasonable and actually better than the chain stores..
was they had the date the fish came into the store on the price tag.. this sure helps (if accurate) to let you know how long it has been here.. if you are unsure of the health..this is a good indicator... the longer the better..
not just out of the bag..like some places..

as well the staff was very friendly and willing to offer advise.. i had just set up a 55 gal and although they realized that i was not making any purchases.. and as well was from out of town..(so no chance of me appearing on a regular basis) they gave their advise anyways..

i would recommend this place to anyone on the area..

they have a web site...
http://www.marinescapeaquarium.com

hope this is post is the start of many good experiences as well as those ones to stay away from..but this one is a
"9 out of 10"