Reef Maniac
01/15/2001, 11:59 PM
Who's Dr. Ron? And where is he?

JohnL
01/16/2001, 12:10 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/library/DrRonBio.htm

moviegeek
01/16/2001, 12:35 AM
Dr. Ron is a good person to listen to advice-wise. He writes monthly articles for Aquarium Fish and is the author of the book The Coral Reef Aquarium.

rshimek
01/16/2001, 08:18 AM
A bit of a correction and perhaps some information...

I have been writing more-or-less bimonthly articles for Aquarium Fish Magazine. That output will be decreasing as the editor seems to think that reef stuff (or maybe just my reef stuff :D ) is not important.

I also write a monthy (supposedly} column for Aquarium Fronteiers Online. This column deals with various aspects of invertebrate organisms. There have been some problems with timely publication of this column which I hope have been resolved.

Recently I have begun writing for Tropical Fish Hobbyist (I don't know if any articles have been published, but several are in the pipeline).

I also have written for Aquarium USA, and The Marine Reef and Fish Annual produced by Fancy Publications.

Staceon
01/16/2001, 02:52 PM
Hey Dr. Ron,

Your columns at AFM will no longer be? Great, just great, when I finally stop picking up the issues(just for your articles BTW) and actually order a year's subscription I hear this. Is there any way to write or contact the editor?

rshimek
01/16/2001, 05:25 PM
Hi Staceon,

The reef question and answer column in AFM is by Charles Delbeek.

I have been doing articles.

An email address that may get results is found on their web site at: http://www.animalnetwork.com/fish/contact.asp

The magazine has an email address listed as:
aquariumfish@fancypubs.com

Hope those help.

Ironreef
01/16/2001, 09:04 PM
Ditto i buy aquarium fish mag for RonS articles, i like Scott Michaels and they every once in awhile have a good article.(by another author) I could careless about the others.Guess i will send them an email cuz imo the magazine will turn into a freshwater or ads like the others.

JamesB
01/16/2001, 09:15 PM
Dr. Ron? Isn't he that guy that comes on UPN after Judge Judy and before Montel? I heard there was a scandal a couple of years back, where nude pictures taken by a former "friend" were circulated on the internet. I tried to confirm this rumor, but only found camoflauge boxers. Somebody was also circulating a rumor that he wasn't really a Dr., just some guy that dropped a hook into an ice-covered lake somewheres up north.

Maybe some day all these supposed truths will be verified or debunked.

For now, I'll just trust in his reef thoughts.

Later, James.

0dan0
01/16/2001, 11:19 PM
JamesB, i think you are thinking of Dr Seuss. They exposed him a few years back. This Dr. Ron charachter seems to be somewhat clean. But ive got my eye on him.

-Dan

Ironreef
01/16/2001, 11:39 PM
In my newaquarium fish mag the author of the reef aquarist said some things in a way that makes me wonder if he didn't like the feb2001 article of food additive study cuz he has some friends who may have been affected with the results? Just wondering if he has influance of no shimek articles?? Just pondering. I may just get a new mag.

rshimek
01/16/2001, 11:44 PM
James...

Originally posted by JamesB
....where nude pictures taken by a former "friend" were circulated on the internet.

Oh, so true. To find them, do a search on "The Great White Whale..."

....Somebody was also circulating a rumor that he wasn't really a Dr., just some guy that dropped a hook into an ice-covered lake somewheres up north.

Psssst!!!! I will sell you my degree, REAL cheap. All you have to do is pay me for it what it cost to produce (about $150,000 in 1970 $$$).

Staceon
01/17/2001, 11:47 AM
Hey Dr. Ron,

Thanks for the link. I sent them an email. Hopefully others will follow.

moviegeek
01/18/2001, 03:57 PM
I sent them an e-mail, too.