PDA

View Full Version : Gonna have to sell my reef!

Rowdy
11/30/2002, 05:15 AM
Locals only please;

Hello,

I am located in Scranton, PA and have a nice reef which I am thinking about selling if I can find a LOCAL buyer.

Here is a brief list;

TANK: Std. All Glass 180 (2' x 2' x 6') drilled with 1" bulkheads in each back corner, each having 1.25" dursos behind custom black acrylic overflows that simply disect each corner into a triangle. Very High Flow/Low PROFILE Stand is a std. pine painted blue, there is no hood, the lights hang from the ceiling on wires.

SUMP/RETURN: the tank overflows through dual 1" lines into the basement sump which is directly below. The sump is a 150 gallon Rubbermaid Feed Bin. There is a 1.5" Bulkhead from there feeding the Amp Master 3000 return to two 1" Sea Swirls (need easy repairs each. The return manifold is from rigid pvc 1.5" origignating at the AmpMaster and splitting into three valved 1" lines. 1 each of flex spa line to each of the two seaswirls, 1 is capped with room to cut and add on the capped side of the shut off valve. Ampmaster has had the new seal in place 2 months.

SKIMMER: is a custom from Ron's which I adapted to run off of the flow from one overflow and two 4" airstones add microbubbles, works exceptionally well with little energy expense.

LIGHTS: Aqualine Buschke Aquaspacelight in Blaack with 3 x 250 watt 10,000k HQI and 4 x 40 watt PC (1yr on all of above)

MISC. EQUIP:
Coral Hound dual chamber 21" tall reactor with an Eheim and a MJ 1200, M3 chrome regulator assy. 10# CO2 aluminum tank

Wavemaster PRO w/ 4 MaxiJet 1200's , much live sand in sump and 200# in tank, some hard from too much calcium.

Un used Auto topoff switch

Light Timers (2)
Icecap660 w four NO bulbs for the sump. Timer needs to be wired.

About 300+ pounds of Figi (Ron's, Premium Aquatics)

Some sps and a few wild xenia and shrooms.

Yellow Tang, Two Sm. Perc.s,

Corals of the World set and various other publications

There is probably alot of other stuff I forgot like the PinPoint pH monitor and 100 GPD 4 stage RO/DI recently upgraded but barely used.

I am taking offers @ rowdy88(NOSPAM!)@adelphia.net
I obviously have spared no expenses here so please don't waste my time. I will sell it to a responsible reef keeper only or at least a newbie with demonstrated knowledge to keep this reef.
Will not part out this reef, please don't ask. Will be available for questions please ask. Will e-mail pics to serious individuals.

I have not been able to maintain this reef to the standards I think it deserves and foresee no time to do so in the near future. Although this reef is very self-sufficient it has become infested with grape calurpera and has a minor hair problem. Granted it is a young reef (1 yr and a few months). I have added zero snails or other algae control because I like a little green in the reef, but some of the sps would do much better without it.

Thank You,

Rowdy

JazzMan
12/01/2002, 10:52 AM
How much for the AB lighting system?

JazzMan
12/01/2002, 10:55 AM
Ooops!! Missed the fact that you are not parting it out.

If you ever decide to part it out, email me about the lights.

Thanks!!

gri24
12/04/2002, 09:05 AM
give me a price too start with and maybe we can talk

gobygoby
12/04/2002, 01:06 PM
Hello,
I know you dont want to part out the reef, but what about the book, corals of the world. Let me know.

Thanks
Goby

henkelsfamily
12/06/2002, 08:35 PM
Very interested but need a starting price. I am located in Doylestown Pa.

Walter